Females cleared for service in ‘Combat/FrontLine Units’

I was for a great deal of my career forward combat communications. We did not see a lot of activity, But we saw our share. Women were kept to the sites most in the rear areas as much as possible. I don't believe any of my females ever had the chance to actually fire their weapon....... Other than at the range of course..... But those females could not hump their own 100 pair cable reel without one of the guys to help. Not one of them.....And that was part of their job description. I had guys that couldn't do it in Mopp 4 with their weapon on them..... Don't know if i could have done it myself........ but it was part of your job. (well not mine, they didn't have 100 pair cable when i had to hump it)

Sarge - Ollie - I want to say thankyou for your service. I also think that you have some good input on the way it was. My hope is that in the future women will be better screened for combat duty and only the ones that have a chance at survival will get into the fighting ranks.
You have my thanks, and I feel that is not enough.

As soon as too few women qualify the standards will be lowered to eliminate the discriminatory effect.

To quote Dickens, "If the law says that, the law is a ass, a idiot."

The law may be an ass, but, you cannot argue with facts.

This is from the complaint which compelled the military to change it's policy, "servicewomen who have engaged in ground combat in Iraq and Afghanistan have routinely been denied combat credit for purposes of promotion. For men, ground combat experience is a substantial factor in promotion to leadership positions. In contrast, a woman's combat experience is not recognized as such, because she is only "attached" but not "assigned" to ground combat units, or she commands teams that serve "in support of' but are not "part of' ground combat units. For some servicewomen, such as Staff Sergeant Jennifer Hunt, their combat service conducting missions with infantry troops had no formal designation at all. For others, such as Captain Alexandra Zoe Bedell and First Lieutenant Colleen Farrell, their combat service leading FETs took place entirely outside of their official career specialties. Because of the combat exclusion policy, the combat service of these and many other women cannot be given official recognition..."
http://www.aclu.org/files/assets/emb...lu_lawsuit.pdf

These combat jobs have already been performed by women. This is nothing new. Give credit where credit is due, exclusion based on sex is simply wrong.

Now we get to it. You don't have the vaguest idea of what you are talking about. You are loosely throwing around a judicial decision without any idea of what any of it means.

It says right there that they haven't done the job of the infantry. You are comparing apples and oranges and don't even know it. Being attacked and shooting back is not the same as going on a patrol to find and kill the enemy.

I am not throwing a judicial decision in as much exhibiting the facts. There is no guarantee that the enemy will not shoot back when going on patrol to find and kill them, your statement does not make any sense whatsoever. Moreover, the decision is not narrowed to one Military Occupational Specialty. What you are attempting to do is ignore many factors that made the military change their policy. For example, "beginning in 2003, for example, so-called Lioness teams were deployed to assist combat units in Iraq searching women for weapons and explosives. Drawing from this model, the military created several other female-only units in 2009, including “female engagement teams.” In their first year of operation, these teams conducted over 70 short-term search-and-engagement missions in Afghanistan. Paying lip service to the exclusion policy, the military specified that these units could not contribute to hunt-and-kill foot patrols and should stay at combat bases only temporarily. In practice, however, this meant that female soldiers were required to leave their combat bases for one night every six weeks before immediately returning."
Let Women Fight | Foreign Affairs

Connery you have no idea what you are talking about. The female teams were created so that the women would not be killed because men searched them. In certain parts of the Islamic world if another man touches your wife you can kill her. So if we searched women for weapons they would be killed after we left. Females attachments go with us and are protected by us. The same way reporters and politicians are.

Connery you have no idea what you are talking about. The female teams were created so that the women would not be killed because men searched them. In certain parts of the Islamic world if another man touches your wife you can kill her. So if we searched women for weapons they would be killed after we left. Females attachments go with us and are protected by us. The same way reporters and politicians are.

The fact is they were used in combat, period.

Forum List

Back