Fighting Blind in Iraq

-=d=- said:
Translation:

"I have tons of back-copies of DU.com's 'talking points' from which to spout."

You aren't fooling anyone. Would you prefer me to lay the proverbial smack down? What good would it do? You're clinically insane anyway; twood be a waste of bandwidth.

Don't hold back dude! Go for it! :D

gop_jeff said:
One should not divide one's forces, unless one has such overwhelming superiority that one can afford to. And we do. So we did. And lo and behold, we won both wars and are winning the peace.
So where's Osama? Why is the death rate in Iraq getting higher not lower? How come the Taliban is back in Afghanistan and the war lords are taking over the government? I can't believe you are serious!

-=d=- said:
Translation:

"I have tons of back-copies of DU.com's 'talking points' from which to spout."

You aren't fooling anyone. Would you prefer me to lay the proverbial smack down? What good would it do? You're clinically insane anyway; twood be a waste of bandwidth.
I'm sorry, I can't find any information about DU.com. How am I fooling you? Just because you are a fool, doesn't mean I did it. Please explain.

mrsx said:
I'm sorry, I can't find any information about DU.com. How am I fooling you? Just because you are a fool, doesn't mean I did it. Please explain.

Uh-

Fooling?

'You 'aren't' fooling anyone'. Aren't means Are Not. Which means the 'opposite' of fooling.

Even your insults are crazy. :)

mrsx said:
So where's Osama?

Don't know. But the US still has troops looking for him, contrary to your ranting.

Why is the death rate in Iraq getting higher not lower?

The death rate from the period from 6/30/04 (Iraqis taking over their own gov't again) to 1/30/05 (elections) is about 3 deaths per day; the death rate since then is about 2 deaths a day (source; compare periods 3 and 4). So the death rate is falling, not rising.

How come the Taliban is back in Afghanistan and the war lords are taking over the government? I can't believe you are serious!

The Taliban never left, but they are far from "taking over the government," like you claim. Even the pro-terror Reuters admits that the Taliban is a nuisance, not a threat.

gop_jeff said:
Don't know. But the US still has troops looking for him, contrary to your ranting
Well then those troops couldn't find stupid at a meeting of the Rush Limbaugh fan club. Everybody knows that we let him get away at Tora Bora and that he is living large in the tribal areas of Pakistan under the protection of our good friend and ally Busharraf.

mrsx said:
Well then those troops couldn't find stupid at a meeting of the Rush Limbaugh fan club. Everybody knows that we let him get away at Tora Bora and that he is living large in the tribal areas of Pakistan under the protection of our good friend and ally Busharraf.

Well, if you think you'd be good at finding OBL, why don't you sign up?

We should have stayed focused on Afghanistan, where we had Osama cornered at Tora Bora.
There is no proof that they ever had him "cornered" in Tora Bora.

From what we have learned since, Saddam was ready to cut a deal for exile. He would have been doubly glad to do so after a U.S. victory in Afghanistan. We could have let him go, put a reform Baathist/exile government in place in Iraq.
I'm sure the Baathists in power and their supporters would really agree to that. :rolleyes:

I don't know how well we're doing in Afghanistan. We didn't capture Bin Laden, they are now the worlds largest supplier of Opium
Bin Laden not captured = failure. Got it.

I thought liberals thought the drug war was a waste of time anyway. I guess they believe in it when they can make the US look bad.

The Taliban never left, but they are far from "taking over the government," like you claim. Even the pro-terror Reuters admits that the Taliban is a nuisance, not a threat.
I'm sure he probably thinks that Reuters is just a tool of the administration. :rolleyes:

tim_duncan2000 said:
I'm sure he probably thinks that Reuters is just a tool of the administration. :rolleyes:

Reuters has been documented to be biased towards terror groups, especially those in Palestine. In fact, their bias is so well known that they have earned the nickname "al-Reuters."

tim_duncan2000 said:
There is no proof that they ever had him "cornered" in Tora Bora.
Check out this link for a concise summary of the indisputable evidence:
http://www.thenation.com/doc.mhtml?i=20050620&c=5&s=bergen
In fact, according to a widely reported background briefing by Pentagon officials in mid-December 2001, there was "reasonable certainty" that bin Laden was at Tora Bora, a judgment based on intercepted radio transmissions. Last year, Luftullah Mashal, a senior official in Afghanistan's Interior Ministry, told me that based on conversations he had had with a Saudi Al Qaeda financier and bin Laden's cook, both of whom were at the battle, bin Laden was indeed at Tora Bora. In June 2003 I met with several US counterterrorism officials, one of whom explained, "We are confident that [bin Laden] was at Tora Bora and disappeared with a small group." And the editor of Al-Quds al-Arabi newspaper, Abdel Bari Atwan, a consistently accurate source of information about Al Qaeda, has reported that bin Laden was wounded in the shoulder at Tora Bora. Indeed, in an audiotape released on Al Jazeera television two years ago, bin Laden recounted his own vivid memories of the Tora Bora battle. "We were about 300 holy warriors. We dug 100 trenches over an area of one square mile, so as to avoid the huge human losses from the [American] bombardment." And last August Al Sharq Al Awsat newspaper published the account of a Moroccan guard of bin Laden's, Abdallah Tabarak, who was also at Tora Bora: "We entered Tora Bora, where we stayed for twenty days. From there, Ayman al-Zawahiri fled.... Afterward, bin Laden fled with his son Muhammad." In short, there is plenty of evidence that bin Laden and hundreds of his followers were at Tora Bora, a fact that undercuts both the Bush Administration's and Curtis's reconstruction of the battle.

