Final Bush Numbers Reported

And oil was $2 and on his watch $4.

Hi stupid,

did you know that when Bush left office Oil was at about $1.75 per gallon.

And I saw the math on a site, i'll try to research it...when Bush took office Gas was around 1.45 a gallon national average....when he left office it was around 1.75...however if you take into effect inflation, the 1.75 a gallon today was worth something like $1.38 back then.

So really gas was lowered under Bush's watch

Perfect example of fuzzy math.

I don't give a rats ass what it is now. It is what it is now because the oil companies feared the Democratic government would do something about their speculative gouging.

Fact is, they raped us for a good year and then some @ $4 a gallon.

That had just about as much to do with the crashed economy as anything.

Which is why you don't let the "free market" decide.

That gives the oil companies too much power. Gas is a necessity. Sure you can choose not to drive, but EVERYONE can't choose to do that. So basically, it is a necessity.

And they don't make oil. They pump it out of federal land. So since this isn't a "free market" product, they should be heavily regulated.

Oh yea, they were, then the GOP deregulated them

AND ACTUALLY LET OIL MEN WRITE POLICY.

You are wrong again. But keep trying.

blah blah bklah

if you don't give a rats ass what its at now...THEN WHY THE FUCK DID YOU BRING IT UP TO BEGIN WITH TO TRY AND DEMEAN HIM YOU RETARD.

don't go hop on your period because I proved you wrong on your stupid statement

Unemployment, January 2001: 4.2%

Unemployment, January 2009: 7.2%

Stock Market, January 2001: 10,600

Stock Market, January 2009: 8,400

Jobs Created Under two terms of Clinton: 22 Million new jobs

Jobs Created Under two terms of Bush: 3 Million new jobs

Did you hear healthcare costs went up 191% on Bush's watch?

And a surplus when he came in and a debt when he left.

A working army when he came in, a broken army now.

You can have all those other points, but don't discredit our servicemen and women, ok?

And it isn't "army" - it is military. American military, made up of branches of service, of which the Army is one.

Feel free to be partisan, but try to maintain the respect of those serving to protect your right to be so.

Thank you.

I don't discredit or blame the military for anything. I blame idiots like you who voted for the GOP. Especially in 2004. Did you vote for Bush in 2004?

This thread highlights a really strange thing I've noticed... dead horse beating.

Who's winning here?

Not the beater.

Not the audience.

Certainly not the horse.

Who doesn't know a bunch of people think Bush sucks? I mean, is there ANYONE that doesn't know this? He's out of office and can't be re-elected to anything. What's the point? Are liberals just trying to make sure everyone knows how angry they are?

You've got the presidency.

You've got the congress.

You're pissed off.

Got it.

I think its news when a president posts the worst economic performance in a century. On a par with herbert hoover. That's astonishing.

Also, I don't recall for the last 8 years republicans agreeing with me that bush was a horrible president. I spent the last eight years saying bush was going to be a horrible president, and republicans overwhelming shouted me down, told me I was wrong, told me the economy was pretty darn good, and bush wasn't that horrible.

To this day, I often see republicans rush into his defense on message boards. So, I can't say I agree that its a moot point, and that everyone agrees bush was an astonishingly bad president.

I didn't say everyone agreed. I said "Who doesn't know a bunch of people think Bush sucks?". Is there anyone left to convince?

Its the ones who say they dont like him yet insist on following the same insane policies that got us into this mess.

That is what the R congressmembers want us to do.

Bush sure was an asshole trying to regulate the GSE, so the damages of fanie and freddy have brought to this country could be minimized or not happened at all.

O well, I guess barney was right tho...read my sig

Freddy and Fanny crashed the world economy? Poor people have this power? Wow! Liar. :eusa_liar:

Or, believer in bullshit. :cuckoo:

the housing market is the core of thr problem you fucking idiot.

When you had trillions in mortgages being sold to banks to put on the market as securities and they were being "guaranteed" by government entities like fannie and freddy and they the securities turn to shit....

that is the core of the economic meltdown that has happened, you idiot

Hi stupid,

And I saw the math on a site, i'll try to research it...when Bush took office Gas was around 1.45 a gallon national average....when he left office it was around 1.75...however if you take into effect inflation, the 1.75 a gallon today was worth something like $1.38 back then.

