Female Journalist Attacked By Limbaugh Responds: He ‘Just Doesn’t Think Women Count’

Funny, the quote cited doesnt say anything about her being dismissive to her work because she is a female. Quite the opposite. He is criticizing the substance of her work and is asking why young women aren't being educated properly nowadays.

Judging by her inability to comprehend what he is actually saying, I'd have to say Rush is right about this woman.
Yeah, let's (everybody) keep dancing-around....

....The OBVIOUS!!!!

hippo%20spanker.gif

Right or wrong Limbaugh is untouchable at a minimum of 50 million a year on his contract extension to 2016. Democrats are just pounding sand if they believe they can somehow undermine him, he only becomes more popular with these attacks...

I think Democrats are simply being played by Limbaugh.

Sure he'll throw you a few cookies but he's laughing at you the whole time...

The problem isn't LImbaugh.

It's the old joke about wrestling with a pig. You both get covered in shit but the pig enjoys it.

The GOP is wrestling with this pig. Obama set them up brilliantly by putting out a rule that would get the Catholic Bishops upset. And because the GOP strategy has been getting angry white working people to vote against their own economic interests, they had to rise to the bait.

Pitting religious fanatics against working women was brilliant. and then Rush Limbaugh totally stepped into it with his rants against Fluke.

whatever, Rush has nothing to do with the Gop..Just like you all will say Bill Maher doesn't speak for the Democrats..

dear gawd give us a break

No one actually watches Maher.

the problem is, five minutes after Rush said this, Romney, Santorum and Gingrich should have all come out and said, "This sort of language is totally unacceptable!" none of them did. Because they are scared to death of Limbaugh and offending his listeners.

They dont' want to be the one going and kissing Rush's ring like that black dude who used to be the GOP Chairman.

Limbough is a fat, ugly man who, until he made lots of money, was probably unable to score with the chicks.

Such pubescent traumas typically resonate throughout one's life.

This is not an untypical profile of misogynists like this pigman Rush.

Most of his audience is likewise, fat ugly, selfish white men who were mostly rejected by the fairer sex.

Woman hating is a rather common character disorder.

We see plenty of it right here from many of our right wing bretheren, do we not?

:lol:..sounds far more like a rant than reason..

It seems many on the left have this point of view but at the same time profess not to listen to Rush , that seems rather odd to me. Sure, I listen to him occasionally, I find him entertaining, informative as well as arrogant and such but I definitely don't fit your description..

I also watch Maher occasionally and find him to be misogynist nut case as well as several other expletives and basically a turd.. go figure.

Last edited:
Right or wrong Limbaugh is untouchable at a minimum of 50 million a year on his contract extension to 2016. Democrats are just pounding sand if they believe they can somehow undermine him, he only becomes more popular with these attacks...

yeah, he's laughing all the way to the bank (at both sides). he plays the right against the left about as well as it can be done. and the whole time, both parties are taking us deeper in debt. shame on those who fall for the good v/s evil crap.

Anyone that listens to him with sincerity is being played.

yeah, he's laughing all the way to the bank (at both sides). he plays the right against the left about as well as it can be done. and the whole time, both parties are taking us deeper in debt. shame on those who fall for the good v/s evil crap.

Damn straight.. Yup

I agree that Limbaugh has nothing to worry about. He's set for life. However, maybe those who publicly kiss his ring should worry a little...

Ive never seen a single soul kiss his ring. So I doubt anyone has much to worry about.

It's the old joke about wrestling with a pig. You both get covered in shit but the pig enjoys it.

The GOP is wrestling with this pig. Obama set them up brilliantly by putting out a rule that would get the Catholic Bishops upset. And because the GOP strategy has been getting angry white working people to vote against their own economic interests, they had to rise to the bait.

Pitting religious fanatics against working women was brilliant. and then Rush Limbaugh totally stepped into it with his rants against Fluke.

whatever, Rush has nothing to do with the Gop..Just like you all will say Bill Maher doesn't speak for the Democrats..

dear gawd give us a break

No one actually watches Maher.

the problem is, five minutes after Rush said this, Romney, Santorum and Gingrich should have all come out and said, "This sort of language is totally unacceptable!" none of them did. Because they are scared to death of Limbaugh and offending his listeners.

They dont' want to be the one going and kissing Rush's ring like that black dude who used to be the GOP Chairman.

Actually, Romney did say that his language was inappropriate.

Conveniently ignored by the Anti-Romney poster. shocking:)

Bill Clinton, Ted Kennedy, John Edwards ... these are the men that think women matter! Hell Yeah.

Anyone that listens to him with sincerity is being played.

He's entertainment... it's better to do some research as with most news/entertainment shows before you believe it.

shouldn't the word "journalist" start being used with quotes around it from now on? There really is no such thing as journalism anymore. Just biased reporting on one side or the other and omission of facts that don't uphold the agenda.

