Fighting for the Soul of Iran

Adam's Apple

Apr 25, 2004
Quite an interesting interview.

Fighting For the Soul of Iran
By Jamie Glazov, Front Page Magazine
December 06, 2007

Frontpage Interview’s guest today is Amil Imani, a pro-democracy activist who advocates regime change in Iran. He was born in Tehran into a Muslim family and moved to the United States during the Islamic Revolution. An American citizen, Mr. Imani is a columnist, poet, literary translator, novelist, essayist, and political analyst. He is a regular contributor to The New Media Journal, American Thinker, Faith Freedom International and the popular Iranian online magazine, Iranian.co

http://www.frontpagemagazine.com/Articles/Read.aspx?GUID=FC3E3A2D-7B61-4485-977D-E7BBCC549684

The people of IRAN are very much capable on their OWN to make a regime change. They've always been passionate about their politics. They don't need American bombs and soldiers to make that happen.

I really like this particular statement from this so-called Iranian Muslim:

Iran’s ruling Mullahs are clustered around major factions such as the conservatives, the moderates, and the so-called reformists. Yet, the differences among these factions are tactical rather than strategic. One and all share the same overarching goal of defeating the “Crusader-Zionists” by any and all methods possible, bringing about the “end of the world” Armageddon, and thereby creating the requisite conditions for the appearance of the Hidden Imam, the Mahdi, to assume his rule of the world.

Does this guy have any source for that, or is he willing to admit that it's just his opined belief?

I think anyone with half a brain would be able to realize that, right now, Iran is more concerned with maintaining their own continued existence in the face of threats of annihiliation from the US and Israel, than some fairy-tale religious-based world domination plot.

This kind of propaganda is why millions of people die in wars.

The people of IRAN are very much capable on their OWN to make a regime change. They've always been passionate about their politics. They don't need American bombs and soldiers to make that happen.

I really like this particular statement from this so-called Iranian Muslim:

Does this guy have any source for that, or is he willing to admit that it's just his opined belief?

I think anyone with half a brain would be able to realize that, right now, Iran is more concerned with maintaining their own continued existence in the face of threats of annihiliation from the US and Israel, than some fairy-tale religious-based world domination plot.

This kind of propaganda is why millions of people die in wars.

You are right re that statement. It is just opinionated rhetoric with nothing to back it up. Typical right-wing warmonger statement. If all the mullahs believe the same, why were the reformist mullahs defeated in the last election and chastised heavily for their beliefs....

Oh, IRAN, I read some of the stuff about no alcohol, religious police, no dancing and thought it was Saudi Arabia. There's a lot of invading to be done to fix all these things. And when Islam is sorted I suppose we can all boot out Mugabe next eh?

You are right re that statement. It is just opinionated rhetoric with nothing to back it up. Typical right-wing warmonger statement. If all the mullahs believe the same, why were the reformist mullahs defeated in the last election and chastised heavily for their beliefs....

Ummmmm... Just wondering how his statement's right. I don't recall Israel ever threatening to destroy Iran. Bush, well... we all know what his and Cheney's verbiage has been. But the Israel comment was just another one of his anti-Israel spewings, IMO.

Ummmmm... Just wondering how his statement's right. I don't recall Israel ever threatening to destroy Iran. Bush, well... we all know what his and Cheney's verbiage has been. But the Israel comment was just another one of his anti-Israel spewings, IMO.

When was the last time Israel threaten a neighbor, unprovoked?

When was the last time Israel threaten a neighbor, unprovoked?

THAT sure is the loophole, isn't it? Don't throw a rock at me or I might have to bring out some tanks.

I take it you gals don't read jpost.com. Did israels proxy war disappointment over the last iranian nuke estimate make you hum the statefarm insurance theme song?

I assume you are referring to the strike at the facility in Syria? Why do you think Syria buried that site? Why would they do that?

not especially..

No, Kath, Im talking about any ole rock throwin that returns a nice 'dozer reaction. You know, subjugating an entire people due to the actions of the drastic minority.

As for Syria? I've said it before. If I were a muslim nation in close proximity to a nuclear israel and all of it's darling perks i'd want nukes too. Does it really take a mastermind to see the ridiculous nature of israels reactions to being "provoked"?

phosphorus weapon in Lebanon ring a bell, just for starters?

not especially..

