FEMA is failing the people of the east coast.

Maybe they aren't inept. Maybe we just don't understand what FEMA is doing. What will it take to get these people to relocate or be relocated?

Look at all these right wingers complaining about not getting their free stuff fast enough, what a joke!

Sorry We're Closed: FEMA Shuts Down Disaster Centers "Due To Weather"

People have no heat so what's FEMA's response to a bit of snow? To close disaster relief centers.

Just like Katrina FEMA as a disaster relief organization is inept.

gee I bet you wish the state would jsut take care of it all huh

Someone needs to. It appears FEMA isn't up to the task.

Hundreds of thousands are without power.
Tent cities are popping up like pimples on a teenager.
Even a prison was offered to house the displaced.
Gas is being rationed.
Food and toilet facilities are still not sufficient.

Its a fucking mess.

We have delt with mother nature for generations. How is it that after all our experience we still can't properly prepare when we have weeks of notice that its comming?

Look at all these right wingers complaining about not getting their free stuff fast enough, what a joke!

Yep, lots of right wingers in Coney or Staten Islands. :rolleyes: Just like with Katrina, I think folks should have gotten out of there before it hit. If they were determined to stay, they should have been disaster ready, which means more a few cans of soup and some flashlights.

With that said, just like Katrina both states and feds should have stepped up help, it's getting cold fast now.

People have no heat so what's FEMA's response to a bit of snow? To close disaster relief centers.

Ok Grampa, I haven't read the article yet, but I am willing to bet that there's a good reason. I DO find it funny that many republicans who incessantly state "get government out of the way and let the private industry take care of it!" and "Private industry does it better than government!", are the same ones who are complaining about FEMA'S alleged lack of response and lack of turning the electricity on and fuel delivery. Both of the aforementioned industries are controlled by PRIVATE business entities!!! :lol:

Ok Grampa, I haven't read the article yet, but I am willing to bet that there's a good reason. I DO find it funny that many republicans who incessantly state "get government out of the way and let the private industry take care of it!" and "Private industry does it better than government!", are the same ones who are complaining about FEMA'S alleged lack of response and lack of turning the electricity on and fuel delivery. Both of the aforementioned industries are controlled by PRIVATE business entities!!! :lol:

Govt will always play a roll in disasters this large. Until we outsource the responsibilities of a response FEMA is and will continue to be the target.

And for the record the utility company in charge of the area without power is GOVERNMENT OWNED. They requested 700 linemen and ended up needing 10000

Forum List

Back