Fetus can't feel pain before 24 weeks, study says

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
LONDON - British health experts say the human fetus cannot feel pain before the age of 24 weeks, so there is no reason to change the country's abortion laws.

The government-commissioned study is a setback for anti-abortion activists, who want the country's current 24-week time limit for terminations reduced.

The study says that nerve connections in the brain are not sufficiently formed to allow pain perception before 24 weeks.

Fetus can't feel pain before 24 weeks, study says - More health news- msnbc.com

tossed out for your opinion and discussion

will this change anyone's mind?

I don't think "pain" comes into play for the folks intent on getting an abortion. I just don't think that would be the deciding factor.

Nope, that study isn't going to change the basic arguments. Murder or privacy. Pain has nothing to do with it.

LONDON - British health experts say the human fetus cannot feel pain before the age of 24 weeks, so there is no reason to change the country's abortion laws.

The government-commissioned study is a setback for anti-abortion activists, who want the country's current 24-week time limit for terminations reduced.

The study says that nerve connections in the brain are not sufficiently formed to allow pain perception before 24 weeks.

I am going on a clubing hunt and kill some baby seals. I may just take my savage 10 300win mag with me a shoot a couple of polar bear cubs. Would that bother you?

Last edited:

I doubt it but it might just stop those posts from people that claim abortion is wrong because fetuses can feel pain.

so yall are against abortion in ALL cases, right?

Abortion is wrong in ALL situations. That does not mean that I support governmental interfere in ALL situations.

Aborting a child when the mother was raped is wrong, but that doesn't mean that I feel that it might not be more wrong to force a traumatized woman to endure further trauma even if it is true that I would counsel a loved one of mine to give the fetus life.

Abortion is wrong even when the mother's life is in danger. That does not mean that I believe the government should tell her... "Tough shit... your just gonna have to die." It does not mean that I think that the woman has to give up her own life just to avoid doing a wrong.

Abortion is wrong in ALL situations and no matter what anyone says or does, they cannot make it right.

Immie

o that was directed at that idiot from kannapolis....i swear flatlanders are dumber than dirt

thanks for answering even if you did wiggle a wee bit

Forum List

Back