Feminist Author Betty Friedan Dies at 85

I'm no fan of the stereotypical feminazi, but if it were not for those pioneering bulldogs who paved the way for us, who else would have done it? I for one would not want to be the first women to attend medical school or any school ordinarilly reserved for men. It's too bad radical femminists have distorted things so badly, but the Suffrogates and those who followed did help in implementing change and for that , I'm grateful.

Said1 said:
I'm no fan of the stereotypical feminazi, but if it were not for those pioneering bulldogs who paved the way for us, who else would have done it? I for one would not want to be the first women to attend medical school or any school ordinarilly reserved for men. It's too bad radical femminists have distorted things so badly, but the Suffrogates and those who followed did help in implementing change and for that , I'm grateful.

Well said.

You needed feminazis to stand up when they first started. Now that women have been established in the work place, they really have no place anymore. No one is going to be taking their power away anytime soon. All Feminazis do now is try to work for the elimination or subjugation of men. The pendulum swinging the complete opposite direction.

insein said:
You needed feminazis to stand up when they first started. Now that women have been established in the work place, they really have no place anymore. No one is going to be taking their power away anytime soon. All Feminazis do now is try to work for the elimination or subjugation of men. The pendulum swinging the complete opposite direction.
I don't disagree with that assessment, actually for most intents and purposes, about 20 years ago.

insein said:

True. Although most women encounter the topics discussed in the work of Friedan et al, even in this day and age. It's not so much about rights anymore as it is about choices that are still difficult, even though a lot of us grew up thinking or being taught otherwise. It's important for women to keep that dialogue open.

Like I said, the radicals have distorted everything, most women know it's ok to tell some man to fuck off, now. We can do that without their help. :D

Forum List

Back