No, Kath, Im talking about any ole rock throwin that returns a nice 'dozer reaction. You know, subjugating an entire people due to the actions of the drastic minority.

As for Syria? I've said it before. If I were a muslim nation in close proximity to a nuclear israel and all of it's darling perks i'd want nukes too. Does it really take a mastermind to see the ridiculous nature of israels reactions to being "provoked"?

phosphorus weapon in Lebanon ring a bell, just for starters?

are you referring to Rachel Corrie? Or these kind of "rocks?"

The people of IRAN are very much capable on their OWN to make a regime change. They’ve always been passionate about their politics. They don’t need American bombs and soldiers to make that happen.

If the Iranian people are so capable of bringing about regime change on their own without outside help, why hasn’t this occurred? All reports I’ve read state that a majority of Iranians, especially the young, the intellectuals, and the professional class, abhor their current government. Why hasn’t such a large majority (estimated as high as 85%) been able to overthrow the mullahs during their almost 30-year reign?

Does this guy have any source for that, or is he willing to admit that it’s just his opined belief?

You must be joking, or you don’t keep up with the news to any great extent. What Imani says in your highlighted paragraph regarding defeating the "Crusader-Zionists" has been in the news for at least the last five years or so. Here are some dicey comments from the Mullah’s mouthpieces that make pretty clear their intent.

Hezbollah Leader Nasrallah: "Let the entire world hear me. Our hostility to the Great Satan is absolute. …Regardless of how the world has changed after 11 September, "Death to America" will remain our reverberating and powerful slogan…" (Aired On Beirut Al-Manar Television, 9/27/02)

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad: "Undoubtedly, I say that this slogan and goal is achievable, and with the support and power of God, we will soon experience a world without the United States and Zionism and will breathe in the brilliant time of Islamic sovereignty over today's world." (www.sharifnews.com, Accessed 10/26/05)

Ahmadinejad: "Open your eyes and see the fate of Pharaoh…the Portuguese Empire…the British Empire. … I am telling you [major powers], if you do not abandon the path of falsehood and return to the path of justice (as totally defined by the mullahs, of course), your doomed destiny will be annihilation, misfortune and abjectness." (Aired On Islamic Republic Of Iran News Network Television (IRINN), 6/21/06)

Ahmadinejad: "The anger of Muslims may reach an explosion point soon. If such a day comes, they [Western governments] should know that the waves of the blast will not remain within the boundaries of our region and will engulf the corrupt powers that support this fake regime too." (Aired On Tehran Islamic Republic Of Iran News Network Television (IRINN), 7/11/06)

Ahmadinejad: "And you, for your part, if you would like to have good relations with the Iranian nation in the future, recognize the Iranian nation's right. Recognize the Iranian nation's greatness. And bow down before the greatness of the Iranian nation and surrender. If you don't accept [to do this], the Iranian nation will later force you to surrender and bow down." (Aired On Tehran Islamic Republic Of Iran News Network Television (IRINN), 8/15/06)

Do a little Googling. I am sure you will come up with scores more just like the above.

His record? LOL. That’s a smokescreen, because they are panicking over his theocracy.

Yes, his record. If you have any proof that Krauthammer and Lowry are “panicking” over Huckabee’s theocracy, then post this proof to validate your allegations.

are you referring to Rachel Corrie? Or these kind of "rocks?"

Thankfully, because a drastic minority of pals launch rockets we can brand ALL pals killers. Yes, this is a great example. I tellya, nothing says justice quite like an israeli bulldozer, eh? it's how ALL the security agencies should respond to criminal behaviour!

and I've already stated an example in the PHosphorus weapons launched against CIVILIAN POPULATIONS in the last skirmish that got israels panties in a wad. Why do you avoid responding to that?

Israel admits phosphorus bombing
Israel has for the first time admitted it used controversial phosphorus shells during fighting against Hezbollah in Lebanon in July and August.

Israel had previously said the weapons were used only to mark targets.

The Geneva Conventions ban the use of white phosphorus as an incendiary weapon against civilian populations and in air attacks against military forces in civilian areas.

