Few Iranians see US favorably, despite Obama

I'm sorry, but your theory makes zero fucking sense. You said you supported a military strike against the civilian population because they would then see how unpopular their government was, just like under Hitler or Hirohito.

Toro, you don't know what you are talking about, hence your confusion.

Both the Nazi and Hirohito governments were EXTREMELY popular, and stayed so until the war was brought to the homeland. Once the destruction began occurring in Germany and Japan, the public realized supporting the murder of OTHER countries' civilians may not have been such a great idea when it was now being done to THEM.

If your theory was correct, then Israel would long ago have changed their government to a pro-Palestinian government because of all the bombs that have gone off in cafes and buses in Israel.

Incorrect, the primary attackers/attacks against israel have been iranian paid-for and driven. Had iran never interfered in the israeli-pal conflict the Oslo accord would have likely held, and the 2 state solution would have been implemented already.

Remember, it was one of iran's proxy army, Hamas, that initiated the first suicide bombing against israel in 1993 - SIX MONTHS after the Declaration of Principles were signed.

Somehow you seem to think that Iranians would act completely differently than Israelis. That makes little sense. All such a strike would do would be to make the regime in Iran more popular not less because people rally around their leaders in a time of war.

Israel according to your statement, Israel responded in Gaza EXACTLY as you say - and pulled out completely of Gaza because of the terrorism against its civilians there. However the situation is not entirely analagous to my larger point about iran since it is not israel who is the aggressor in this conflict, conducting far-flung wars against people who it has no conflict with.

No offense, but I think your polling error wouldn't occur today given improved polling, assuming that the people TAKING the poll structure things legitimately.

More to the point, though, I'd wonder why anyone would think they'd get an honest answer from someone being polled in Iran where the IMAM's could be listening/watching or whatever.

So I take it that when the leftist trash defending the regime trumpets how "wonderful" the 20,000 imprisoned jewish iranian citizens really have it - they always exclaim so when "polled" - that they are just full of shit, right? Fucking hilarious.

what are you talking about and how does it relate to what I said?

and yes, I think anyone polling Jews in Iran about how wonderful life is isn't going to get a straightforward answer.

so if you can turn down the amp, perhaps there's an argument in your comment somewhere?

Yeah, that is pretty lame especially given the fact that the last time I check Iran hasn't actually acted aggressively against anyone.

well, i wouldn't want to see innocent irani civilians die, but I'd say funding the Hezbollah terrorists' strikes on Israel is pretty aggressive.

there's also a happy medium, I'd say, between blowing up a civilian population and doing nothing.

Let's expand your ill-conceived hypothetical situation. Iran's proper response to these attacks would involve using cluster munitions and white phosphorous indiscriminately in downtown Tel Aviv, right? They'd have to be sure to carry on for about a month so that they could kill slightly more than 20 civilians for every one of theirs killed by Israel, right?

Shit, I forgot... collective punishment is only acceptable when it's used by Israel.

collective punishment??? against people sending missiles into Israel and then using their own civilians as shields?

you're pov is warped.

no surprises.

I seriously doubt that his weak drooling and groveling will impress many abroad. If anything they will be waiting for feeding time, at Obama's expense!

God Bless the Obama Revolution!

weak? drooling? amazing the fabrications and self-delusion that comes from the right wingnuts. if it was so weak and sniveling, maybe you could explain why Lebanon gave Hezbollah the heave ho.

And in case you can't follow along... no one sane thinks that islamic fundie terrorists are going to be our buddies. but that's not who the dialogue is directed toward. And if you understood the dynamic in the middle east and the need for the moderate countries like Egypt and Jordan and Lebanon to control their populations, while restoring the balance of power that restrained Iran, you might have understood the reasoning behind the speech.

or is that too subtle for someone who thought a measured speech that was almost universally respected is "drooling" or "weak"?

rhetorical question.

As I wrote right above, please list all of the attacks israel has made against iran in the last 1,000 years, that has compelled iran to wage war against her, including suicide bombings and rocket fire directed exclusively at civilians.
I'm sorry; my comment applied to the hypothetical situation that you presented. I apologize if the first sentence of my post did not make that clear enough. What you described would certainly constitute attacks "directed exclusively at civilians," would it not? What would Iran's proper response be in your situation?

