Fighting For A Better Wisconsin...

paulitician

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2011
Unions/Democrats really should reconsider their 'Party before Country' agenda. It's turning more & more voters off. Walker really has been effective at turning Wisconsin around. This Recall Election could backfire bigtime on Unions/Democrats.

Tim Phillips...

In Hudson, Wisconsin this morning, local tea party leader Annette Olsen said it best, “The Madison unions thought they could just intimidate us. They thought wrong. Now, they have to fight on the issues and it’s not working out for them.”

Annette was right. Over the past year in Wisconsin the government unions were bombastic and bullying as they pursued a vendetta against Governor Scott Walker. They used their raw anger about losing their privileged status coupled with name calling and class-warfare rhetoric to whip up resentment against Governor Walker and the courageous leaders who helped pass the historic budget reforms.

As I’ve traveled across Wisconsin, I’ve found that the vendetta from the government unions is no longer wearing well. Instead, Wisconsinites are considering whether or not the budget reforms passed by Governor Walker are making their lives better. And, we’re finding that the answer is a steady “yes” from Milwaukee to Wausau to La Crosse and all over the state.

It’s easy to see why: Walker’s reforms have wiped out a $3.6 billion budget deficit while actually creating a $154 million surplus. By making government workers contribute a small amount to their benefits — just like in the private sector — millions of taxpayer dollars have been saved in every city across the state.

Moreover, for the first time in 12 years, local property taxes have gone down for families and businesses. In fact, every Wisconsin citizen can now go to ISaveWithAct10.com and see just how much money they’ve saved. I proudly thank the Dane County Tea Party for the hard work they’ve done to create this, right in the belly of the beast in Madison.

Most important — and inconvenient for the left — has been the recent news that Governor Walker’s reforms have helped create an atmosphere where over 23,000 private sector jobs have been created. All these successes are due to the leadership in Wisconsin because without these reforms, Wisconsin would be drowning in debt, unemployment, high taxes and low educational standards.

Yesterday, a reporter for the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel asked me if Governor Walker is going to be a national Republican leader after the recall on Tuesday. I told him, “No, he’s not going to be a national leader after the recall. Governor Walker is already a national leader.”

Read more: Scott Walker | Fighting for a better Wisconsin | The Daily Caller

I have to say that it looks to me like both sides have backed themselves into ideological corners and neither is showing much willingness to work with the other side. Little cooperation or compromise, which tells me we're going to have to suffer through a major depression before we get a paradigm shift.

I have to say that it looks to me like both sides have backed themselves into ideological corners and neither is showing much willingness to work with the other side. Little cooperation or compromise, which tells me we're going to have to suffer through a major depression before we get a paradigm shift.

Public Union glory days are long gone. And obviously that upsets them and Democrats greatly. But they did it to themselves. The Taxpayers have had enough of their greed & arrogance. Time to turn the page. In my opinion, all Public Unions should be abolished.

Public Union glory days are long gone. And obviously that upsets them and Democrats greatly. But they did it to themselves. The Taxpayers have had enough of their greed & arrogance. Time to turn the page. In my opinion, all Public Unions should be abolished.

Don't know about "abolished", but I do think their collective bargaining should be eliminated. IMHO, their wages and benefits ought to be tied to some what the state or national averages are for inflation or wages, or perhaps in some alignment with what similar jobs get in the private sector. A public sector employee has a lot more job security, which oughta be worth something. They shouldn't be paid more than the private sector too, or get better bennies.

Don't know about "abolished", but I do think their collective bargaining should be eliminated. IMHO, their wages and benefits ought to be tied to some what the state or national averages are for inflation or wages, or perhaps in some alignment with what similar jobs get in the private sector. A public sector employee has a lot more job security, which oughta be worth something. They shouldn't be paid more than the private sector too, or get better bennies.

Public Unions could be thriving right now. But they did themselves in. Once it became about greed and getting Democrats elected, they lost the common sense thinking Taxpayer. They should have gone the course of more compromise and less Democratic Party control. They would be in a much better position today if they had. But now the Taxpayers have had enough. Their time has passed.

Public Unions could be thriving right now. But they did themselves in. Once it became about greed and getting Democrats elected, they lost the common sense thinking Taxpayer. They should have gone the course of more compromise and less Democratic Party control. They would be in a much better position today if they had. But now the Taxpayers have had enough. Their time has passed.

The unions served their purpose and fulfilled their goal years ago. Like any liberal organization, they don't call it a day and move on, they look for something else to conquer. The unions went from fair wages and better working conditions to wanting to support liberals to change the country. The average worker might not embrace those goals, but had no say. In order to work and ensure themselves a fair deal, they ended up paying their dues to support a political agenda. That was never in the deal. It's not surprising that union memberships have dropped.

Actually, through the force of intimidation and the ability to sit on both sides of the negotiation table, the unions have told the taxpayers time and again that they were not going to compromise. After so many years, the taxpayers have decided that they too, will not be compromising.

I say, bully for them.

The time to keep compromising with people who refuse to do so.....is over.

The power and influence of labor in this country has been declining for over 30 years.

What has gotten better? Is the middle class better off? Are there more better paying jobs out there? Is it easier or harder for the average family to live on one income. Has the fiscal situation of your state and local governments gotten better?

What has ANYONE gained by the slow destruction of unionism in this country? Where, specifically,

have things gotten better?

The power and influence of labor in this country has been declining for over 30 years.

What has gotten better? Is the middle class better off? Are there more better paying jobs out there? Is it easier or harder for the average family to live on one income. Has the fiscal situation of your state and local governments gotten better?

What has ANYONE gained by the slow destruction of unionism in this country? Where, specifically,

have things gotten better?

Well, go work in the Private Sector. I'm flexible as far as Private Sector Unions go. But Public Sector Unions are all done. They screwed the Taxpayers long enough. It's over. Time to turn the page.

This thread is about public unions, which never should've had bargaining rights in the first place. The power that the public unions have politically with the same politicians who write laws that control hiring and pay raises and benefits at the taxpayers expense is immoral IMHO.

Forum List

Back