FGM - Mutilation, Cutting, or Nicking?

chanel

Silver Member
Jun 8, 2009
People's Republic of NJ
Last month, the American Academy of Pediatrics jumped right in as a contestant in the race to see who can be the most revolting, all in the name of multiculturalism and their misguided idea of tolerance. They released a policy update on Female Genital Mutilation, in which they first changed the term to Female Genital Cutting and, further, gave credence to the idea of allowing doctors to provide a “clitoral nick” instead.

Obviously, this didn’t sit well with sane people everywhere and, as such, the AAP was forced to retract that policy update and issue a new update. While I am thankful that they retracted the original vile update and it was clearly the right thing to do, the underlying reasons for the original update itself are highly troubling and can’t be swept away as easily as the policy was.

The world must realize that apologizing for evil, violent acts is not embracing diversity. It’s not “seeing both sides” nor being culturally aware. It is embracing insanity and condoning evil

Hot Air AAP Reverses Policy on Genital ?Nicking?

In Australia they call it "nicking". In America, they changed it to "cutting". This blogger calls it "evil". What say you?

(mods - didn't know where the heck to post this...)

And to think we worship doctors in this country. Genital mutilation for girls is okie-dokie with American baby doctors?

O for Christ's sake, what asswipes.................

The practice should be banned by all medical associations around the world. I can think of better things to do to the clitoris than cutting it with a knife.

UN calls for end to female circumcision...
:cool:
UN Calls for End to Female Genital Mutilation Practice in Africa
Monday, February 07, 2011 - Top U.N. officials are calling for an end to female genital mutilation, saying it violates fundamental human rights and endangers the health of 3 million girls who undergo the practice annually.
Anthony Lake, chief of the U.N. Children's Fund, and Babatunde Osotimehin, head of the U.N. Population Fund, called Monday on countries and organizations worldwide to help end the practice.

The officials say more than 6,000 communities in Egypt, Ethiopia, Kenya and Senegal have dropped the practice because of a three-year-old U.N. program.

Female genital mutilation, also known as female circumcision, is the removal of external genitalia to limit sexual activity. It can cause prolonged bleeding, infection, infertility and death.

UN Calls for End to Female Genital Mutilation Practice in Africa | CNSnews.com

Last month, the American Academy of Pediatrics jumped right in as a contestant in the race to see who can be the most revolting, all in the name of multiculturalism and their misguided idea of tolerance. They released a policy update on Female Genital Mutilation, in which they first changed the term to Female Genital Cutting and, further, gave credence to the idea of allowing doctors to provide a “clitoral nick” instead.

Obviously, this didn’t sit well with sane people everywhere and, as such, the AAP was forced to retract that policy update and issue a new update. While I am thankful that they retracted the original vile update and it was clearly the right thing to do, the underlying reasons for the original update itself are highly troubling and can’t be swept away as easily as the policy was.

The world must realize that apologizing for evil, violent acts is not embracing diversity. It’s not “seeing both sides” nor being culturally aware. It is embracing insanity and condoning evil

Hot Air AAP Reverses Policy on Genital ?Nicking?

In Australia they call it "nicking". In America, they changed it to "cutting". This blogger calls it "evil". What say you?

(mods - didn't know where the heck to post this...)

I'll go with evil.

Fuck cultural sensitivity.

Call a spade a spade. The name needs to remain female genital mutilation.

Wait? What happened to that sensitivity of the left? I mean after all it is a societal practice. The left defends Muslims left and right, why not this?

Not that I give a shit, but I dun think this is a religious practice, RGS. I think it's cultural...and any American MD who would do this should lose his license and be sent to prison, IMO.

Was there some reason this got bumped? Was it in the news again?

Not that I give a shit, but I dun think this is a religious practice, RGS. I think it's cultural...and any American MD who would do this should lose his license and be sent to prison, IMO.

So, if it WERE a religious practice that would be different?

Fuck, no. If your religion dictates that you starve your baby, do we allow you to do so? Religious practices that severely harm kids are illegal, RGS, even though people have freedom of religion here.

Fuck, no. If your religion dictates that you starve your baby, do we allow you to do so? Religious practices that severely harm kids are illegal, RGS, even though people have freedom of religion here.

But you have no problem with Islam treating women like property? Denying them the same basic rights as men? If you say you are opposed then you are specifically attacking the religion of peace.

But you have no problem with Islam treating women like property? Denying them the same basic rights as men? If you say you are opposed then you are specifically attacking the religion of peace.

If you are asking me, do I object to the interpersonal relationships between Muslim men and women in the US, yes and no. It is not a religion I would be attracted to, in part for this reason. I am not an especially subservient person and I imagine I would have great difficulty living as an observant Muslim.

The RIGHTS of any American woman are dictated by American law, RGS. If people choose to live in ways that are more conscripted than the law requires to follow the dictates of their faith or morals -- which is pretty much everyone -- that's a personal choice. I'm not happy with certain tenets of various christian sects, either, but as long as no one is engaged in criminal conduct, it really is not my business.

Not that I give a shit, but I dun think this is a religious practice, RGS. I think it's cultural....
In North and East Africa, ritual FGM is practiced by many Christian, Muslim, and Pagan tribes.

It is an ancient custom that predates both Christianity and Islam.

As far as Islam is concerned.

There is nothing in the Quran to support or condone this practice.

Not that I give a shit, but I dun think this is a religious practice, RGS. I think it's cultural....
In North and East Africa, ritual FGM is practiced by many Christian, Muslim, and Pagan tribes.

It is an ancient custom that predates both Christianity and Islam.

As far as Islam is concerned.

There is nothing in the Quran to support or condone this practice.

As I thought. The first time I heard of this abomination, it was a story about African girls.

Forum List

Back