CDZ Feminism - An American Issue

Politicians still try to pull a throwback to marriage and the stay at home wives and it indicates that this is viewed as the solution to the economic crisis of whatever time. We saw that during the 2008 election cycle and a focus on "traditional" roles. We saw "marriage" as a focus during Bush II. What they really mean is: we don't have any answers so if you could just marry up and stay home that would be swell, thanks.

That's not entirely accurate. Not that marriage was never mentioned - it was not a focus. Remember, one of the candidates chose a married woman who was also a mom, and the Gov. of Ak. as a running mate - not exactly a traditional role. Below a list of 2008 campaign issues.
On the Issues: Climate Change - Election Guide 2008 - The New York Times

During that time, Obama addressed a congregation in a predominantly black church about the importance of responsible fatherhood and two parent households...as well as the economic impact.

The Democratic presidential hopeful noted that more than half of all black children live in single-parent households, making them five times more likely to live in poverty and 20 times more likely to end up in prison.
Obama to Black Dads: Be a Real Father

Note that he isn't telling them they have to be married - nor is he telling the women they must stay home. Neither did McCain focus on such. Referring to marriage in a speech, or address, or interview does translate into focus.

Advocating for the right of women to have the same choices as men in education, career fields and equal pay for equal jobs by no means makes the choice that some women make to be a 'stay-at-home-wife' obsolete, or a throwback...it's simply another choice that deserves respect. Broadening some choices shouldn't mean narrowing others.

Last edited:
You are projecting your values on to a society that does not agree with you. Why should you decide what is best for women ? Surely it is the individuals right to decide what is "acceptable" and "proper" ?

Not my values - the Traditional Values of Human Society, which have been in place for millennia and worked very well until we started ignoring them.

I don't believe in individual rights or that most people have the mental facilities to make proper decisions,on their own.

You are projecting your values on to a society that does not agree with you. Why should you decide what is best for women ? Surely it is the individuals right to decide what is "acceptable" and "proper" ?

Not my values - the Traditional Values of Human Society, which have been in place for millennia and worked very well until we started ignoring them.

I don't believe in individual rights or that most people have the mental facilities to make proper decisions,on their own.
It works for some but not others. I would disagree with your contention that it has been that way for millennia. It might have been that way for the upper classes but economics ruled that out as an option.
But anyway the civilised way is that girls and boys should avengers the same choices.

We can all agree on that.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

.But anyway the civilised way is that girls and boys should avengers the same choices.

We can all agree on that.p

No, we cannot all agree on that.

I'm guessing you're not fa.iliar with Gender Complimentarity. It suggedtd tbat eaxh if tbe two genders has a set of strengths tbat is comokimentary to the weaknesses of the othdr gender, and vice versa. This,allows,the two genders to enter into conplimentary relationships the way fhst two magnets of opposite charges are.

Does that make any sense to you?

.But anyway the civilised way is that girls and boys should avengers the same choices.

We can all agree on that.p

No, we cannot all agree on that.

I'm guessing you're not fa.iliar with Gender Complimentarity. It suggedtd tbat eaxh if tbe two genders has a set of strengths tbat is comokimentary to the weaknesses of the othdr gender, and vice versa. This,allows,the two genders to enter into conplimentary relationships the way fhst two magnets of opposite charges are.

Does that make any sense to you?
Yes I understand that. There has to be a mutual feeling in any relationship. But that is for the couple to sort through and not society. One size does not fit all.

I'm kind of an anti-feminist. I think the women's right movement was one of the biggest mistakes the US has made. Not only are all those women in the workforce, but they're also not taking care of their kids to their fullest ability. I mean I guess I can slide a bit and say if they don't have kids working and being independent is fine, but when they're talking about careers and stuff knowing they're planning to have kids in the future, it's just guaranteeing that they're going to chose their career over the "job" of raising their kids. Not that I don't think dad's could raise them just the same, but Dad's are pushed from birth to be breadwinners so there are not many that want to stay home; and I'll even partially agree to my youngest son's opinion that women do a better job at raising kids.

Oh and worse now we have massive crops of pussy men who have zero ability to protect their families - though I suppose that's because of liberalism's cultural brainwashing that "real men" you find on farms and ranches and ruling corporate offices are "inbred hicks" or "capitalist pigs"

I'm kind of an anti-feminist. I think the women's right movement was one of the biggest mistakes the US has made. Not only are all those women in the workforce, but they're also not taking care of their kids to their fullest ability. I mean I guess I can slide a bit and say if they don't have kids working and being independent is fine, but when they're talking about careers and stuff knowing they're planning to have kids in the future, it's just guaranteeing that they're going to chose their career over the "job" of raising their kids. Not that I don't think dad's could raise them just the same, but Dad's are pushed from birth to be breadwinners so there are not many that want to stay home; and I'll even partially agree to my youngest son's opinion that women do a better job at raising kids.

Oh and worse now we have massive crops of pussy men who have zero ability to protect their families - though I suppose that's because of liberalism's cultural brainwashing that "real men" you find on farms and ranches and ruling corporate offices are "inbred hicks" or "capitalist pigs"

do you drop yourself at the bar every day at 5 pm in order to fellowship with your buddies
and hang around the topless waitresses?

Well I don't drink so if I'm in a bar its so I can use my body to hustle men on the pool table, but I did waitress at a strip club for many many years and cat call the dancers along with my customers. I will admit I have issues with women, most of them are total bitches. Kind of why I'm not a lesbian, I couldn't possibly handle their emotional bullshit heh

Forum List

Back