I don't give a rats ass what it is now. It is what it is now because the oil companies feared the Democratic government would do something about their speculative gouging.

That gives the oil companies too much power. Gas is a necessity. Sure you can choose not to drive, but EVERYONE can't choose to do that. So basically, it is a necessity.

And they don't make oil. They pump it out of federal land. So since this isn't a "free market" product, they should be heavily regulated.

blah blah bklah

if you don't give a rats ass what its at now...THEN WHY THE FUCK DID YOU BRING IT UP TO BEGIN WITH TO TRY AND DEMEAN HIM YOU RETARD.

I don't give a fuck where it is now because I know why it went back down.

And I know the GOP is to blame for it going up to $4. They protected the oil companies and allowed them to do it.

And so why don't you go blame the oil prices on Freddy mack too stupid ****. LOL.

You can have all those other points, but don't discredit our servicemen and women, ok?

And it isn't "army" - it is military. American military, made up of branches of service, of which the Army is one.

Feel free to be partisan, but try to maintain the respect of those serving to protect your right to be so.

Thank you.

I don't discredit or blame the military for anything. I blame idiots like you who voted for the GOP. Especially in 2004. Did you vote for Bush in 2004?

Actually no - but that fact has no bearing on my intelligence or lack thereof.

If you wish to state concerns over the Iraq War - on that we would find much agreement.

As to our military being "broken", we shall part ways.

Our military is an essential component in what allows you to make the questionable commentary you choose to share with all others on a public forum.

While I may find your commentary lacking tact, true insight, or overall quality, I very much appreciate your right to share it.

yes, it went up ebcause of supply and demand and went down because of it as well...It will go up again soon on this simple basic economic foundation.

Try taking a class on economics before you speak with adults

Bush sure was an asshole trying to regulate the GSE, so the damages of fanie and freddy have brought to this country could be minimized or not happened at all.

O well, I guess barney was right tho...read my sig

Freddy and Fanny crashed the world economy? Poor people have this power? Wow! Liar. :eusa_liar:

When you had trillions in mortgages being sold to banks to put on the market as securities and they were being "guaranteed" by government entities like fannie and freddy and they the securities turn to shit....

No stupid, jobs are the core problem.

The banks got bailed out. So not only do they get to keep the good loans, they got $350 billion for the bad ones. Are you really this stupid?

Ponder that over the weekend you fucking moron.

yes, it went up ebcause of supply and demand and went down because of it as well...It will go up again soon on this simple basic economic foundation.

Try taking a class on economics before you speak with adults

No. What you are saying has been disproven.

S&D would have maybe raised prices 20 cents. Not $2 a gallon shit head. LOL.

Have a good weekend. I have to go home now.

This thread highlights a really strange thing I've noticed... dead horse beating.

Who's winning here?

Not the beater.

Not the audience.

Certainly not the horse.

Who doesn't know a bunch of people think Bush sucks? I mean, is there ANYONE that doesn't know this? He's out of office and can't be re-elected to anything. What's the point? Are liberals just trying to make sure everyone knows how angry they are?

You've got the presidency.

You've got the congress.

You're pissed off.

Got it.

I think its news when a president posts the worst economic performance in a century. On a par with herbert hoover. That's astonishing.

Also, I don't recall for the last 8 years republicans agreeing with me that bush was a horrible president. I spent the last eight years saying bush was going to be a horrible president, and republicans overwhelming shouted me down, told me I was wrong, told me the economy was pretty darn good, and bush wasn't that horrible.

To this day, I often see republicans rush into his defense on message boards. So, I can't say I agree that its a moot point, and that everyone agrees bush was an astonishingly bad president.

I didn't say everyone agreed. I said "Who doesn't know a bunch of people think Bush sucks?".

Is there anyone left to convince?

I'm not out to convince anyone.

But, I think the answer to your question is, yes. Yes, there are people who will never admit bush was horrible. Many republicans rush to his defense whenever there is criticism of him. Many republicans still try to make excuses for him, or divert blame elsewhere.

