Filibuster

BobGuercio

Rookie
Jun 5, 2012
Hi All,

Why don't we no longer see genuine filibusters in the Senate?

As I see it, the threat of a filibuster would not necessarily lead to a filibuster but the Senate never gets past the threat before moving on to other business!

Thanks in advance,
Bob

Hi All,

As I see it, the threat of a filibuster would not necessarily lead to a filibuster but the Senate never gets past the threat before moving on to other business!

Thanks in advance,
Bob

I would like see them come back where a case had to actually be made for obstruction rather than the routine unexplained foregone conclusion it has become.

I would like see them come back where a case had to actually be made for obstruction rather than the routine unexplained foregone conclusion it has become.

I would too! But there has to be some history how they went from real filibustering to where they are now?

Bob

Hi All,

Thanks in advance,
Bob

I would very much like to know the story behind "pseudo" filibusters. Is there someplace else on this forum where I should be posting these questions.

Thanks,
Bob

Forum List

Back