Final count-vote-ROMNEY-49%,GINGRICH-30%,SANTORUM-13%,PAUL-6%

That is not the final vote count. Only about a third of the returns are in, but yes, it does appear Romney is going to win big.

wouldnt we have to wait till the voting ends for a final count?

Why? ROMNEY-49%,GINGRICH-30%,SANTORUM-13%,PAUL-6%

Do you think one of the others has a surprise bunch of votes somewhere in Florida?

Because usually for a final vote count to be presented, you have to have all the votes made and counted. It's called logic.

wouldnt we have to wait till the voting ends for a final count?

Do you think one of the others has a surprise bunch of votes somewhere in Florida?

Because usually for a final vote count to be presented, you have to have all the votes made and counted. It's called logic.

We can predict the outcome of almost any race. With Romney ahead by that big a margin, you can predict it with a fair amount of accuracy.

Thoughts,comments,or anything?
ROMNEY will declared winner at 8pm.

DRUDGE REPORT 2012®

With 49% in, it's 48 Romney, 31 Gingrich, 12 Santorum, 7 Go away already Paul.

The Panhandle might screw those numbers a bit more in Newt's favor, but Romney probably has it locked.

A couple of observations-

1) The Establishment will start talking their "inevitability" bullshit again.

2) The way Romney won this will never work against Obama for the following reasons-

a) He won't be able to outspend Obama 5-1.
b) If he lies his ass off like he did here, the media will not only call him on it, but imply that he's racist. If they are in a particularly malicious mood that day, they'll remind everyone his cult didn't let black folks in until 1978.
c) The media will decry the negative tone of his campaign, and watch the crocadile tears flow.

3) Romney has won the battle and lost the war. He's so alienated Gingrich's supporters at this point that enough of them probably won't show up in November. Worse, his numbers amongst independents has tanked.

We can predict the outcome of almost any race. With Romney ahead by that big a margin, you can predict it with a fair amount of accuracy.

Dewey wins!

3) Romney has won the battle and lost the war. He's so alienated Gingrich's supporters at this point that enough of them probably won't show up in November.

The same was being said about Obama and Hillary in 2008.

Don't worry. The doublethink will kick in after the primaries and everyone will line up to vote for the nominee, whoever it is.

We've always been at war with Eastasia.

b) If he lies his ass off like he did here, the media will not only call him on it, but imply that he's racist. If they are in a particularly malicious mood that day, they'll remind everyone his cult didn't let black folks in until 1978.

We could remind everyone that Newt's cult didn't allow Jews into their country clubs until about the same time. And I don't think we want to get into the racial policies prevalent in Newt's Georgia, either.

Jesus, the hypocrisy here is really fucking ripe.

Last edited:

We could remind everyone that Newt's cult didn't allow Jews into their country clubs until about the same time. And I don't think we want to get into the racial policies prevalent in Newt's Georgia, either.

Ummm, which cult is that, since Newt has changed religion about three times?

I'm not even sure religions are really in the "country club" business... or how Newt was responsible for the racial policies of George when he was a teenager.

But I was talking about a Mittens vs. Barry matchup. Mittens got away with this shit because the media hates Newt and were willing to let slide lies about the ethics charges he was cleared on or his criticisms of Reagan.

Mittens will never get away with that shit with Barry. In fact, he'll get slapped down so hard the first time he tries it he'll probably curl up in the corner like a whipped dog.

So it looks like Santorum has to drop out. Paul is just too stupid to drop out

Super Tuesday is coming up.......Romney will wrap thongs up in a couple more weeks

Yep. It appears that Romney is going to win Florida. Long way to go before he wins the GOP nod to run against Obama for President. I hope that doesn't happen. I would much rather Newt win. In the long run, I'm banking on Newt.

67% counted
MR - 46.9%
NG - 31.6%
RS - 13.2%
RP - 6.9%

Phew!
What a fascinating contest!!!
I love Merkin politics.

Forum List

Back