CDZ Feminism - An American Issue

Discussion in 'Clean Debate Zone' started by Tommy Tainant, Apr 23, 2017.

1. Disir

Disir Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,794
    There are multiple arguments taking place on feminism and within feminism.

During the 1960s and 1970s the women's movement stemmed from upper middle class white college students. Women of other classes and of color had always worked outside the home. Bunch of doodoo hit the fan after those women tried to export their "feminism" to other countries and to preach it to the lower classes in the States. That rejection is still going on today both in the US and overseas. Further, it creates and adds to the myth that women did not work outside of the home when they clearly did.

There was/is a tiny group of separatists that no one really identified with and as separatists..........they are slowly dying out BUT those on the right try to make it as they are a much larger group than they really are. I have never met anyone that is a separatist. AND of those communes they are by and large for lesbians. The problem with that is that many feminists have fathers, brothers, sons and husbands or a male significant other. So, we aren't trucking with that and don't want to.

The wage gap has been closing for twenty years not because women are getting paid more but because men are being paid less. That division that we keep encountering is to divert from the issue of wage stagnation.

We now have a group of college students that really think they are carrying the torch. Nobody else knows where the heck they are taking that torch but they have it. Those battles were already fought and won and now they make shit up for fun.

There is a huge focus on rape which is good because it happens. And zero focus on false allegations or making it appear as if women are never responsible for their actions and while they may have not really wanted to have sex they decide it's rape afterwards. So, it's rape because you weren't into it or you had pity sex. That right there is a dangerous place to be. Rape is real and does not include pity sex... shocking, I know. The columnist that questioned the "study" for sexual assault on campuses faced an online campaign of harassment that wanted him to lose his job.

Where are you (general) at that this is acceptable?

And the focus on walking down the street and being forced to listen to cat calls and hustlers. Multiple issues in the world and the focus is on hustlers that talk to everyone.

That right there is feminism as a political weapon by creating issues.As well as, support a candidate who will fight for the rights you already have.

The arguments that take place here are the 99 reasons some guy is not getting any or all of societies ills are tied to feminists OR my favorite is trying to get the rest of us to defend the actions of the nitwit club.

• Informative Informative x 2
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2017
  2. Correll

Correll Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,758

Feminism was hijacked by partisan lefties. You can see this most clearing in the way that feminists reversed their sexual harassment lynch mob mentality when Bill Clinton was accused of sexual harassment.

Milo often talks about how FEW women in the UK identify as feminists. LIke 7% or so.

That sounds like it might not be "controversial" as it is part of the political power structure, but it is certainly not about equality anymore.

3. SeaGal

SeaGal Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +574
    Almost without exception men hold the door for me...across all ranges of age and race. I like that, and never fail to respond with a smile and a thank you. They don't usually do the same for other men. And that's ok - men and women are different in many respects - and that's ok too.

We need the law to be gender neutral, which it is in many ways. As far as individual behavior - is the clerk/service person rude because they hate our color/gender/religion/ideology/age, or is because they are just a jerk - which is not against the law. Spokeswomen for the feminist movement (I object to the word feminism - it should be a movement for equal rights and pay regardless of gender) are far too quick to denigrate those, male or female, who differ with them politically. The rallying cry of 'equal treatment' is situational.

That said, I don't blame feminism for changes in the family makeup. I also agree with those who say it isn't that big of an issue - just to those selling books and writing articles. :)

4. ricechickie

ricechickie Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,635
    This has nothing to do with law. As you said, that should be gender neutral.

I thank people for holding doors for me. I also hold the door for the person after me; it's just good manners.

You're correct that we don't always know someone's motivation when they are rude or talk down to someone. Let's just say that when it happens enough, you start to get a feel for it. Nevertheless, there's not much anyone can do about it.

5. Tommy Tainant

Tommy Tainant Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,835
    http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2017/04/2...n-companies-forcing-women-to-wear-high-heels/

Where would American feminists be on this issue ? On balance I think its worth a struggle. I understand the argument about not taking the job if you dont want the uniform ,it was a bit more complicated in this instance, but these issues mainly seem to affect women.

I think its wrong.

6. ricechickie

ricechickie Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,635
    Heels can be quite bad for a woman's feet, while having no effect on her job performance. Flat-out wrong to mandate them.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Tommy Tainant

Tommy Tainant Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,835
    Heels look like torture.

8. ricechickie

ricechickie Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,635
    I'm certainly past wearing them.

9. SeaGal

SeaGal Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +574
    I agree, it's bad manners to let a door shut in someone's face. Interestingly though, men often reach for and open a door for me, or pause and let me precede them through a door they hold open. I've never had a woman do that - unless my arms were full - and then only sometimes.

It's a sign of respect...and I appreciate it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. OldLady

OldLady Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,609
    From 1979 to 1985, I worked for an old dinosaur who insisted on them, as well as no slacks on the ladies. I was young enough that I usually wore heels, anyway, but he and I butted heads hard on the issue of using the title Ms., which he absolutely refused to do. Warred about it for years. No one won. We stopped using titles entirely.

• Informative Informative x 1