Fertility Reshaping America

Take it to another thread rdean. The minorities having babies don't come from the Bible belt. We have a comprehensive sex ed program in our district. And we currently have over 20 pregnant teens. And yes - most of them are minorities.

The broad brush is appropriate here because we are talking about the Census. If the information was not important or relevant, the question need not be asked.

It is not just about government handouts. It's about culture and education and crime and neglected children, etc. It should not be a partisan issue; but apparently it is.

And Ghook - we have had an influx of Hispanics from another district (both PR and Mexican) and they have stated the same thing as your barber. They want a better school district because of all the Mexicans in their old school. Weird.
The Census asks no questions concerning economic status.

No it does not. Crime rates, fatherless children, and education costs come straight from Chanel's head. Some of us use information to draw conclusions. It's called thinking.
Not too long ago people said the same things you are saying about the Irish and Italians and the Polish and the Lithuanians, not to mention Catholics.

My solution is to bring back shame. Teen pregnancy is not a "blessed event".
I agree with you there. When my friend's 16 year old daughter's GYN told her" Congratulations! You're going to have a baby!" my Friend had to stifle a strong urge to strangle the doctor.

Take it to another thread rdean. The minorities having babies don't come from the Bible belt. We have a comprehensive sex ed program in our district. And we currently have over 20 pregnant teens. And yes - most of them are minorities.

The broad brush is appropriate here because we are talking about the Census. If the information was not important or relevant, the question need not be asked.

It is not just about government handouts. It's about culture and education and crime and neglected children, etc. It should not be a partisan issue; but apparently it is.

And Ghook - we have had an influx of Hispanics from another district (both PR and Mexican) and they have stated the same thing as your barber. They want a better school district because of all the Mexicans in their old school. Weird.

Blacks have likewise been complaining for years that the Mexican field workers have pushed them out of jobs they used to do as experienced pickers, passed on from generation to generation.

I agree that it shouldn't be a partisan issue, but surely you know that it is. The first response to yours right out of the gate MADE it partisan. I too believe it's time for real action, screw who might get their feelings hurt in the process. I also agree with Rdean's opinion that education is the key. The problem that has plagued every administration is, where do we begin? With the chicken or the egg?

Blacks have been complaining for years that they are being "pushed" out of their generational jobs as "field pickers"?

I don't know what to say. You must be a "Confederate White".
There is a fair amount of animosity im my neighborhood between blacks and Hispanics. The blacks see Hispanics improving their economic status within a few generations as they become middle class and are able to get mortgages for investment properties and become the landlords of the blacks. I've heard resentment from blacks I know who say government policies make it possible for Hispanics to rise in this country but blacks can hardly move forward. I think there is some truth to what they say.

There is also notable animosity in my neighborhood between the older Puerto Rican community and the newer Dominican population.

Ravi - if you are so inclined check out the Census data and connect the dots. The "fertility rate" includes a disprortionate number of out of wedlock births. That is not conjectire It is fact.
The Census data also indicates that the average age of Utah is dropping.

Regardless of economic status, IMO, anyone adding to the over population problem of this planet is being irresponsible and selfish, especially the ones creating huge bloated families. I don't care if you have a billion dollars, it does not excuse you from being self centered.

Now you know how the AmerIndians felt.

Those EUROS bred like flies, too.

Not even remotely close to the same thing, but you already knew that.

That's probably true. The early EuroAmericans found it was easier just to kill off as many AmerIndians as possible.

The big fallacy about your statement is that the Native Americans were one cohesive group. They weren't they warred and brutalized themselves just as bad. There was no unified government. The Native Americans controlled a small part of what is now America. Its a fallacy to put them in the same light like your doing!

That's probably true. The early EuroAmericans found it was easier just to kill off as many AmerIndians as possible.

The big fallacy about your statement is that the Native Americans were one cohesive group. They weren't they warred and brutalized themselves just as bad. There was no unified government. The Native Americans controlled a small part of what is now America. Its a fallacy to put them in the same light like your doing!

Gee, that sounds like a description of the white people who came from Europe

Can you expand on this please?

Forum List

Back