Iran has no business whatsoever interfering and involving itself in the pal-israeli conflict. Iran has murdered hundreds of israeli civilians without justification, and this poll shows widespread iranian public support for a continuation of this unjustifiable war against israel.
And? You'd counter this by dropping bombs on shopping malls? Similar actions against America didn't exactly dissuade us from pursuing interventionism in the Middle East, now did it?

I'd bet you were one of those who protested the "illegal" US war against iraq; are you also as dedicated against iran's illegal and illegally conducted war against israel?
I oppose any targeting of civilians, and I oppose any acts of terrorism and any use of indiscriminate weaponry that may cause "unintended" civilian deaths a la Israel in Gaza. Beyond that, Iran can fund who they'd like.

As I also said above, just like in Jordan, the asshole general population was VERY much in favor of the Al Qaeda in iraq terrorism against iraqi civilians; it wasn't until Zawahiri brought it into Amman in the form of a wedding suicide bombing did these fucks decide maybe terrorism wasn't such a great thing.
And? You believe that this makes terrorism justifiable?

THAT is why I want to bring the war so fiercely to the fucking scumbags in the iranian government - these whores sip coffee in teheranian cafes while ordering terrorism and murder be conducted against israeli civilians.
You specifically mentioned targeting Iranian civilians. Government officials are not civilians, and any advocacy of killing civilians is completely reprehensible and moronic.

You had fucking better believe that I absolutely support full-blown terrorism against Iranian citizens, for it is they who have supported thirty years of terrorism against israel, and have maimed or murdered thousands of israelis - and now Americans in Iraq.
That puts you at al-Qaeda's level. Congratulations.

I seem to recall various and assorted assholes saying the world would love us if only we had Obama as president.

He's cringing all over them...and they still hate us.

Gosh, didn't see that coming...

Poll: Few Iranians see US favorably, despite Obama

"A rare poll of Iranians says that few of them have favorable opinions of the United States, a view that hasn't changed much from before the election of President Barack Obama.
The survey, taken last month, shows that 29 percent of Iranians view the U.S. positively. In February 2008, a similar poll of Iranians showed 34 percent with favorable views of the U.S."

The polls show exactly what I'd expect them to show. Obama's speaches have had the exact oppposite effect than he or his minions believed. Most Iranians see the rhetoric coming out of the WH and America as being more reasonable than from their own leader, and America represented hope for them, less so now, when they fear that our glorious leader will collude with their glorious leader.

Last edited:
collective punishment???
_45378319_gaza_deaths466x316.gif

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5wrwZlwAq8]YouTube - More children among Gaza dead[/ame]

Add to that the blockade that prevents adequate amounts of medical supplies, food, power, etc. into Gaza, and yeah - collective punishment.

against people sending missiles into Israel and then using their own civilians as shields?
Surely you aren't naive enough to buy into the "human shields" nonsense... as if every civilian death can simply be rationalized away by the tactics of Hamas. Even if every Hamas operative surrounded himself with twenty children, that wouldn't even begin to justify Israel's decision to target them anyway, now would it?

you're pov is warped.

no surprises.
I really can't take that accusation seriously coming from you.

Yeah, that is pretty lame especially given the fact that the last time I check Iran hasn't actually acted aggressively against anyone.

well, i wouldn't want to see innocent irani civilians die, but I'd say funding the Hezbollah terrorists' strikes on Israel is pretty aggressive.

there's also a happy medium, I'd say, between blowing up a civilian population and doing nothing.
There is that.

I seem to recall various and assorted assholes saying the world would love us if only we had Obama as president.

Poll: Few Iranians see US favorably, despite Obama

"A rare poll of Iranians says that few of them have favorable opinions of the United States, a view that hasn't changed much from before the election of President Barack Obama.
The survey, taken last month, shows that 29 percent of Iranians view the U.S. positively. In February 2008, a similar poll of Iranians showed 34 percent with favorable views of the U.S."

The polls show exactly what I'd expect them to show. Obama's speaches have had the exact oppposite effect than he or his minions believed. Most Iranians see the rhetoric coming out of the WH and American as being more reasonable than from their own leader, and America represented hope for them, less so now, when they fear that our glorious leader will collude with their glorious leader.

