Fighting for Every Texas Delegate

Discussion in 'Congress' started by Gunny, Apr 1, 2008.

1. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25,250
    It's not about comfort level with "facts". It's about the persistence of defamatory comments by the right when the right demands "proof" of even things that have been proven over and over and over and over and over....

I'm still waiting for the outrage on the right that Cheney created his energy policy behind closed doors with oil company lobbyists or the other myriad corrupt actions taken by this admin.

So yes, I'd say worry about your own house first. Because, ultimately, whatever Obama's relationships, they're a lot healthier and less corrupt than the ones this admin has had with oil company lobbyists, Haliburton, corporations and the wealthy.

I hope that clarifies. Nothing personal, I'm just bored to tears with the phony self-righteousness of the right..,.. when it comes to the people with whom they disagree, of course.

2. Ravi

Ravi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +36,244
    Like Bush screwed Gore in Florida?

3. BrianH

BrianH Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +238
    This goes to show that our entire election system is jacked up. When candidates can "screw" (No pun intended) each other over, that's not popular sovereignty. Now I know our election system is, unfortunately not based on the popular vote (sorry to spill the beans on our government), but it should be more so than delegates and how exactly the states decide they want to split up or not split up their votes. I believe that states should be able to have their own system for voting, but when one state doesn't split up it's votes at all, but gives them all to the guy with the most votes (%40) and another stands splits theirs up equally, that's not fair on a national level.

Blunt: Bush has been denounced several times by many Texans, oh that's right....you don't live here (have you ever been?) so you havn't a clue. I'm sure we'll here one of your famous "comebacks" now...like, "Thanks for apologizing, I accept." or "Thanks for the attention." What a lune. I'm just waiting for you to unleash the real "cutdowns" like , "I'm rubber and you're glue..." and "My dad's bigger than your dad," or "You're not coming to my birthday party!" Go get an education and come back after college.