Finally a crackdown on flash mobs

I said "Marines."

:eusa_hand:

I refuse to believe the average IQ of an average Marine exceeds 90.

Why?:confused:

I've worked with them.

While their officers and NCO's are at 90+, the VAST Majority have been rigorously trained not to drag their knuckles while walking.

Of course, maybe I missed all the Smart Marines as they are typically dressed in Navy Uniforms.:razz:

from a 2007 RAND report-
Quality
The quality of personnel that the services access under the all-volunteer force has remarkably improved since the days of the draft. Under the Vietnam War-era draft, the services used a quota system to ensure the “equitable” distribution of manpower on the basis of mental ability. Each service was required to take a specified percentage of Mental Category IV personnel.8 Mental Category IV personnel are between the 10th and 30th percentile of the population. On a standard intelligence test — the Stanford-Binet IQ test — this represents a test score range between about 72 and 91. Mental Category V, the lowest 10 percent of the population, is never taken.9 Those opposed to the all-volunteer force in Congress, who were unsuccessful in their attempts to block President Nixon’s initiative, turned their attention to the issue of quality. If there was going to be an all-volunteer force, it would have to have a 55-percent floor on high school graduates, as opposed to the 45-percent floor the services had had, and a ceiling of 18 percent on Mental Category IV personnel. Many at the time, particularly opponents of the all-volunteer force in Congress, thought these levels could not be achieved. To make a very long story short — discussed in the rest of this book — about 93 percent of accessions today are high school graduates, and the services take very few — in effect, no — Mental Category IV personnel.
Mental aptitude. Today’s American military scores well above the general civilian population on standard tests of intelligence.10 The services currently accept almost no one from the two lowest mental categories, IV and V (scoring roughly 72 to 91), with one percent from Category IV and none from Category V. In contrast, 30 percent of civilians fall into these categories. For the top two categories, I and II (above 108), the military takes more than its fair share, with 41 percent of military personnel but only 36 percent of civilians falling into these two categories. Finally, more than twice as many military personnel as civilians fall into the middle category, III (92 to 107), with 58 percent for the military and 34 percent for civilians. Moreover, the reading level of new recruits is one year higher than their civilian counterparts.

the military prescreens for intelligence. that is a major factor in why there are less racial problems in the military compared to civilian enterprise. can you imagine what would happen if a business admitted to having an IQ92 cutoff for employment?

Forum List

Back