FEMA Teams Told to 'Sightsee' as Sandy Victims Suffered

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
HurricaneSandyDamageReuters.JPG

The regional coordinator even said to us, “I don’t know why you were rushed here because we don’t need you.” They told us to go to the Walmart nearby or to check out the area but told us to stay out of the areas affected by the storm. If our boss back at headquarters had not been alerted and didn’t make a push to get us assignments, the people running the show on the ground level would have just kept us sitting in the barracks.

A Washington administrator admitted in an email:

My people are being told to go sightseeing. They may have a mission in 2-4 days .... I am asking them to reach out to contacts there that may be able to use their expertise ... We will continue to seek these opportunities as otherwise these personnel resources will be wasted ... Please advise way ahead ...

more at FEMA Teams Told to 'Sightsee' as Sandy Victims Suffered

That's not what happened. Fail.

That's not what happened. Fail.

I'm glad to see you graduated at the bottom of your reading class in college.

:redface:

I was on the ground doing damage assessment in coastal NJ, from Asbury Park up past Cape May to Clifford Beach within 6 days of the storm's landfall and FEMA had already been there visiting with homeowners several days before.

I too worked Katrina and, no, it wasn't run better than Sandy. Were there problems during Sandy? Yes, there were. There are in the early days of ANY disaster and believe me, I know as I've worked about 20 of them in the past 7 years, mostly as a first responder.

Forum List

Back