File an indecency complaint against ABC for 'f' word and 's' word

freeandfun1 said:
are you frigg'n serious? If so, I have lost a bit of respect. Sorry, but that is the way it was and you can't sugar coat it. Period.

I don't at all disagree with "the way it was" - but the "way it was" doesn't need to be shown, as is, during PRIME TIME....

-Cp said:
File a formal complaint against ABC for airing indecent language during the November 11 ABC movie, Saving Private Ryan.

http://www.onemilliondads.com/TakeAction.asp?id=177

Yesterday I was reading posts of protest, because abc considered not showing the movie for its violent and I presume indecent content and now you are complaining that it wasnt censored.

I really do find it odd that you found the language indecent......not the brutal and probably realistic battle scenes?

-Cp said:
I don't at all disagree with "the way it was" - but the "way it was" doesn't need to be shown, as is, during PRIME TIME....

I see it as education and the context of the use of the words is inline with reality. So I do not support your position. Sorry.

sagegirl said:
Yesterday I was reading posts of protest, because abc considered not showing the movie for its violent and I presume indecent content and now you are complaining that it wasnt censored.

I really do find it odd that you found the language indecent......not the brutal and probably realistic battle scenes?

Personally, I'm not offended at this movie, its launguage or content - I think what you are all missing here is that by ABC showing this movie in PRIME TIME - UNCUT, it leads the way for other networks to start showing far more lewd content - all during hours in which kids are still awake!

-Cp said:
Personally, I'm not offended at this movie, its launguage or content - I think what you are all missing here is that by ABC showing this movie in PRIME TIME - UNCUT, it leads the way for other networks to start showing far more lewd content - all during hours in which kids are still awake!

No it doesn't. There is a such thing as "context". JMHO

tvs have an off swith for a reason........why is that people think that this is a scene out of a clock work orange where the guy has his eyes pinned open and has to watch / listen to violence, sex, foul language

then people wil argue that little kids can see it because it is in prime time ...then i will ask waht are your kids doing watching tv without you supervision

manu1959 said:
tvs have an off swith for a reason........why is that people think that this is a scene out of a clock work orange where the guy has his eyes pinned open and has to watch / listen to violence, sex, foul language

then people wil argue that little kids can see it because it is in prime time ...then i will ask waht are your kids doing watching tv without you supervision

I still think you're entirely missing the point...

-Cp said:

told ya....parents to lazy to parent to ensure that their children make appropriate decissions....and to lazy to prevent them from making bad decissions

the news is primetime and they show dead bodies, murders, rapes, crime, adulty every night....has anyone ever seen a news cast that was positive about anything?

cops is prime time.....americas most wanted is prime time....there are worse things on tv than men fighting and dieing on a beach saying fuck and being shot in the head.........i say make you child watch private ryan so they can understand why they have what they have and why the should appreciate life

-Cp said:
I still think you're entirely missing the point...

am i missing it because i disagree with you or am i missing it because you have not made it clear what the point is?

I would tape it. I think the point he's trying to make is that it should be shown at midnight, when you would be watching, had you taped it - right?

Said1 said:
I would tape it. I think the point he's trying to make is that it should be shown at midnight, when you would be watching, had you taped it - right?

We understand what he means, but we disagree with him. That is America.

If the language was not used in a historical context, I would agree. But this was not just a movie to entertain, it was a movie that, in a way, documented what actually happened during WWII. In my opinion, it is acceptable. But then again, that is just MY opinion and probably doesn't mean much beyond that. He has his opinion and we have ours. Just like there were some during that last election that did not agree with his opinion.

It is not like we were watching Chris Rock or somebody giving an hour long monologue that used the "F" word over and over.

manu1959 said:
am i missing it because i disagree with you or am i missing it because you have not made it clear what the point is?

What I'm saying is this - not sure how to make it anymore clear:

1. I like Saving Private Ryan, it's a great move
2. I'm all for films like this capturing the "raw emotion" of WWII
3. I'm even up for it being shown "un-cut" on network television

However:

4. I'm NOT for it being shown during PRIME TIME - should be on late-night TV.
5. This paves the way for other networks to start showing far more indecent movies during prime time.
6. It paves the way for sitcoms to become more crass than they already are.

In conclusion, it's not the uncut-version of Saving Private Ryan I'm against. What bothers me is the time-slot it was shown in, and how it opens a slippery slope for far worse television programming.

freeandfun1 said:
We understand what he means, but we disagree with him. That is America.

If the language was not used in a historical context, I would agree. But this was not just a movie to entertain, it was a movie that, in a way, documented what actually happened during WWII. In my opinion, it is acceptable. But then again, that is just MY opinion and probably doesn't mean much beyond that. He has his opinion and we have ours. Just like there were some during that last election that did not agree with his opinion.

It is not like we were watching Chris Rock or somebody giving an hour long monologue that used the "F" word over and over.

I agree with you, and also realize not everyone has kids who may see and hear that sort of thing. You can't please everyone, but you can tape it and watch it later.

BTW, I work with kids, explaining things is like a nervous twitch, I really have no control over it. :)

-Cp said:
What I'm saying is this - not sure how to make it anymore clear:

1. I like Saving Private Ryan, it's a great move
2. I'm all for films like this capturing the "raw emotion" of WWII
3. I'm even up for it being shown "un-cut" on network television

However:

4. I'm NOT for it being shown during PRIME TIME - should be on late-night TV.
5. This paves the way for other networks to start showing far more indecent movies during prime time.
6. It paves the way for sitcoms to become more crass than they already are.

In conclusion, it's not the uncut-version of Saving Private Ryan I'm against. What bothers me is the time-slot it was shown in, and how it opens a slippery slope for far worse television programming.

sorry didn't miss your point....that is always the argument....poor little unsupervised eyes and general moral decline in the morality of TV programs....all i can say is that horse left the barn years ago....and i still say the nightly network news is the most offensive programme on telvision....and finally, let them show whatever they want i can either turn it off or change the channel

Forum List

Back