Filmmaker Who Targeted ACORN Arrested in Alleged Senate Phone Scheme

you seem incapable of explaining how

Read my post before this. And I'm not going to condemn anyone because I haven't seen you condemn a damn person back then or now who condemned ACORN when the videos came out.

i'm not surprised you can't explain why i was "wrong"....

nor am i surprised you're a hypocrite and refuse to condemn those who are convicting the guys here....

Now you are defending felons.

This turnip is the typical white racist Republican who has no respect for American ideals.

Im a defense attorney. I defend felons everyday. Everyone is entitled to a defense. William Ayers bombed the Pentagon. He won his case on a technicality and he is a close associate with the President.

So please, dont pretend this guy has hurt conservatism. And dont pretend that if he was a liberal you wouldnt be defending him. We know how you are Chris.

Now, since we still know next to nothing about the case, I presume we wait for more facts before we start the execution. Unlike the people he caught, there is no video of him committing a crime that we know about.

Finally, how on earth is this an example of a typical white racist Republican with no respect for American ideals? How is he typical? How is he racist? (Wait, I forgot that your definition of racist is Republican). We dont know what he was doing there. Maybe he was seeking the truth. He does try to expose people. But i guess exposing corruption isnt American? Maybe he was seeking fame. Again is seeking fame not American? He broke the law, yeah, but the President of the United States has admitted to breaking the law as well. So what?

If he committed a crime, he will be punished. Heck, he already is being punished. But if not, then he will be found not guilty. But either way he is still a human being and has a right to be defended. And that is very American.

Well ironically enough, the praise he got from the ACORN video probably bolstered his streak of trying to find the scoop which resulted in him trying to tap the phone of a U.S. Senator. Even on one's worst day, you have to know that's not a good idea.

Im not sure he was trying to tap the phone. The information they've released is pretty sketchy, but yes it is pretty ironic.

Even more ironic, this might bolster his career. Some may see his willingness to go to jail to "get the truth out" to make him more credible in exposing people.

NEW ORLEANS – A hero of conservatives who bruised the liberal group ACORN by posing as a pimp on hidden camera is now accused in an attempt to tamper with phone lines at Democratic U.S. Sen. Mary Landrieu's office inside a federal building.

It's not clear what James O'Keefe, 25, and three other young conservatives were trying to accomplish Monday at the New Orleans office of Landrieu, who has been criticized for securing more Medicaid benefits for her state in exchange for her support on health care legislation.

State Democrats quickly called the alleged plot a "Louisiana Watergate," but federal officials have not yet said why the men wanted to interfere with Landrieu's phones, whether they were successful, or even if the goal was political espionage.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100127/ap_on_re_us/us_senator_s_office_arrests;_ylt=AmArJPqLNTOd8bCLJPU9ha1vzwcF;_ylu=X3oDMTJzNjUybmp0BGFzc2V0A2FwLzIwMTAwMTI3L3VzX3NlbmF0b3Jfc19vZmZpY2VfYXJyZXN0cwRjcG9zAzEEcG9zAzIEc2VjA3luX3RvcF9zdG9yeQRzbGsDNG1lbmFjY3VzZWRv

Now you are defending felons.

This turnip is the typical white racist Republican who has no respect for American ideals.

Im a defense attorney. I defend felons everyday. Everyone is entitled to a defense. William Ayers bombed the Pentagon. He won his case on a technicality and he is a close associate with the President.

So please, dont pretend this guy has hurt conservatism. And dont pretend that if he was a liberal you wouldnt be defending him. We know how you are Chris.

Now, since we still know next to nothing about the case, I presume we wait for more facts before we start the execution. Unlike the people he caught, there is no video of him committing a crime that we know about.

Finally, how on earth is this an example of a typical white racist Republican with no respect for American ideals? How is he typical? How is he racist? (Wait, I forgot that your definition of racist is Republican). We dont know what he was doing there. Maybe he was seeking the truth. He does try to expose people. But i guess exposing corruption isnt American? Maybe he was seeking fame. Again is seeking fame not American? He broke the law, yeah, but the President of the United States has admitted to breaking the law as well. So what?

If he committed a crime, he will be punished. Heck, he already is being punished. But if not, then he will be found not guilty. But either way he is still a human being and has a right to be defended. And that is very American.