....And, all other Excellence In Butt Sex.​

TracieMcMillan2-e1331133250630.jpg

Tracie McMillan

By Annie-Rose Strasser

Having offered a quasi-apology for his sexist smears against Sandra Fluke, hate radio host Rush Limbaugh has moved on to another female target: investigative journalist Tracie McMillan, who wrote a book on the American food system called The American Way of Eating. Ripping into McMillan yesterday on his radio show, Limbaugh mused, “What is it with all of these young, single, white women, overeducated — doesn’t mean intelligent.”

McMillan is now pushing back against Rush’s continuing campaign of hate against prominent female progressive advocates. In an interview with the Atlantic Wire published today, McMillan said she thought Limbaugh was attacking her solely for her being a woman:
“It’s been really interesting to have somebody be that openly dismissive of my work strictly based on the fact that I’m female,” McMillan told The Atlantic Wire. “There’s no other way to think about it except that Rush Limbaugh just doesn’t think women count.” McMillan went on to explain how her book approaches some difficult issues about the food that feeds America and the conditions for the workers that produce it, however Limbaugh didn’t seem willing to engage in that debate. Instead, he focused on her being a woman.​
In the past, Limbaugh said women are “emotional” voters unlike men, that women’s lives are “easier” than men’s, that the “feminazi grand plan” is to remove the competitive nature of men, and that women “have neutered the business of politics.” He suggested Danica Patrick is not a great racecar driver because she’s female. He referred to a female sports reporter as “boob-alicious, booty-licious,” and called Hillary Clinton the “sex-retary of State.”
Female Journalist Tracie McMillan Responds to Limbaugh Attack

Conservative white males like Limbaugh look back at the 20th century and see successive decades where their preeminence and their privileged lives could no longer be easily assured and simply inherited merely by being born. Limbaugh's whole schtick is little more than a whining act about how it's not fair that white males actually have to compete in a country where they once ruled without challenge. It's other disenfranchised white males that essentially made Limbaugh rich because he tapped into their anger and frustration. Limbaugh gave them a hero as they wallowed in their supposed victimization.

I'm thinkin Obama is in constant candidate triangulation mode no matter how it screws over and splits the country. Democrats desperate to win make excuses and develop motivations for him but his lack of true leadership is in your face.. evident.

Recall.. he is suppose to be President for all the people... that's what this country needs right now in my opinion..

Limbough is a fat, ugly man who, until he made lots of money, was probably unable to score with the chicks.

Such pubescent traumas typically resonate throughout one's life.

This is not an untypical profile of misogynists like this pigman Rush.

Most of his audience is likewise, fat ugly, selfish white men who were mostly rejected by the fairer sex.

Woman hating is a rather common character disorder.

We see plenty of it right here from many of our right wing bretheren, do we not?

We see a substantial amount from the left too. But please don't let reality bite you in the ass.

Twit.

Well this jokes on me..

When Clinton was President it used to piss me off (because I knew it was a winner I guess) that he always backed down his agenda for the most popular and easy route, now I wish Obama had been more like him.

TracieMcMillan2-e1331133250630.jpg

Tracie McMillan

By Annie-Rose Strasser

Having offered a quasi-apology for his sexist smears against Sandra Fluke, hate radio host Rush Limbaugh has moved on to another female target: investigative journalist Tracie McMillan, who wrote a book on the American food system called The American Way of Eating. Ripping into McMillan yesterday on his radio show, Limbaugh mused, “What is it with all of these young, single, white women, overeducated — doesn’t mean intelligent.”

McMillan is now pushing back against Rush’s continuing campaign of hate against prominent female progressive advocates. In an interview with the Atlantic Wire published today, McMillan said she thought Limbaugh was attacking her solely for her being a woman:
“It’s been really interesting to have somebody be that openly dismissive of my work strictly based on the fact that I’m female,” McMillan told The Atlantic Wire. “There’s no other way to think about it except that Rush Limbaugh just doesn’t think women count.” McMillan went on to explain how her book approaches some difficult issues about the food that feeds America and the conditions for the workers that produce it, however Limbaugh didn’t seem willing to engage in that debate. Instead, he focused on her being a woman.​
In the past, Limbaugh said women are “emotional” voters unlike men, that women’s lives are “easier” than men’s, that the “feminazi grand plan” is to remove the competitive nature of men, and that women “have neutered the business of politics.” He suggested Danica Patrick is not a great racecar driver because she’s female. He referred to a female sports reporter as “boob-alicious, booty-licious,” and called Hillary Clinton the “sex-retary of State.”
Female Journalist Tracie McMillan Responds to Limbaugh Attack

It's other disenfranchised white males that essentially made Limbaugh rich because he tapped into their anger and frustration.

it sure appears that way. i'm white but not angry. maybe that's why i don't listen to any of the talkies.

Forum List

Back