"Feminization of the Medal of Honor"?

geauxtohell

Choose your weapon.
Jun 27, 2009
Out here in the middle.
Keep it classy Bryan Fischer/American Family Association:

This is just the eighth Medal of Honor awarded during our wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, and Sgt. Giunta is the only one who lived long enough to receive his medal in person.

But I have noticed a disturbing trend in the awarding of these medals, which few others seem to have recognized.

We have feminized the Medal of Honor.

Bryan Fischer: The feminization of the Medal of Honor - RIGHTLYCONCERNED.COM

For those who don't want to kill brain cells, Fischer basically argues that we only reward our soldiers for saving life and not taking life. He also tries to draw some lame parallels between the brutality of combat and the gospel story.

Now to answer the obvious question: No, Fischer never saw combat. In fact, he never served period.

What a moron.

Actually, we had a better term for people like him: chickenshit.

Feminization of the Medal of Honor??????????

I disagree. If you earn a MOH, I would say that you are a person that has a very large set of balls.

Hey, since it was awarded to someone who is still with us this time, Bryan should go and explain to Sgt. Giunta how he thinks the sergeant is really a pussy, and the award has become "feminized".

I'd buy tickets for that.

This is just the eighth Medal of Honor awarded during our wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, and Sgt. Giunta is the only one who lived long enough to receive his medal in person.

But I have noticed a disturbing trend in the awarding of these medals, which few others seem to have recognized.

For those who don't want to kill brain cells, Fischer basically argues that we only reward our soldiers for saving life and not taking life. He also tries to draw some lame parallels between the brutality of combat and the gospel story.

Now to answer the obvious question: No, Fischer never saw combat. In fact, he never served period.
Figures!

Then there's the plural-form.....

CHICKENHAWKS.​

Hey, since it was awarded to someone who is still with us this time, Bryan should go and explain to Sgt. Giunta how he thinks the sergeant is really a pussy, and the award has become "feminized".

No, he is cool with SSG Giunta since he smoked a dude in the process of his actions of receiving the MOH. It's just the previous recipients.

Of note, he doesn't think jumping on a grenade should be an action worthy of the Medal Of Honor, even though it has been awarded for this action since the advent of grenades.

More ironically, that single act of selflessness is the most in line with what Christ actually said (and I am not terribly religious so I am not preaching, just making a point): "Greater love than this has no man than to lay down his life for his brother" and then goes on a weird tangent about how the crucifixion was the ultimate act of badass violence.

I will admit before I start that I have not reviewed every single Medal of Honor ever awarded, but the stories I remember all revolve around saving fellow soldiers lives. One I recall was a WWII Marine who won it for falling on a grenade, was he a pussy also? This guy is a complete idiot.

I wouldn't call it feminization of the MOH but it is true that the honor has been accorded lately more for saving fellow wounded soldiers in a very selfless manner. I think there are other soldiers who have done other actions that should have recieved the MOH too.

Yet what is the Medal of Honor for? An action or actions that were above and beyond the call of duty. Since this is our highest military award the standards are set very high, rightly so. Yet as a soldier your duty is not to get medals but to work as a team, to protect each other and watch each others back, fulfill your orders and help your buddies if they get hurt or wounded.

So the question is would Sgt. York get a Medal of Honor today for doing what he did in WWI? All he did was single handedly charge a German machine gun nest, taking 32 machine guns, killing 28 German soldiers and capturing 132 others. Would this just be a Silver Star today? I would venture that it is very possible.

The definitive response to the idiot claim:

BLACKFIVE: MOH has been feminized? Really?

Trust me, it goes on...

MOH has been "feminized"? Really?
Posted By McQ • [November 16, 2010]

Some goob who I assume thinks he knows what he's talking about has decided, based on something he read in the Wall Street Journal, that the Medal of Honor has become "feminized".

That's right - "feminized". We all know what that particular little code word means, don’t we?

He couldn't just say, on the day Sal Giunta was awarded our nation's highest honor, "well done and well deserved". Oh, no. He had to make a point to try to cheapen the award by qualifying it somehow.

Here's what he said:

The Medal of Honor will be awarded this afternoon to Army Staff Sgt. Salvatore Giunta for his heroism in Afghanistan, and deservedly so. He took a bullet in his protective vest as he pulled one soldier to safety, and then rescued the sergeant who was walking point and had been taken captive by two Taliban, whom Sgt. Giunta shot to free his comrade-in-arms.

