Final Score: Jan Brewer 8 billion, Suns owner Rob Sarver 0, zip, nada

That's analogous to how she'd recognize "who they are" and catch an illegal?

Yes... It is illegal to occupy the seat of a paying patron... (Ever try "moving up" and getting caught?)

When a person holding a ticket for Section 102, Row J, Seat 12 tries to sit in his seat and it is occupied by anyone other than his own ass the usher should have every right to ask for proof that the seat-occupier is occupying the seat legally...

Which is analogous to identifying who illegal aliens are..........................how?

Are you kidding?

Yes... It is illegal to occupy the seat of a paying patron... (Ever try "moving up" and getting caught?)

When a person holding a ticket for Section 102, Row J, Seat 12 tries to sit in his seat and it is occupied by anyone other than his own ass the usher should have every right to ask for proof that the seat-occupier is occupying the seat legally...

Which is analogous to identifying who illegal aliens are..........................how?

Are you kidding?

Yea, you're saying that she'd identify them in the analogy because they'd be in someone's freakin seat.....................I'm asking what's the analogy to being in someone's seat..............in the real world...........outside of the analogy............what are you saying "being in someone's seat" is analogous to.............in-terms of identifying someone is an illegal-alien into the Country.

Are you kidding?

And honestly, I was going to ask if you were kidding.

Because I'm asking what the basketball stadium situation she described............is analogous to.........................................and your answer is the basketball stadium situation...............I think you somehow don't get what I'm asking.

Just let em all in. What's the big deal? Why would this owner have a problem with allowing everyone into his games regardless of whether they paid or not? Hmm?

G.T.
do you have a "good idea" who the vast majority of illegals in arizona are?

Just let em all in. WTG Brewer! This Suns owner is a well known Democratic Party donor so he's just pandering. Let em all in for free and then we can have a real discussion.

Uhh..

I don't think you know what the word "pandering" means. He's a big DONOR. That means politicians pander TO him, not the other way around.

She lost her credibility with me. I was giving Az. the benefit of the doubt that they weren't going to racially profile, and here she is implying that that's the explicit intent. Strong work.

Obviously the majority of illegals in Arizona are Hispanic. To pretend that's not the case just makes you an idiot, not enlightened.

Most one sided ass kicking since I asked Dem to point out FDR's economic greatness. Way to go Jan!

The owner of the Phoenix Suns basketball team, Robert Sarver, opposes AZ's new immigration laws. Arizona's Governor, Jan Brewer, released the following statement in response to Sarver's criticism of the new law:

"What if the owners of the Suns discovered that hordes of people were sneaking into games without paying? What if they had a good idea who the gate-crashers are, but the ushers and security personnel were not allowed to ask these folks to produce their ticket stubs, thus non-paying attendees couldn't be ejected.

Furthermore, what if Suns' ownership was expected to provide those who sneaked in with complimentary eats and drink? And what if, on those days when a gate-crasher became ill or injured, the Suns had to provide free medical care and shelter?" -Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer

She lost her credibility with me. I was giving Az. the benefit of the doubt that they weren't going to racially profile, and here she is implying that that's the explicit intent. Strong work.

How do you lose credibility doing the right thing? Oh yeah .... it's you .....:eusa_whistle:

Btw,this tool is a big Democratic Party donor. Brewer really should hold him to making all Suns games free. Go get em Brewer!

Wow, what a moron to compliment a moronic thread.

How is this thread moronic you ignorant little pissant partisan fuck?

it's a funny story. You'd be guffawing your stupid little ass off if a Dem had blasted someone with it.

it's a funny story. You'd be guffawing your stupid little ass off if a Dem had blasted someone with it.

Because Frank is a moron who's posting chain emails again. There is no evidence that she ever said this.

Also, these were Sarver's comments on the bill:

2010 NBA Playoffs: Phoenix Suns sending strong message through jersey switch - ESPN

In a news release from the team, Sarver said, "Our players and organization felt that wearing our 'Los Suns' jerseys on Cinco de Mayo was a way for our team and our organization to honor our Latino community and the diversity of our league, the State of Arizona, and our nation … "

The next paragraph was when he teed off on the politicians.

"The frustration with the federal government's failure to deal with the issue of illegal immigration resulted in passage of a flawed state law. However intended, the result of passing this law is that our basic principles of equal rights and protection under the law are being called into question, and Arizona's already struggling economy will suffer even further setbacks at a time when the state can ill-afford them."

