~Fights In The Streets~

Dabs

~Unpredictable~
May 13, 2011
~Tennessee~
If you saw a fight taking place in your neighborhood, or maybe a neighborhood you happen to be driving or walking thru, what would your reaction be??
Would you be inclined to help??
Or would you stop and watch??
Or would you just drive and continue to make your way home??

If you saw a fight taking place in your neighborhood, or maybe a neighborhood you happen to be driving or walking thru, what would your reaction be??

Depends. Most likely I'd stop to get a feel on what was going on. Shit like the McD's attack...I'd be in there dragging those girls off the guy/girl.
Last night I found that anger adenaline is really good for forgetting about painful joints. :lol:

That really depends on who was involved in the fight and what they appeared to be fighting over. I would definitely be calling the authorities. The question would be whether I would stop and interject myself into the event.

If it were a couple of ole drunks going at it, I would probably do nothing.
But I hate fighting and violence....and if it were some men fighting, or a gang of people beating on one person, I would definitely phone the police as fast as I could...but I wouldn't stop, cause I wouldn't want to get hurt myself~
But, if it were a woman getting hit by one man, I would be more likely to try and help her...and if I ever saw a parent or guardian hitting on a child, I would certainly step in then, even if I ended up getting my ass kicked~

Dabs, one of the things I have to concern myself with is the fact that most of the time I'm out, I'm armed. I'm carrying at least pepper spray, and most of the time a knife and handgun as well. That means I have to really be sure of what I'm doing to whom before I step into a situation like that.

Though I agree, a guy or a bunch of guys beating up on a woman is likely to get my full attention very quickly. The parent issue would largely depend on how severe the assault seemed to be. I'm a strong believer in corporal punishment and had it used on me in my own youth to great affect.

Dabs, one of the things I have to concern myself with is the fact that most of the time I'm out, I'm armed. I'm carrying at least pepper spray, and most of the time a knife and handgun as well. That means I have to really be sure of what I'm doing to whom before I step into a situation like that.

Though I agree, a guy or a bunch of guys beating up on a woman is likely to get my full attention very quickly. The parent issue would largely depend on how severe the assault seemed to be. I'm a strong believer in corporal punishment and had it used on me in my own youth to great affect.

Thank you for your reply, and I understand about you being armed (I think)....but I understand what you were explaining about when to become involved.
I know the situation would depend on several things, to each person~
As for your corporal punishment remark, I'm against that and I shall tell you why.
I was raised by a man I called Dad, but he was my SF (step-father), my real Dad left when I was 2.
My SF beat me, literally.
I was abused physically, mentally and emotionally....from the time I was 4 till the time I was almost 15.
He didn't believe in just swatting my ass with his hand...no...he used belts, 2x4s, tree limbs, leather straps, his fists, his hands, items he could get his hands on quickly...he abused my Mother too~
There wasn't a day that went by that I wasn't trying to hide a bruise or a cut or a blood welt....something...it was absolutely a horrible ordeal~
So when I had children, it was impossible for me to 'whip' them or spank them, I couldn't do it.
I wasn't about to put any kind of mark on their bodies...I wasn't going to be labeled an abuser...I was afraid to spank my own children.
But, all turned out well...they aren't spoiled rotten brats, they are very good adult children.

Thank you for your reply, and I understand about you being armed (I think)....but I understand what you were explaining about when to become involved. I know the situation would depend on several things, to each person.

As someone who comes to an altercation armed, my legal responsibilities are considerably more than someone who simply shows up with their fists and their mind. Those responsibilities and the potential consequences multiply exponentially if I bring any of those tools into play. Drawing a gun or knife in public almost assures you will be charged with "attempted murder", whether you actually use it or not. It's a heavy weight to carry and something that requires a lot of forethought and consideration.

As for your corporal punishment remark, I'm against that and I shall tell you why.......

So when I had children, it was impossible for me to 'whip' them or spank them, I couldn't do it. I wasn't about to put any kind of mark on their bodies...I wasn't going to be labeled an abuser...I was afraid to spank my own children. But, all turned out well...they aren't spoiled rotten brats, they are very good adult children.

Dabs, there's a difference between discipline and abuse. What you endured was the latter, and what I dealt with was the former. I can understand why your experience would have led you to an unwillingness to utilize corporal punishment with your own children, and I congratulate you on raising them to be good people without it. For some of us, that would not have been possible. Without that physical discipline in my life, who knows what sort of trouble I would have been in and where I might be today.

It depends if I know any of the people involved or not, you have to be real careful about stepping into situations like this because you are involving yourself in someone elses dispute, I have been in a few fights in the streets myself and sometimes people getting involved just makes things even more confusing and dangerous.

But I hate fighting and violence....and if it were some men fighting, or a gang of people beating on one person, I would definitely phone the police as fast as I could...but I wouldn't stop, cause I wouldn't want to get hurt myself~
But, if it were a woman getting hit by one man, I would be more likely to try and help her...and if I ever saw a parent or guardian hitting on a child, I would certainly step in then, even if I ended up getting my ass kicked~

I would ask around and see who was taking the bets and put $20.00 on who ever I thought would win.

I would ask around and see who was taking the bets and put $20.00 on who ever I thought would win.

Would you put the money on a Mexican before an American?

Would you put the money on a Mexican before an American?

Depends on the American . Most white folks pack heat though so I would hurry and bet on the white guy.

Depends on the American . Most white folks pack heat though so I would hurry and bet on the white guy.

But Mexicans use cellphones to call their gang to help them beat up on white guys and crippled senior citizens.

Thats why white and old and especially old white folks pack heat.

The women usually use their purses to smack Mexicans in the mouth. Then the Mexicans run away to file a complaint with LA RAZA.

I can tell you from person experience 99.99% of the population, especially if there's a LOT of people around, won't do damned thing.

Loaded question.
A bunch of kids fighting? Yep I would try to stop it.
Fair fight between adults? Nope
A fight btween adults where one was getting viciously beat, maybe, tough call in a hypo.
Bunch of gangbanger (or anyone with weapons)? Nope I would call the police.
Adult(s) hurting children? Without a doubt help!
A man hurting a woman? Without a doubt!
Drunks fighting eachother? I would grab some popcorn and watch!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back