Fertility Reshaping America

Huh? Gobbledygoop.

ONLY to a commie like you,

Ever wonder WHY those 'conservative' icons Reagan, Bush 1, Bush 2 NEVER did a thing to combat the unrushing USA train wreck when a solution would have been relatively painless?

Okay, then what exactly is it you "think" they should have done, nraforlife. Lemme guess...

Ironically, it was none other than Ronald Reagan who's immigration policy was to grant amnesty to everyone who was here illegally at the time.

Your turn.

Had Reagan been a REAL conservative and American Patriot rather than an actor just playing a part he would have followed Eisenhower's approach of thirty years earlier- mass expulsions with no apology.

Nope. rdean your bigotry is misdirected. I am very pro-choice.

From the government report I previously posted, teaching "Abstinence Plus" delays sexual activity in teenagers and reduces STD's. But of course, teen pregnancy is only a very small percentage of total pregnancies.

It's funny how people assume that having 12 children is "irresponsible". To me, it IS irresponsible, but to someone whose religion tells them to "be fruitful" and "multiply" and they take care of those children, then they ARE being responsible, in their own minds, they ARE being responsible.

How do you fight that?

Republican solutions are always so simple. That's why don't work. And for complex problems where one size doesn't fit all, they are a disaster. Republicans call me names because they know what I say is the truth and the truth hurts.

To solve this problem will take a "societal change".

Take it to another thread rdean. The minorities having babies don't come from the Bible belt. We have a comprehensive sex ed program in our district. And we currently have over 20 pregnant teens. And yes - most of them are minorities.

The broad brush is appropriate here because we are talking about the Census. If the information was not important or relevant, the question need not be asked.

It is not just about government handouts. It's about culture and education and crime and neglected children, etc. It should not be a partisan issue; but apparently it is.

And Ghook - we have had an influx of Hispanics from another district (both PR and Mexican) and they have stated the same thing as your barber. They want a better school district because of all the Mexicans in their old school. Weird.

Blacks have likewise been complaining for years that the Mexican field workers have pushed them out of jobs they used to do as experienced pickers, passed on from generation to generation.

I agree that it shouldn't be a partisan issue, but surely you know that it is. The first response to yours right out of the gate MADE it partisan. I too believe it's time for real action, screw who might get their feelings hurt in the process. I also agree with Rdean's opinion that education is the key. The problem that has plagued every administration is, where do we begin? With the chicken or the egg?

Blacks have been complaining for years that they are being "pushed" out of their generational jobs as "field pickers"?

I don't know what to say. You must be a "Confederate White".

I don't know how much of it is going on now, but not too long ago, the big agri-farms were paying bare bones to immigrant pickers, blow US minimum wage. And yes, historically, black men were just as proficient at picking as the Mexican laborers are today. (It isn't as easy as it looks.) This link, a discussion of this subject by four panel members, covers a great deal of information defining the overall problem.

The Competition for Low-Wage Jobs - Room for Debate Blog - NYTimes.com
Immigrants — especially illegal immigrants — are working in jobs and sectors of the economy that natives have gradually left, may be reluctant to re-enter and to which they may have limited access because the internal networks that control information about the availability of new jobs in these sectors now operate largely within immigrant communities.

Chanel, I read the article you linked to and there is nothing in it that indicates that these births are predominantly to single latino mothers.

You are projecting your prejudices, imo.

Nope. rdean your bigotry is misdirected. I am very pro-choice.

Folk like you with your feminist undepinned worldview are at the root of the mass suicide of western civilisation. You have completely discounted the future beyond your own self-indulgent lifetime. Hope you like assisted suicide as in a few years the new owners of this land aren't gonna want to waste THEIR resources on your 'golden' years nor is the remnant of middle America fighting for its survival likely to have any resources available to maintain aged betrayers.

You might want to click on your reputation rating, pal.

Tick tick tick.

This country has been built on immigration and multi-culturalism. I see nothing wrong with minorities numbers growing.

The few of you that suggest most of these people leech off the government is disgusting. Its plain generalization.

One thing Ive noticed in all of these kinds of posts is the color of skin. Hispanics, blacks, Muslims.......

Who else can you people hate?

Ravi - if you are so inclined check out the Census data and connect the dots. The "fertility rate" includes a disprortionate number of out of wedlock births. That is not conjectire It is fact.

Ravi - if you are so inclined check out the Census data and connect the dots. The "fertility rate" includes a disprortionate number of out of wedlock births. That is not conjectire It is fact.

Good. While other countries are experiencing a decline in births, our country is growing.

Lots of people care. That's why the article was written.

My concern is that the people least able to afford large families are the ones having the most children. Everyone should care about that. Well everyone except those profiting from their meal tickets.

Show me facts.

At my pool now sweetie. Can't post links from my blackberry. But knock yourself out on census.gov and or google poverty stats. The OP states that minorities have a higher fertility rate. Minorities makes less money. Connect the dots. Sheez.

And yes we are painting with a broad brush here. That's been asked and answered.

At my pool now sweetie. Can't post links from my blackberry. But knock yourself out on census.gov and or google poverty stats. The OP states that minorities have a higher fertility rate. Minorities makes less money. Connect the dots. Sheez.

And yes we are painting with a broad brush here. That's been asked and answered.

So, what youre saying is blacks and latinos are welfare trash and are having kids disproportionately to whites.

Youre making the facts up. Youre "connecting" unseen dots. What that is is assuming....

Dont stay at the pool too long, sweetie. People will see you for what you really are.

Ouch. Don't ever put words in my mouth. I never called anyone trash. But now that you mention it, anyone who chooses to have an UNWANTED child is trash. Any father that abandons his kids is trash. That has nothing to do with skin color but everything to do with - gasp - morality. But hey - as long as the population keeps growing who cares about the children right?

Keep talkin so people can see you for what you "really are"

If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.

Good. While other countries are experiencing a decline in births, our country is growing.
It is true according to this article that whites are experiencing zero population growth in the USA.

Out of wedlock births are common among poor minorities because they are uneducated in prevention and parenting skills. How do you force people to use condoms or birth control pills and/or demand that they limit the number of children? If we lived in a true Communist society, it would be easy, but this is America which too many people seem to forget. Yes, it's sad that there are so many ignorant and downright illiterate people who live in this country, but accepting that they exist is the tradeoff for you and I having privileges in this country we would not have anywhere else.

No it's not a trade off. The solution to this problem is actually quite simple. Stop handing out welfare to these people and you stop enabling their irresponsible life styles.

Forum List

Back