Fighting over Knuckleheads...

Lumpy 1

Diamond Member
Jun 19, 2009
You ever get the feeling that no matter who's in charge in Washington, we're screwed?

Soooo what's the answer, how do we get these buffoons working for us again?

I'd say, first thing would be to cut their privileges so they have to live with the same laws we do....

You ever get the feeling that no matter who's in charge in Washington, we're screwed?

I'd say, first thing would be to cut their privileges so they have to live with the same laws we do....

Problem!!!!!

They would have to vote on that.

An Honest attorney General would go a long way.

I've known that most of my life.

When were they ever "working for us"?

Far be it from me to defend Congress, but there are very few laws that don't apply to members of Congress and do apply to everyone else. They already have to live with the same laws we do.

The only exception is the "insider trading" thing, which is mostly nonsense anyway.

They would work for us......if we would do our job and vote in our own best interests.

Well when you have a voter base that wants their politicians to favor the rich and most capitalist of our society, then you shouldn't expect leaders that want to stand by the people as a whole.

Maybe we should just strip them of most of their power and rely on ourselves.

Maybe we should just strip them of most of their power and rely on ourselves.

You say that and yet you still want America to remain a superpower. The thing that makes us powerful in the world are our powerful government organizations and military that act as a buffer and conduit to the outside world.

Far be it from me to defend Congress, but there are very few laws that don't apply to members of Congress and do apply to everyone else. They already have to live with the same laws we do.

The only exception is the "insider trading" thing, which is mostly nonsense anyway.

Okay smart Guy...I'm not in the mood to argue..

When you're talking privileges, these Government folks take care of themselves pretty well.
You think cutting their benefits might give them some motivation?

btw..you're certainly welcome to come up with some ideas to get them on the right track.

(heck.. I might get the opportunity to pick on You also...:lol:)

When you're talking privileges, these Government folks take care of themselves pretty well.
Possibly. But how do you expect to get 535 people to vote to give themselves less benefits?

btw..you're certainly welcome to come up with some ideas to get them on the right track.
I have no answers. For all intents and purposes, I think we're screwed, and have been since the beginning.

You say you're not in the mood to argue (which I certainly understand, but then wonder why you're posting on a message board now). Right now, I'm in a pretty nihilistic mood.

But of course, I would expect no less.:D

Possibly. But how do you expect to get 535 people to vote to give themselves less benefits?

I have no answers. For all intents and purposes, I think we're screwed, and have been since the beginning.

You say you're not in the mood to argue (which I certainly understand, but then wonder why you're posting on a message board now). Right now, I'm in a pretty nihilistic mood.

You're in this mood..?...sheesh...

I don't think I'm smart enough to be in this mood..:lol:

Nihilism (play /ˈnaɪ.ɨlɪzəm/ or /ˈniː.ɨlɪzəm/; from the Latin nihil, nothing) is the philosophical doctrine suggesting the negation of one or more putatively meaningful aspects of life. Most commonly, nihilism is presented in the form of existential nihilism which argues that life is without objective meaning, purpose, or intrinsic value.[1] Moral nihilists assert that morality does not inherently exist, and that any established moral values are abstractly contrived. Nihilism can also take epistemological, metaphysical, or ontological forms, meaning respectively that, in some aspect, knowledge is not possible, or that contrary to popular belief, some aspect of reality does not exist as such.

The term nihilism is sometimes used in association with anomie to explain the general mood of despair at a perceived pointlessness of existence that one may develop upon realizing there are no necessary norms, rules, or laws.[2] Movements such as Futurism and deconstruction,[3] among others, have been identified by commentators as "nihilistic" at various times in various contexts.

Nihilism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Public financing of elections. If we expect them to listen to us, we're going to have to foot the bill.

Well when you have a voter base that wants their politicians to favor the rich and most capitalist of our society, then you shouldn't expect leaders that want to stand by the people as a whole.

I feel like kicking a Cowman...just sayin..

You're in this mood..?...sheesh...

I don't think I'm smart enough to be in this mood..:lol:

Nihilism (play /ˈnaɪ.ɨlɪzəm/ or /ˈniː.ɨlɪzəm/; from the Latin nihil, nothing) is the philosophical doctrine suggesting the negation of one or more putatively meaningful aspects of life. Most commonly, nihilism is presented in the form of existential nihilism which argues that life is without objective meaning, purpose, or intrinsic value.[1] Moral nihilists assert that morality does not inherently exist, and that any established moral values are abstractly contrived. Nihilism can also take epistemological, metaphysical, or ontological forms, meaning respectively that, in some aspect, knowledge is not possible, or that contrary to popular belief, some aspect of reality does not exist as such.

The term nihilism is sometimes used in association with anomie to explain the general mood of despair at a perceived pointlessness of existence that one may develop upon realizing there are no necessary norms, rules, or laws.[2] Movements such as Futurism and deconstruction,[3] among others, have been identified by commentators as "nihilistic" at various times in various contexts.

Nihilism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I should have qualified that as Political Nihilism.

Does politics always have to be the natives fighting among themselves, with... not the whole truths.. and ...it's never panned out yet dreams, that their political side would solve the problems?

I'm thinking the problem is Washington mostly... really, how do we get Washington working for what we elected them for?.. no matter the Party affiliation..

Last edited:

It's true though. So many people want what's best for our industries and big businesses and... well let's just face reality here, profit is king above all.

When you have a political system that is dependent upon gathering the most money possible to fund a campaign, you find a lot of strange bedfellows.

I agree with Konrad.... Public funding of elections. I can't help but feel that even with the cost of funding the campaign process, we will end up saving taxpayer money.

It's true though. So many people want what's best for our industries and big businesses and... well let's just face reality here, profit is king above all.

Legally earned profit is king but you can't keep changing the rules, taking away the motivations and expect industry to survive, really, why bother..?

Many of my clients have closed or sold their businesses sayin.."Screw it, it's just not worth the hassle anymore". ..and these Guys & Gals cared about their employees and wanted what was best for them..... but the government kept screwing them over..

Granted .. I live in California.. a lost liberal Utopian State...

Excellent! How did they get away with that, anyway?

Excellent! How did they get away with that, anyway?

ah.. I got away with something and didn't even realize it.. that just sucks...:lol:

Forum List

Back