It would be cool if some republicans just apologized for nominating him twice, voting for him twice, and defending his honor for eight years. I've yet to hear a conservative admit I was right about bush! :eusa_angel::lol:

I didn't say everyone agreed. I said "Who doesn't know a bunch of people think Bush sucks?".

Is there anyone left to convince?

I'm not out to convince anyone.

But, I think the answer to your question is, yes. Yes, there are people who will never admit bush was horrible. Many republicans rush to his defense whenever there is criticism of him. Many republicans still try to make excuses for him, or divert blame elsewhere.

It would be cool if some republicans just apologized for nominating him twice, voting for him twice, and defending his honor for eight years. I've yet to hear a conservative admit I was right about bush! :eusa_angel::lol:

True enough - just as some Democrats do the same for Carter.

Bush - particular his 2nd term, was as damaging to the Conservative Movement in this country as anything the Democrat Party could have dreamed up in the darkest vats of their collective liberal basements...

Unemployment, January 2001: 4.2%

Unemployment, January 2009: 7.2%

Stock Market, January 2001: 10,600

Stock Market, January 2009: 8,400

Jobs Created Under two terms of Clinton: 22 Million new jobs

Jobs Created Under two terms of Bush: 3 Million new jobs

Thank you.

Hey......Fuckhead.......lemmie 'splain something to ya......

First, either (a) you're not in the military, and haven't got the slightest fucking idea of what you're speaking of when you say the military isn't broken, as well as saying that it is, somehow is a discredit to the people serving in uniform, (b) a ring knocker (for you civvies, that means academy grad), or (c) a ring knocker wanna be.

Did you hear about the government not allowing soldiers to wear Dragon Armor, yet the CIA and VIP guards did? How about the fact that our soldiers were scrounging metal from scrap heaps to up armor their vehicles?

Wanna talk about Halliburton killing our troops by electrocuting them in showers?

Yeah.....the military IS broken, and Bush Jr. and his idiot puppet master Cheney are the causes. However, because my fellow brothers and sisters in arms are good at what they do, they are going to make it through, and we'll be better for it (after of course, we get the shit fixed).

"We the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have now done so much for so long with so little, that we are now qualified to do anything with nothing."

And for the record douchebag Sinatra the Shithead.....I'm a 20 year retired vet.

Any questions?

Thank you.

First, either (a) you're not in the military, and haven't got the slightest fucking idea of what you're speaking of when you say the military isn't broken, as well as saying that it is, somehow is a discredit to the people serving in uniform, (b) a ring knocker (for you civvies, that means academy grad), or (c) a ring knocker wanna be.

Did you hear about the government not allowing soldiers to wear Dragon Armor, yet the CIA and VIP guards did? How about the fact that our soldiers were scrounging metal from scrap heaps to up armor their vehicles?

Wanna talk about Halliburton killing our troops by electrocuting them in showers?

Yeah.....the military IS broken, and Bush Jr. and his idiot puppet master Cheney are the causes. However, because my fellow brothers and sisters in arms are good at what they do, they are going to make it through, and we'll be better for it (after of course, we get the shit fixed).

"We the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have now done so much for so long with so little, that we are now qualified to do anything with nothing."

And for the record douchebag Sinatra the Shithead.....I'm a 20 year retired vet.

Any questions?

Thank you for your service.

I lost my older brother during his second tour in Iraq, August 6th, 2005. Three of the man he served with wrote to our family and remarked at how well he represented himself during his service to his country. Each of those three returned by choice to Iraq to, as they put it, "finish the job we started." To them, and their own families, I say thank you each and every day.

In his honor, my youngest brother, upon graduating from the University of Washington with a degree in Criminal Justice, is now active duty in Iraq. I spoke with him two days ago and he states the nation is transforming before his eyes and he feels so blessed to be a part of it. He wears our older brother's ring as a constant reminder of the sacrifice he and our family have made, and our determination to best represent the ideals of our nation as best we know how.

