Fertilizers price hike due to ST 17% & gas load shedding

sharif

VIP Member
Mar 4, 2011
Karachi, Pakistan
Fertilizers price hike due to ST 17% & gas load shedding

I want to share my knowledge what reasons FERTILIZER prices hike told in the NA ( National Assembly ) due to impose of 17% ST ( Sales Tax ) and load shedding of Gas Is the basis reasons for forces to price hike.

I suggest reducing ST rate by 5% and apply only 12% GST wef from June 1, 2011 through out the country and do not conduct GAS load shedding than perhaps we can control fertilizers prices in our country.

Thanking You.

( Ashfaq Sharif )

national Assembly of what nation, Ashfaq?

Also, what is "gas load shedding"?

National Assembly of Pakistan ..

Gas is actually the Natural Gas .. And Natural Gas load-shedding is the cut in supply of natural gas to the industries and that's the reason many of the industrial units have been completely shut down or down sizing the work-force and ultimately it's adding up numbers into unemployed people which is already at an alarming stage ..

National Assembly of Pakistan ..

Gas is actually the Natural Gas .. And Natural Gas load-shedding is the cut in supply of natural gas to the industries and that's the reason many of the industrial units have been completely shut down or down sizing the work-force and ultimately it's adding up numbers into unemployed people which is already at an alarming stage ..

Okay, thanks.

Who is cutting the supply of natural gas to industries in Pakistan?

Your government or the market forces?

And while I have your attention, what's the employment picture look like for you folks in Pakistan?

Is it worse or better than normal?

Here in the USA we accepted that 5% unemloyment was the norm and right now the offical rate is 8.8% but the real rate (including discouraged workers and people working fewer hours than they'd like is about 16%)

Last edited:
Hello editec ..

Yup, it's government.

Well, employment situation is at alarming stage. Due to the political crisis, inflation, etc., it's becoming worse day by day. Youth is just wandering on the streets. Less amount of educated people. And think of anything .. :)

Forum List

Back