According to Bill McGurn of the Wall Street Journal, every Medal of Honor awarded during these two conflicts has been awarded for saving life. Not one has been awarded for inflicting casualties on the enemy. Not one.
Bullsquat you dope. Now being the nice fellow that I am and thinking this guy just isn't worth giving any visibility I decided to tactfully handle it locally. I.e. I'd leave a message on his blog demonstrating how out to lunch he (and apparently McGurn) were. Here's what I left:

You are completely and utterly wrong as is McGurn.

For instance – the first MOH in Iraq:

Sergeant First Class Paul R. Smith distinguished himself by acts of gallantry and intrepidity above and beyond the call of duty in action with an armed enemy near Baghdad International Airport, Baghdad, Iraq on 4 April 2003. On that day, Sergeant First Class Smith was engaged in the construction of a prisoner of war holding area when his Task Force was violently attacked by a company-sized enemy force. Realizing the vulnerability of over 100 fellow soldiers, Sergeant First Class Smith quickly organized a hasty defense consisting of two platoons of soldiers, one Bradley Fighting Vehicle and three armored personnel carriers. As the fight developed, Sergeant First Class Smith braved hostile enemy fire to personally engage the enemy with hand grenades and anti-tank weapons, and organized the evacuation of three wounded soldiers from an armored personnel carrier struck by a rocket propelled grenade and a 60mm mortar round. Fearing the enemy would overrun their defenses, Sergeant First Class Smith moved under withering enemy fire to man a .50 caliber machine gun mounted on a damaged armored personnel carrier. In total disregard for his own life, he maintained his exposed position in order to engage the attacking enemy force. During this action, he was mortally wounded. His courageous actions helped defeat the enemy attack, and resulted in as many as 50 enemy soldiers killed, while allowing the safe withdrawal of numerous wounded soldiers. Sergeant First Class Smith’s extraordinary heroism and uncommon valor are in keeping with the highest traditions of the military service and reflect great credit upon himself, the Third Infantry Division “Rock of the Marne,” and the United States Army.

Don’t know about you, but the death of 50 enemy soldiers and the wounding of many more certainly speaks of “killing people and breaking things” so you can sleep safely at night.

You ought to review Robert James Miller’s MOH as well. It was recently awarded.

Instead of taking McGurn’s word for such things try reading the citations.

The MOH is not something which has been “feminized” for heaven sake.​

Mission accomplished right. And while forceful, it was done nicely. When I left the blog at about 4:30 pm, my comment was "awaiting moderation".

OK, cool. I've had my say and being the honest if mistaken guy that he is, he'll moderate it and post it.

Wrong.

It is now almost midnight. A comment that was entered after mine has been moderated and cleared. Mine? Still "awaiting moderation". Why? Because it completely destroys this yahoo’s premise, that's why.

By the way have any of you ever read Audie Murphy's MOH citation? Take a look:

I will admit before I start that I have not reviewed every single Medal of Honor ever awarded, but the stories I remember all revolve around saving fellow soldiers lives. One I recall was a WWII Marine who won it for falling on a grenade, was he a pussy also? This guy is a complete idiot.

I think it's basically acknowledged that the one thing a person can do to guarantee they will receive the medal of honor is to jump on a grenade.

What could be braver or more "above and beyond the call of duty" than to lay down your life to protect your friends?

Like this man:
http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/monsoor.asp

This guy is a fucking idiot.

Speaking of "fucking" I fucking hate that I can't type "Medal Of Honor" or "Call of Duty" without it being hyperlinked to stupid video game sites.

I wouldn't call it feminization of the MOH but it is true that the honor has been accorded lately more for saving fellow wounded soldiers in a very selfless manner. I think there are other soldiers who have done other actions that should have recieved the MOH too.

Yet what is the Medal of Honor for? An action or actions that were above and beyond the call of duty. Since this is our highest military award the standards are set very high, rightly so. Yet as a soldier your duty is not to get medals but to work as a team, to protect each other and watch each others back, fulfill your orders and help your buddies if they get hurt or wounded.

So the question is would Sgt. York get a Medal of Honor today for doing what he did in WWI? All he did was single handedly charge a German machine gun nest, taking 32 machine guns, killing 28 German soldiers and capturing 132 others. Would this just be a Silver Star today? I would venture that it is very possible.

