Fess up to your online identities?

Should libel law and slander law be thrown out the window 4 internet trolls?

• Total voters

Procrustes Stretched

And you say, "Oh my God, am I here all alone?"
Dec 1, 2008
Positively 4th Street
Fess up to your online identities?

I agree with this statement...
"
“Now obviously there is libel law and there is slander law, and there are precedents for the boundaries, but Dave Oliveria feels very strongly that if we were to require all commenters to identify themselves, that he would lose a lot of the community voices who would not feel comfortable having to be publicly identified,” Graham said.

but I also think a case can be made here...
"
Jacobson’s attorney, C. Matthew Andersen, said his client immediately called for an audit of the GOP books, which showed conclusively she hadn’t stashed any money in her blouse or anywhere else. But there was also her job and her position in the community to consider, he said.

“She had to sit down with her employer and assure them she was not a thief, and their business monies were all straight. She had to go to her church and stand in front of her friends and say, ‘I am not a thief,’” he said."

http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/...per-anonymous-reader-20120712,0,6955893.story

Last edited:
It's the "age of information". Left wing blog sites make a living from gleaning unverified allegations from the internet. If a specific charge is made against a politician the person should have to defend it.

Left wing, right wing, and centrists all libel online.

All should be held liable for libel.

duly noted. IP's don't lie....and Gunny is not here to protect many of your pathetic arses. :lol:

You are in violation of board rules if you have access to our IP addresses. If you don't why would you make the above statement?

IP addresses are open to the public. You didn't know that? :eusa_clap:

Forum List

Back