Fighting in the shadows

Munin

VIP Member
Dec 5, 2008
I wonder if any of you guys know what Dick Cheney and Donald Rumsfeld ment with "fighting in the shadows"? (mentioned in the Afghan - Iraq documentary below)

I m thinking it ment using private companies to wage war, as they can be used without interference of press and supervision of a big part of the government. They seem to be the attack dogs of the CIA and the white house

Blackwater critic
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngKg_HWSpC4&feature=related]Blackwater: The Rise Of The World's Most Powerful Mercenary Army - YouTube[/ame]

Afghan-Iraq documentary
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6gS8...feature=relmfu[/ame]

Last edited:
Or does it more refer to CIA intelligence effort of the interogation of terrorists in countries where they were tortured (allied nations like Egypt/... whose armies are funded by the US)?

October 29, 2005 - Dick Cheney at Warner Robins AFB, GA.
In an afternoon speech, he thanked camouflage-attired troops and their families for their sacrifices in the war on terrorism.

"It is tough and it is dangerous to fight enemies who dwell in the shadows," Cheney said.

October 7, 2001 - Donald Rumsfeld Cairo Egypt
To fight in the shadows, get better eyes. Whether in Afghanistan next week, or around the world for years to come, it's not going to be a cruise missile or a bomber that is going to be the determining factor,'' Secretary Rumsfeld said. ''It's going to be a scrap of information.''

I wonder if any of you guys know what Dick Cheney and Donald Rumsfeld ment with "fighting in the shadows"? (mentioned in the Afghan - Iraq documentary below)

I m thinking it ment using private companies to wage war, as they can be used without interference of press and supervision of a big part of the government. They seem to be the attack dogs of the CIA and the white house

Don't forget a wide net of various "fund", "organisations" and "societies" for the spread/monitoring/advancement/etc. of "democracy and human rights" that was created by CIA and the State Department to finance subversive groups and organisations in target countries. They prepare the ground for military involvement and the "attack dogs" you mentioned.

? Why does this go into the conspiracy section ?

Seems like the mod made a mistake, the topic is only about something mentioned by Dick Cheney & Donald Rumsfeld ( Fighting in the shadows ) and clearifying what it ment

Jeez, will lefties ever stop whining? Nobody seemed concerned when JFK and his quirky brother raised a little army, trained, equipped and fed by the CIA and then abandoned them at the Bay of Pigs and nobody complained about Bobby Kennedy's "exploding cigar" diplomacy. Apparently there is a long standing international agreement that prohibits the assassination of foreign enemies. Barry Hussein found a way around it by putting the Navy Seals under the CIA so the US couldn't be accused of using the Military to kill foreign enemies. When drone planes kill US citizens in a foreign country you can't pin it on the US Military. It's some robotic entitity that nobody is responsible for. Lame isn't it, but that's how left wing democrats work. It makes "Blackwater" look like child's play.

Forum List

Back