Fight with Wal-Mart Ends for Jackson Woman with Brain Damage from Crash

CrimsonWhite

*****istrator Emeritus
Mar 13, 2006
Guntucky
JACKSON, Mo. - "It's like the Bible, there's BC and AD. It's before the accident and after the accident. Before is not much memory. Seems like only memories after the accident. It's been a whole different life," said Jim Shank.

It'll be eight years ago this May. Debbie Shank was coming home when she made a U-turn on Highway 177 in Cape Girardeau County and got broadsided by a semi truck. Debbie suffered severe brain damage. To this day she can't walk and only has use of her left hand.

http://www.kfvs12.com/Global/story.asp?S=8086010

Any thoughts?

Any thoughts?

Bad break. But the Company has a responsibility to follow it's laws and by laws. The lawyer for the couple screwed up as far as I am concerned. He should have done more then " we will cross that bridge when we come to it" He should have, for one thing insisted any settlement INCLUDED the responsible company pay back Wal Mart. He did not partly because then he could not claim that money and get paid on it for his fees. And his fees are way to much.

The Lawyer failed the family.

Bad break. But the Company has a responsibility to follow it's laws and by laws. The lawyer for the couple screwed up as far as I am concerned. He should have done more then " we will cross that bridge when we come to it" He should have, for one thing insisted any settlement INCLUDED the responsible company pay back Wal Mart. He did not partly because then he could not claim that money and get paid on it for his fees. And his fees are way to much.

The Lawyer failed the family.

I agree, but Wal-Mart missed a great public image boosting oppurtunity.

I want to know how she got a settlement from the trucking company. If she made U-turn in front of the truck and got hit, how is it the truck's fault?

acludem

I've been to Jackson Mo many times! Beautiful land, lots of rolling hills like the rest of SE Mo. Kinda duelin banjo'ish though. Still, it's a beautiful area. Great fishing locations.

Walmart agreed to settle a mint on her because of the negative publicity.

Who would she have sued if she'd pulled a U-ie in front of a van full of poor kids going to baseball practice?

Forum List

Back