I am sorry you choose to represent yourself with such language, but that choice is indeed yours - a choice defended with the sacrifice and honor of those who have, and continue, to serve.

Thank you again for your own service ABK...

Last edited:

Thank you.

Any questions?

I lost my older brother during his second tour in Iraq, August 6th, 2005. Three of the man he served with wrote to our family and remarked at how well he represented himself during his service to his country. Each of those three returned by choice to Iraq to, as they put it, "finish the job we started." To them, and their own families, I say thank you each and every day.

In his honor, my youngest brother, upon graduating from the University of Washington with a degree in Criminal Justice, is now active duty in Iraq. I spoke with him two days ago and he states the nation is transforming before his eyes and he feels so blessed to be a part of it. He wears our older brother's ring as a constant reminder of the sacrifice he and our family have made, and our determination to best represent the ideals of our nation as best we know how.

I am sorry you choose to represent yourself with such language, but that choice is indeed yours - a choice defended with the sacrifice and honor of those who have, and continue, to serve.

It's ABS, not ABK. People I like can call me Squid (which is what I'm best known as here in Amarillo).

But........with the experiences that you've laid down, as well as the things that have happened to your friends and family, you've gotta admit one thing.......

The Bush admin broke our military.

They did it by repeated tours in Iraq (some have gone as high as 5 tours), as well as being underfunded, under supplied, limited ammo, as well as non-armored Humvees.

But.....the VIP guards, as well as the CIA and the Blackwater pricks DID get all that. They also had Dragon Armor (which will keep you alive even if you lay on a grenade).

Kinda sucked also that Cher and her friends had to buy helmet liners for the troops.

Sorry, I stand by my statement......the military was broken by Bush Jr.

And the vets ain't doing too well either........remember Halliburton and Walter Reed Hospital?

Any questions?

It's ABS, not ABK. People I like can call me Squid (which is what I'm best known as here in Amarillo).

But........with the experiences that you've laid down, as well as the things that have happened to your friends and family, you've gotta admit one thing.......

They did it by repeated tours in Iraq (some have gone as high as 5 tours), as well as being underfunded, under supplied, limited ammo, as well as non-armored Humvees.

But.....the VIP guards, as well as the CIA and the Blackwater pricks DID get all that. They also had Dragon Armor (which will keep you alive even if you lay on a grenade).

Kinda sucked also that Cher and her friends had to buy helmet liners for the troops.

And the vets ain't doing too well either........remember Halliburton and Walter Reed Hospital?

I appreciate the improvement in your tone.

I simply take exception to your use of "broke" when describing our military.

Stretched - challenged, overworked, and so often taken for granted, yes - but BROKE.

No.

The men and women who serve in the United States military ARE the United States and as such, ARE NOT BROKEN.

My brother is not broken. His fellow soldiers are not broken.

My oldest brother's sacrifice is not broken. It has purpose. It has pride. And yes, a great deal of pain for those who lost him - but also an understanding that we are a nation built upon the example of such sacrifice, such suffering, such purpose. At our best we stand for something that is the envy of the world - and those who have served in our military make up that something.

Thank you again for you service - and I truly mean that.

No stupid, jobs are the core problem.

The banks got bailed out. So not only do they get to keep the good loans, they got $350 billion for the bad ones. Are you really this stupid?

Ponder that over the weekend you fucking moron.

jobs aren't the core of the problem you moron. Unemployment was low before all of this happened. If you can't realize that the housing market is the core of the economic mess we are in then you are a fuckign retard and having a convo with you would be like speaking to the grapefruit at the supermarket.

Ponder that while you are giving your weekend blowjobs out

Any questions?

And Clinton destroyed it during my enlistment... and I will stand by that statement

He is one of the main reasons I did not make a career of it

Hi stupid,

blah blah bklah

Nice! :clap2:

I just KNEW I could count on a few dead enders, willing to rush in and defend Bush to the hilt!

Yo, Dude! "Demean him"? You're actually worried about someone "demeaning" a dude you and fellow cons now allege you could barely stomach voting for? "Demean him"? Yo, dude you sound like you're defending a girlfriend from criticism, or something!

Forum List

Back