Finally a sensible response to recent school shootings

Lets see, teachers, administrators, and or janitors carrying concealed weapons.

Locking the campus down.

Doing away with Physical Education.

Reinstatement of corporal punishment, be it at school, home, or both. Of course, we would need to TEACH parents how to do this.

Is it just me, or does all of the above seem kinda silly?

Hell, after years of training, cops can't shoot straight, and make bad choices under stress. You want to put guns in the hands of untrained school personnel? Really a bad idea.

As far as I'm concerned, locking the campus down is about the only safe, and sane option available. In today's environment, schools also NEED on campus security, perferrably plain clothes, retired police officers, or perhaps retired military police.

Doing away with P.E. is just completly nuts, and without justification of ANY KIND. Physical Education is an essential part of ANY viable educational program.

Corporal punishment is an emotional issue, kinda like abortion, don't know that I'd spend too much time or effort running that issue up the flag pole. Besides, it wouldn't do anything to improve school security against past students, non-students, or current students. What are you going to do, spank them?

Forum List

Back