gop_jeff said:
Well, if you think you'd be good at finding OBL, why don't you sign up?
Even Bush knows where he is. Problem is: if we go and get him, Pakistan will errupt in civil war and jihadiis will end up with their nuclear arsenal. Meanwhile, as long as OSB is on the loose Pakistan is our "bold ally" and gets whatever it wants in the way of guns, money and diplomatic support against India over Kashmir. As with the Saudis, we are being played for suckers by both ends against the middle. Never send a two-digit IQ president to do a three-digit IQ job.

mrsx said:
Check out this link for a concise summary of the indisputable evidence:
http://www.thenation.com/doc.mhtml?i=20050620&c=5&s=bergen
In fact, according to a widely reported background briefing by Pentagon officials in mid-December 2001, there was "reasonable certainty" that bin Laden was at Tora Bora, a judgment based on intercepted radio transmissions. Last year, Luftullah Mashal, a senior official in Afghanistan's Interior Ministry, told me that based on conversations he had had with a Saudi Al Qaeda financier and bin Laden's cook, both of whom were at the battle, bin Laden was indeed at Tora Bora. In June 2003 I met with several US counterterrorism officials, one of whom explained, "We are confident that [bin Laden] was at Tora Bora and disappeared with a small group." And the editor of Al-Quds al-Arabi newspaper, Abdel Bari Atwan, a consistently accurate source of information about Al Qaeda, has reported that bin Laden was wounded in the shoulder at Tora Bora. Indeed, in an audiotape released on Al Jazeera television two years ago, bin Laden recounted his own vivid memories of the Tora Bora battle. "We were about 300 holy warriors. We dug 100 trenches over an area of one square mile, so as to avoid the huge human losses from the [American] bombardment." And last August Al Sharq Al Awsat newspaper published the account of a Moroccan guard of bin Laden's, Abdallah Tabarak, who was also at Tora Bora: "We entered Tora Bora, where we stayed for twenty days. From there, Ayman al-Zawahiri fled.... Afterward, bin Laden fled with his son Muhammad." In short, there is plenty of evidence that bin Laden and hundreds of his followers were at Tora Bora, a fact that undercuts both the Bush Administration's and Curtis's reconstruction of the battle.

this is the same us intellignece that swore there were WMD's right? so now you belive them?

mrsx said:
Even Bush knows where he is. Problem is: if we go and get him, Pakistan will errupt in civil war and jihadiis will end up with their nuclear arsenal. Meanwhile, as long as OSB is on the loose Pakistan is our "bold ally" and gets whatever it wants in the way of guns, money and diplomatic support against India over Kashmir. As with the Saudis, we are being played for suckers by both ends against the middle. Never send a two-digit IQ president to do a three-digit IQ job.
LOL.... you are a hoot! Ever consider that maybe we may be playing them for suckers..
It fits well with the Evil US imperialist occupier thing, doesn't it?

Mr. P said:
LOL.... you are a hoot! Ever consider that maybe we may be playing them for suckers..

nah we are too dumb for that......remember never argue with an idiot they wil drag you down to their level and beat you with experience...........hey wait a minute....this just might work :thewave:

Mr. P said:
Could you explain how we are playing them for suckers? I admit that possibility had not occured to me.

manu1959 said:
nah we are too dumb for that......remember never argue with an idiot they wil drag you down to their level and beat you with experience...........hey wait a minute....this just might work :thewave:
I thought so too. :teeth:

mrsx said:
You can't give freedom. It has to be taken. The Muslims we are killing don't want our kind of freedom - freedom to do whatever the individual wants. They want the freedom that sets you free - free to follow the Holy Koran. I'm not sure, but I don't think it is the responsibility of our President to sacrifice the lives of our citizens for the presumed welfare of some other country. He takes an oath to protect and defend our Constitution, not to lead others to the light. If Bush had said, "I'm going to get our sons and daughters killed to help our the Arabs," it would have been refreshing and you gung-ho types would have been the first to call for his scalp. You are only singing "Onward, Christian Soldiers" because all the other lies, excuses and rationales for this bloody fantasy have failed. I don't remember hearing you sound so noble over Haiti or Kosovo or Darfur. Could it be that is because they have no oil in those trouble spots?

Iraq is not just soley about freedom for iraqi's, it's also about having removed a dictator that was a threat to us his neighbors and his own people. Bush is not saying he is imposing his brand of freedom upon Iraqis but rather the freedom for them to say what kind of government they choose to have.

Forum List

Back