Finally, a Repub admits voter ID laws meant to suppress Dem votes

With close to 100 million votes cast, no need for excuses, simply REALITY. So a few illegal residents possibly vote*, big deal.

There have been plenty of elections won by just two or three votes. I would gather that's quite a big deal to the loser who should be the winner if a few fraudulent votes were cast.

House Majority Leader Mike Turzai (R-Allegheny) suggested that the House's end game in passing the Voter ID law was to benefit the GOP politically.

"We are focused on making sure that we meet our obligations that we've talked about for years," said Turzai in a speech to committee members Saturday. He mentioned the law among a laundry list of accomplishments made by the GOP-run legislature.

"Pro-Second Amendment? The Castle Doctrine, it's done. First pro-life legislation - abortion facility regulations - in 22 years, done. Voter ID, which is gonna allow Governor Romney to win the state of Pennsylvania, done."

Fox Downplayed Voter ID Concerns, But Republican Now Admits Voter ID Laws Could Help GOP | Media Matters for America

Absolutely.

It's like Wally O'Dell all over again..but this time it's not a CEO..it's a government official.

I am with the left on this issue. It is a huge burden to prove you are who you say you are. Everyone knows this. That is why anyone can walk into the White House, without ID. Just say "I am an American Citizen. I am here to look around.". They'll let you in, no questions asked. Same with cashing checks. ID is hard to obtain, banks understand this and let people withdraw cash from accounts just on their word.

That's exactly what Priceline just told me in my e-mailed itinerary of my upcoming trip to Calif.
Since both my wife and I are white and we're not leaving the country, we won't need any sort of ID to board the plane, pick up our rent-a-car, or even check in to our hotel.
When I get to the ship, they're going to take my word that I am who I say I am and I'll easily board a US Navy Battleship.
:clap2:
What a country!!!
Vere do you keep the nuclear wessels??

Star_Trek_Original_Series_Pavel_Chekov_freecomputerdesktopwallpaper_1600.jpg

I am with the left on this issue. It is a huge burden to prove you are who you say you are. Everyone knows this. That is why anyone can walk into the White House, without ID. Just say "I am an American Citizen. I am here to look around.". They'll let you in, no questions asked. Same with cashing checks. ID is hard to obtain, banks understand this and let people withdraw cash from accounts just on their word.

That's exactly what Priceline just told me in my e-mailed itinerary of my upcoming trip to Calif.
Since both my wife and I are white and we're not leaving the country, we won't need any sort of ID to board the plane, pick up our rent-a-car, or even check in to our hotel.
When I get to the ship, they're going to take my word that I am who I say I am and I'll easily board a US Navy Battleship.
:clap2:
What a country!!!
Vere do you keep the nuclear wessels??

Star_Trek_Original_Series_Pavel_Chekov_freecomputerdesktopwallpaper_1600.jpg

I cannot confirm nor deny the presence of nuclear weapons on board Naval vessels.

:eusa_shhh:

House Majority Leader Mike Turzai (R-Allegheny) suggested that the House's end game in passing the Voter ID law was to benefit the GOP politically.

"We are focused on making sure that we meet our obligations that we've talked about for years," said Turzai in a speech to committee members Saturday. He mentioned the law among a laundry list of accomplishments made by the GOP-run legislature.

"Pro-Second Amendment? The Castle Doctrine, it's done. First pro-life legislation - abortion facility regulations - in 22 years, done. Voter ID, which is gonna allow Governor Romney to win the state of Pennsylvania, done."

Fox Downplayed Voter ID Concerns, But Republican Now Admits Voter ID Laws Could Help GOP | Media Matters for America
All this is a a battle for who can control the power in government and it aint for your benefit, of that you can be assured.
The less voters there are, the less trouble either side has to go through to manipulate and rig the elections.
Just look at the so called elected officials who don't even put up any objections to the police state laws because that is the one thing that both sides can agree with, that is to squash any dissent by the citizen. Once that is out of the way they concentrate on who will rule over the serfs. It still amazes me how folks see this kind of fighting as having anything to do with their welfare or benefit. :cuckoo:

Forum List

Back