finally, a reason to drink beer =)

DKSuddeth

Oct 20, 2003
North Texas
beer good

A man walks into a bar and orders a 12-ounce bottle of Corona Extra. Another man walks in and orders a 12-ounce Guinness draft.

The two men turn to each other, raise their glasses and say, "Here's to your health."

Question: Whose dietary and health interests are better served by the 12-ounce beer?

If the guidelines are less alcohol, fewer calories, fewer carbohydrates and, to top it off, protection against heart attacks, blindness and maybe even impotence, then it's the Guinness drinker, hands-down.

No joke.

Guinness, in fact, is lower in alcohol, calories and carbohydrates than Samuel Adams, Budweiser, Heineken and almost every other major-brand beer not classified as light or low-carb. It has fewer calories and carbohydrates than low-fat milk and orange juice, too. Could this be the same Irish stout that looks like a still-life root-beer float and tastes about as filling as a quarter-pounder with cheese?

oh man, guinness is awesome. its a tad thick is all, not like syrup or anything. but very smooth and it doesn't fill you up with gas from the carbonation.

Originally posted by OCA
There is a ram in Portland also. So you must know about the McMennamins? Good beer albeit a hangout for hippies. How about the Rogue ales? Or Deschutes? I think there is a Redtail out of Seattle that was pretty good.

don't care too much for the 'hippie' remark. :p:

tye dye and birkenstocks is more my style than DK's LOL

And Darin....it does NOT taste like :poop:

:cof:

the tye dye might be a bit much for me, yeah. but birkenstocks are cool. feel better on the feet than tennis shoes do ;)

thats because you have big monstrous tugboat feet, m'dear!

Originally posted by OCA
Guiness is awesome! Wife from Oregon so had lots of Full Sail and also Widmer. Went to college in Texas and had my fill of Shiner and Lone star.

If you are ever in a bar or restauraunt and they have an oatmeal stout on tap give er a try, those are delicious!
Samuel Smith oatmeal stout if great, I love a beer you can chew.:D

Originally posted by gop_jeff
Widmer is decent... not my first choice but I'll drink it.

Actually one of my favorites is Buttface Amber, brewed at the Ram! MtnBiker knows all about that one, I'm sure! I also like their EPA. For those that don't know, the Ram is a chain of restraunt/bar/microbreweries, with a couple of palces here in the Seattle area, plus one in Boise and a few in Indiana.
Yup, The Ram does have some great beers, although I haven't been there in months.:( But amber ale is one of my favorite styles of beer. I recognize alot of the Pacific Northwest Beers, Widmer, Rogue, Deschuettes, Full Sail all good beers.

New Belgium in Fort Collins has some great beers, including Fat Tire. Being a mountain biker I'm almost required to drink it. :D

Great topic DK!

Originally posted by OCA
I'm trying to give y'all a mental image of these places. Its like you walk back into Haight Ashbury circa 1967. There are alot of these places in the Northwest. Birkenstocks, although not my style do look comfortable.

But damn these guys brew some good ale.

http://www.mcmenamins.com/

Haight Ashbury circa 1967????? I was there!

Hey, anyone heard of this beer called Natural Light? Yeah, that's what I drink, ya buncha beer-snobs!:p:

Think one of the better beers I have drank was called BRAND! comes in a white bottle.

Originally posted by gop_jeff
Never had Guiness... it looks a little too thick for me, though I would certainly be open to trying it. My mainstays are Sam Adams, Shiner Bock (brewed in TX), and Full Sail (brewed on the Oregon side of the Columbia).
what ever happened to good old bud? (and Jon... not <i>that</i> bud

Forum List

Back