Of course York would receive the Medal of Honor today.

Part of the larger issue, that Fischer, being completely ignorant of warfare and too fucking stupid to realize how ignorant he is, is that we are not involved in conventional warfare where you soldiers are put in positions to take out an entire company of bad guys.

It's low intensity conflict. Every war has to be viewed in its own context.

What a moron.

What an absolute idiot from an absolutely idiotic organization. Why is it that those who never served, who never saw combat have to be such morons, open their mouths (or keyboards) and prove it to everyone else? And probably get applauded by other morons for it?

All I can say is "WoW"!!!! with a few well placed: :flameth::hellno::talktothehand::anj_stfu::321::bsflag::dev3::bs1:

What a moron.

What an absolute idiot from an absolutely idiotic organization. Why is it that those who never served, who never saw combat have to be such morons, open their mouths (or keyboards) and prove it to everyone else? And probably get applauded by other morons for it?

All I can say is "WoW"!!!! with a few well placed: :flameth::hellno::talktothehand::anj_stfu::321::bsflag::dev3::bs1:

Here's what I find offensive: the use of "feminization" as a pejorative, considering that plenty of females have and are willing to do what he himself was not for whatever reason.

Well, actually, I find the whole thing offensive. So offensively distasteful that it is one of those rare events that enter the realm of comedy where both sides agree this guy is a jerk off.

Of course, like every idiot that stepped in it, Fischer made a rebuttal article that I won't waste bandwidth by linking too. Why do morons always resort to the "you guys are just too stupid to understand what I was referring too" defense?

We get it, Bryan. And you are still a douche.

What a moron.

Here's what I find offensive: the use of "feminization" as a pejorative, considering that plenty of females have and are willing to do what he himself was not for whatever reason.

Well, actually, I find the whole thing offensive. So offensively distasteful that it is one of those rare events that enter the realm of comedy where both sides agree this guy is a jerk off.

Of course, like every idiot that stepped in it, Fischer made a rebuttal article that I won't waste bandwidth by linking too. Why do morons always resort to the "you guys are just too stupid to understand what I was referring too" defense?

Like the old "You throw like a girl" ... Tell that to softball players....lol

Like the old "You throw like a girl" ... Tell that to softball players....lol

Or my wife, who pitched in High School and college for a little while, and struck me out at the family reunion.

Ouch.

I'll pay for his travel out there if he let's me go along just to film this event. It will become a UTube smash hit.

Part of the larger issue, that Fischer, being completely ignorant of warfare and too fucking stupid to realize how ignorant he is, is that we are not involved in conventional warfare where you soldiers are put in positions to take out an entire company of bad guys.

He's not even mentioning the number of American soldier's lives he saved by his bravery and gallant actions. What this dip shit is doing, is trying to say that MOH's are awarded to "pussies" but he doesn't have the balls to say what's really on his mind. Instead he is trying to make the MOH seem less than what it really is and what it stands for. You haven't read very many actual MOH citations because if you had of done that before your big mouth overrode your butterfly ass is to see that in just about every case when the MOH has been issued to a service member, lives were also saved either during the action or as a direct result of the action.

Last edited:

He's not even mentioning the number of American soldier's lives he saved by his bravery and gallant actions.

Let me expound my rant and get a little political with the caveat that I don't want to display boorish behavior like Fischer in context of the Medal of Honor.

However, Fischer is patently and quite obviously oblivious to the nature of warfare. Barring the consideration that his little rant my be a ploy to get web hits for a pretty obscure website and group (which is not beyond the realm of possibility), he is too ignorant to understand the basic differences between tactics employed in a conventional versus unconventional war Soldiers aren't any more or less heroic than they were 200 years ago, they are just put in different scenarios.

This ignorance is shared by many Americans and this is why we stick our heads into conflicts and then six years later wonder why it's such a clusterfuck.

Any student of tactics knew that Iraq and Afghanistan would be counterinsurgency missions before we put a single boot on the ground.

I am not directing this towards any particular party or persuasion, as Somalia teaches us that liberals are equally ignorant of this. It's just a general frustration that we keep sticking our noses in the badger's hole and are always amazed when it comes out looking like hamburger.

Forum List

Back