Lebanese President Emile Lahoud said in late July: "According to the Geneva Convention, when they use phosphorus bombs and laser bombs, is that allowed against civilians and children?"
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/6075408.stm

Israel admits using phosphorus bombs during war in Lebanon

Edery did not specify where and against what types of targets phosphorus munitions were used. During the war several foreign media outlets reported that Lebanese civilians carried injuries characteristic of attacks with phosphorus, a substance that burns when it comes to contact with air. In one CNN report, a casualty with serious burns was seen lying in a South Lebanon hospital.

In another case, Dr. Hussein Hamud al-Shel, who works at Dar al-Amal hospital in Ba'albek, said that he had received three corpses "entirely shriveled with black-green skin," a phenomenon characteristic of phosphorus injuries.

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/777549.html

And, just so we can clear the air about the capacity of jews to hate as much as anyone else:

Hebron settlers filmed throwing rocks at Palestinians

(VIDEO) Just two months after shocking footage of settler cursing Palestinian in Hebron revealed, yet another video shows settler children throwing rocks at Palestinian homes. Muhammad Abu Aisha: 'I yelled to the soldiers and policemen standing 70 feet away but they pretended they couldn't see'

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3373865,00.html

Thankfully, because a drastic minority of pals launch rockets we can brand ALL pals killers. Yes, this is a great example. I tellya, nothing says justice quite like an israeli bulldozer, eh? it's how ALL the security agencies should respond to criminal behaviour!

and I've already stated an example in the PHosphorus weapons launched against CIVILIAN POPULATIONS in the last skirmish that got israels panties in a wad. Why do you avoid responding to that?

Israel admits phosphorus bombing
Israel has for the first time admitted it used controversial phosphorus shells during fighting against Hezbollah in Lebanon in July and August.

Israel had previously said the weapons were used only to mark targets.

The Geneva Conventions ban the use of white phosphorus as an incendiary weapon against civilian populations and in air attacks against military forces in civilian areas.

Lebanese President Emile Lahoud said in late July: "According to the Geneva Convention, when they use phosphorus bombs and laser bombs, is that allowed against civilians and children?"
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/6075408.stm

Israel admits using phosphorus bombs during war in Lebanon

Edery did not specify where and against what types of targets phosphorus munitions were used. During the war several foreign media outlets reported that Lebanese civilians carried injuries characteristic of attacks with phosphorus, a substance that burns when it comes to contact with air. In one CNN report, a casualty with serious burns was seen lying in a South Lebanon hospital.

In another case, Dr. Hussein Hamud al-Shel, who works at Dar al-Amal hospital in Ba'albek, said that he had received three corpses "entirely shriveled with black-green skin," a phenomenon characteristic of phosphorus injuries.

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/777549.html

And, just so we can clear the air about the capacity of jews to hate as much as anyone else:

Hebron settlers filmed throwing rocks at Palestinians

(VIDEO) Just two months after shocking footage of settler cursing Palestinian in Hebron revealed, yet another video shows settler children throwing rocks at Palestinian homes. Muhammad Abu Aisha: 'I yelled to the soldiers and policemen standing 70 feet away but they pretended they couldn't see'

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3373865,00.html
Fine Jews want to kill their enemy too. So that makes them the same, not different. Not more or less special. They too have a right to a homeland.

quote me where I've ever suggested otherwise.

However, AUTOMATICALLY assuming that isreal is somehow innocent at every damn corner despite the evidence is no more vile than a white south letting emmet tills killers go just because they can rationalize killing a negro for luring at a white woman. THIS is the clear hint that you probably are not being objective about the conflict. Why do you only shrug your shoulders and go into rationalization mode when it's ISRAEL with it's hands in the cookie jar? Why is it easy to shrug off cutting off a pals hand for the same cookie jar desire?

have yo noticed that in all of these threads regarding israel and palestine that IM the only one bothering to post sources instead of relying on bullshit rhetoric and a team jersey? Why do you think that is?

just for clarification, If I were to walk into the GOP primary and nullify your presidential nominee in 08 for any one of a laundry list of reason how much faith would you have in our Democratic process? praytell.

Forum List

Back