:clap2:

i seem to recall various and assorted assholes saying the world would love us if only we had obama as president.

poll: Few iranians see us favorably, despite obama

"a rare poll of iranians says that few of them have favorable opinions of the united states, a view that hasn't changed much from before the election of president barack obama.
The survey, taken last month, shows that 29 percent of iranians view the u.s. Positively. In february 2008, a similar poll of iranians showed 34 percent with favorable views of the u.s."

the polls show exactly what i'd expect them to show. Obama's speaches have had the exact oppposite effect than he or his minions believed. Most iranians see the rhetoric coming out of the wh and american as being more reasonable than from their own leader, and america represented hope for them, less so now, when they fear that our glorious leader will collude with their glorious leader.

:clap2:

boo!

rhetorical speeches and actual policy changing action are two different things. You motherfuckers are never immediately supportive of benevolent arabs either so, really, who the fuck are any of you to cry about iranians? ESPECIALLY all of you zionist motherfuckers who won't apply the same equality in isreal that your little jewish ass enjoys here in the US. You know who you are and you really can shut the fuck up already about cultures with sand in their vaginas. hell, it's not like we didn't see the same kind of ****** AND WATERMELON video strait from the heart of zionism yesterday anyway.

I'm sorry; my comment applied to the hypothetical situation that you presented. I apologize if the first sentence of my post did not make that clear enough. What you described would certainly constitute attacks "directed exclusively at civilians," would it not? What would Iran's proper response be in your situation?

LOL, iran has ALREADY been "responding", as in attacking israeli civilians without provocation for decades.

And? You'd counter this by dropping bombs on shopping malls? Similar actions against America didn't exactly dissuade us from pursuing interventionism in the Middle East, now did it?

The US had no beef with the Taliban/al qaeda until they attacked us. Iran has been attacking israel for decades, and this poll shows that the iranian public supports these attacks.

I oppose any targeting of civilians, and I oppose any acts of terrorism and any use of indiscriminate weaponry that may cause "unintended" civilian deaths a la Israel in Gaza. Beyond that, Iran can fund who they'd like.

So hezboolah is not terrorist?

And should iran not suffer consequences for this support? Particularly when their soldiers are caught operating in support positions in combat zones?

And? You believe that this makes terrorism justifiable?

I would be responding in kind to those that are conducting terrorism against me.

You specifically mentioned targeting Iranian civilians. Government officials are not civilians, and any advocacy of killing civilians is completely reprehensible and moronic.

You seem to have no problem with iran conducting terrorism against israeli civilians, and iraqi ones.

That puts you at al-Qaeda's level. Congratulations.

I respond to violence with infinitely more violence, until the aggressor ceases. That is how wars are won, and conflicts ended. It isn't surprising that as an arab supporter, you whole-heartedly support violence - except when it is done to arab muslims/iranians in response to their application of broad and indiscriminate violence.

Last edited:
Add to that the blockade that prevents adequate amounts of medical supplies, food, power, etc. into Gaza, and yeah - collective punishment.

First off, you are unwilling to place ANY responsibility on the hamas government for maintaining an untenable, hostile position.

Then you need to explain why israel should lift a blockade and allow hamas to procure more weapons, which will in turn be promptly used against her.

Finally, you need to explain why you absolve Egypt of any responsibility for the blockade when they control the southern border with gaza.

Surely you aren't naive enough to buy into the "human shields" nonsense... as if every civilian death can simply be rationalized away by the tactics of Hamas.

Given that it is well known hamas fires rockets from civilian homes, uses ambulances to move weapons and terrorists, and during the recent January assault, both hid its leadership and conducted attacks from hospitals, this is perfectly legitimate.

Even if every Hamas operative surrounded himself with twenty children, that wouldn't even begin to justify Israel's decision to target them anyway, now would it?

Why not? What has stopped hamas from doing this, and worse? Or should i more accurately say, iran?

What benevolent arabs?

thanks for making my point. Now, watch how you cry foul if I suggest that all christians secretly wish that they could have been the killer of Dr. Tiller and secretly applaud such violence... Funny how all of a sudden you don't like generalizations, eh? If you truly don't think that there are peaceful arabs then, clearly, there is no reason to believe that you wouldn't have pulled the trigger on Tiller yourself, dogma junkie.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back