More lies...

William Ayers is not a "close associate with the President."

Ayers was appointed to an education board by a Republican.

Obama served on the same board. Not close at all.

No, this redneck peckerwood is the typical Republican. He is interviewed on FoxNews and praised as a hero. In fact he is a low life dirty trickster like Karl Rove or G. Gordon Liddy.

As I suspected, zero evidence that they're affiliated with any political party, let alone the GOP.

Shameless hack.

Dude, he's already affiliated w/ the GOP. The only thing that remains to be seen is was he the only one who concocted this scheme or were there others.

he actually bugged her line? or is your thread title false?

whatever he was doing, it was stupid....

From the article, it appears that they were pretty much caught in the act of bugging her office.

More lies...

No, this redneck peckerwood is the typical Republican. He is interviewed on FoxNews and praised as a hero. In fact he is a low life dirty trickster like Karl Rove or G. Gordon Liddy.

Still in denial I see. Most people dont start political campaigns in a complete strangers house. But whatever, you missed the point entirely, or you are just refusing to address it. No problem. Ill just assume that since you arent going to address the substance of my post, that you are conceding that im correct.

Remember the right wing guy who pretended to be a pimp along with a girl who pretended to be a prostitute in their scam to get ACORN in trouble?

Well now he's been arrested for trying to bug Senator Mary Landrieu's phones.

An official close to the investigation said one of the four was arrested with a listening device in a car blocks from the senator's offices. He spoke on condition of anonymity because that information was not included in official arresting documents.

According to the FBI affidavit, Flanagan and Basel entered the federal building at 500 Poydras Street on Monday about 11 a.m., dressed as telephone company employees, wearing jeans, fluorescent green vests, tool belts and hard hats. When they arrived at Landrieu's 10th-floor office, O'Keefe was already in the office and had told a staffer he was waiting for someone to arrive.

When Flanagan and Basel entered the office, they told the staffer they were there to fix phone problems. At that time, the staffer, referred to only as Witness 1 in the affidavit, observed O'Keefe positioning his cell phone in his hand to videotape the operation. O'Keefe later admitted to agents that he recorded the event.

After being asked, the staffer gave Basel access to the main phone at the reception desk. The staffer told investigators that Basel manipulated the handset. He also tried to call the main office phone using his cell phone, and said the main line wasn't working. Flanagan did the same.

They then told the staffer they needed to perform repair work on the main phone system and asked where the telephone closet was located. The staffer showed the men to the main General Services Administration office on the 10th floor, and Flanagan and Basel went in. There, a GSA employee asked for the men's credentials. They said they left them in their vehicle.

The U.S. Marshal's Service apprehended all four men shortly thereafter.

ACORN 'gotcha' man arrested in attempt to tamper with Mary Landrieu's office phones | Louisiana Politics & Government - - Louisiana Politics | State Legislature News - NOLA.com

More lies...

Still in denial I see. Most people dont start political campaigns in a complete strangers house. But whatever, you missed the point entirely, or you are just refusing to address it. No problem. Ill just assume that since you arent going to address the substance of my post, that you are conceding that im correct.

Nice try, but you failed.

There is a big gap between being close to someone and not being complete strangers.

I wouldn't hire you as my attorney.

You make a poor case.

James O'Keefe was a right wing hero for his theatrics regarding Acorn. Look at him now.

And of course you loathe him and want to see him punished for exposing them.

Man, some of you people are fucking sick.

No, I for one would like him punished for trying to bug a US Senator's phone.
Phoney bastard, he wasn't even charged with it.

Add yourself to the sick fuck list.

People like you are why nobody wants to expose corruption, if they expose it on someone else's side you get this cheering on of blood lust.

People like you are why nobody wants to expose corruption, if they expose it on someone else's side you get this cheering on of blood lust.

Horseshit.

Political dirty tricks are the stock and trade of the Republican Party.

Check out this book... How to Rig an Election

How to Rig an Election:Convicted Phone-Jammer Tells All - ABC News

What? Are you kidding? You consider a guy who pretends to be a pimp to play a gotcha on ACORN a hero and when he gets caught bugging a Senator's phone you call it punishment?

Wowieeeeeee.

Forum List

Back