Fidrych killed in accident

del

Diamond Member
Sep 3, 2008
on a one way cul-de-sac
< Back to Front Page Text size – +
Fidrych killed in accident
Email|Link|Comments (65) Posted by Chad Finn, Globe Staff April 13, 2009 05:42 PM

Mark Fidrych, whose aw-shucks charm and colorful on-the-mound antics helped make him a national phenomenon with the Detroit Tigers in 1976, was killed in an accident while working on his dump truck at his Northborough farm. He was 54.

Fidrych, who won 19 games as a rookie in ’76 but had his pitching career abbreviated by injuries, was found dead by his friend Joseph Amorello beneath his 10-wheel truck at about 2:30 p.m. State police detectives are investigating the circumstances of the accident, said Worcester Country District Attorney Joseph D. Early Jr.

sad.

Fidrych killed in accident - Extra Bases - Red Sox blog

Mark the bird. I wonder if Tigerbob knows. Has he been on here today?

I only heard last late last night. That's a real shame. A really great guy according to those I know who met him. I do hope his death was really an accident. It would be sad for some dirt to emerge.

Thanks for the memories, Bird.

• Banned

I only heard last late last night. That's a real shame. A really great guy according to those I know who met him. I do hope his death was really an accident. It would be sad for some dirt to emerge.

i met him a couple of times at charity events. he seemed a genuinely nice guy.
a loss for us all, i'd say.

Forum List

Back