Businesses and unions have already announced they will boycott travel to Arizona. The University of Arizona says it has already received notices from out-of-state students that they won't be attending school there in the fall because of the law. There are calls for Major League Baseball to move the 2011 All-Star Game from Arizona, as the NFL once did with the Super Bowl after the state refused to honor the Martin Luther King Jr. holiday.
The backlash against the law has already led to change. On Friday, Brewer approved modifications that would prohibit police from using race as a base for questioning people about their status. But there are also changes that could lead to increased questioning when violations of local municipal codes are investigated.

He made his comments it seems before Brewer changed the original law. One cannot fault Sarver's comments on this bill at that time, which is why Frank's thread is further moronic.

Because Frank is a moron who's posting chain emails again. There is no evidence that she ever said this.

And who gives a shit if she did or not? I't a hilarious story either way. I've read plenty of made up shit from the left that you haven't called moronic. Gee guess you'll pull out the old "I didn't see those threads" excuse again?

And who gives a shit if she did or not? I't a hilarious story either way. I've read plenty of made up shit from the left that you haven't called moronic. Gee guess you'll pull out the old "I didn't see those threads" excuse again?

Because it takes Robert Sarver's comments out of text and doesn't show them at all. Considering it's not in humor but in politics shows that Frank thought she did say this.

I don't even know how you can defend this.

This would be like me starting a thread about someone else mocking comments that you never made in the first place. Though I can see you don't care for the truth.

This "fairness" bullshit is a little ridiculous, dude.

Mod's a liberal. He's allowed to be. He doesn't have to criticize Liberals and the left - you guys have that covered. I don't really see you defending Democrats very often here either. The tit-for-tat shit is overrated. Everyone has their side, and that's the way it is.

Attempting to hold others accountable to unreasonable rules that you yourself don't follow isn't conducive to honest debate.

Are you kidding?

Yea, you're saying that she'd identify them in the analogy because they'd be in someone's freakin seat.....................I'm asking what's the analogy to being in someone's seat..............in the real world...........outside of the analogy............what are you saying "being in someone's seat" is analogous to.............in-terms of identifying someone is an illegal-alien into the Country.

It's analogous to someone breaking the law.... Sitting in someone elses fucking seat is an ilegal act... Speeding or weaving over the double-yellow is an illegal act...

When you perform an illegal act you can be asked for identfication...

This "fairness" bullshit is a little ridiculous, dude.

Mod's a liberal. He's allowed to be. He doesn't have to criticize Liberals and the left - you guys have that covered. I don't really see you defending Democrats very often here either. The tit-for-tat shit is overrated. Everyone has their side, and that's the way it is.

Attempting to hold others accountable to unreasonable rules that you yourself don't follow isn't conducive to honest debate.

Guess you don't look around very much if you honestly claim I don't defend liberals and ridicule conservatives when each deserve as well. I mean I'll be happy to post links to me calling Mr fitnah a fool or Yurt a retard or lonestar a loon from just today if you'd like. Or I'd be happy to provide a link to where I defended JIllian, or to where I told Allie she was incorrectly calling Obama a fascist, or to where I gave positive rep to several lefties today............. Well you get the point.

And why shouldn't each side be fairer to the other? You LIKE the division and nastiness that have been in America for the last 10 years? I think you really do.

Are you kidding?

It's analogous to someone breaking the law.... Sitting in someone elses fucking seat is an ilegal act... Speeding or weaving over the double-yellow is an illegal act...

When you perform an illegal act you can be asked for identfication...

You're wasting your breath, the analogy doesn't make sense to them since they don't accept that being here illegally is in fact illegal.

Most one sided ass kicking since I asked Dem to point out FDR's economic greatness. Way to go Jan!

The owner of the Phoenix Suns basketball team, Robert Sarver, opposes AZ's new immigration laws. Arizona's Governor, Jan Brewer, released the following statement in response to Sarver's criticism of the new law:

"What if the owners of the Suns discovered that hordes of people were sneaking into games without paying? What if they had a good idea who the gate-crashers are, but the ushers and security personnel were not allowed to ask these folks to produce their ticket stubs, thus non-paying attendees couldn't be ejected.

Furthermore, what if Suns' ownership was expected to provide those who sneaked in with complimentary eats and drink? And what if, on those days when a gate-crasher became ill or injured, the Suns had to provide free medical care and shelter?" -Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer

(nand should be nada in my title)

I guess Jan Brewer likes to use hypothetical situations to justify her actions.