FEMA fail

Actually Dick Cheney/Halliburton has a multimillion-dollar contract with the feds to build and stock disaster refugee centers. They've had the contract since at least 2006. So ask Cheney where the generators are.

Halliburton Subsidiary Gets Contract to Add Temporary Immigration Detention Centers - New York Times

Halliburton Subsidiary Gets Contract to Add Temporary Immigration Detention Centers

My, my, can't tell the truth at all can we......

Oooops, just noticed KatznDogz had allready addressed the lie....

Actually Dick Cheney/Halliburton has a multimillion-dollar contract with the feds to build and stock disaster refugee centers. They've had the contract since at least 2006. So ask Cheney where the generators are.

Halliburton Subsidiary Gets Contract to Add Temporary Immigration Detention Centers - New York Times

Halliburton Subsidiary Gets Contract to Add Temporary Immigration Detention Centers

My, my, can't tell the truth at all can we......

Oooops, just noticed KatznDogz had allready addressed the lie....

Read the article. It says disaster refugees as well. I don't make shit up, but nice try, kids.

And here I thought they had finally figured out how to handle a disaster after their epic fail with katrina....sad to report it's the same old story of incompetent bureaucrats standing around doing nothing.

I feel bad for the folks who expected them to help. This is yet another example of why you need to prepare yourself for a disaster. You need at least three months of food and water stored up in case of a disaster like this.

LiveLeak.com - FEMA Fail #3673

Wanna know the most galling aspect of this?..The FEMA people were given a PAID DAY OFF because it snowed two inches in NYC. In fact, the snow never covered the pavement.
FEMA did not answer the phone that day either.

And here I thought they had finally figured out how to handle a disaster after their epic fail with katrina....sad to report it's the same old story of incompetent bureaucrats standing around doing nothing.

I feel bad for the folks who expected them to help. This is yet another example of why you need to prepare yourself for a disaster. You need at least three months of food and water stored up in case of a disaster like this.

LiveLeak.com - FEMA Fail #3673

What exactly did you want them to do?

People are pissed that their houses are wrecked, they have no power and fuel.

But they are still alive and in good health.

FEMA's job is to keep them that way.

Tough it out. FEMA has every type of vehicle, temporary building, power facility, phone and internet hookup known to man kind at it's disposal. But no, these government slugs turned tail and ran. They didn't even bother to leave people to answer the fucking phones.
FEMA should be there 24/7 until the job is DONE.
The federal government under this administration is USELESS as tits on a bull.
Obama stood on the NJ SHore and declared the red tape would not get in the way. HA!...No it didn't get in the way. It was used to seal off the stricken areas from ANY assistance.

absolutely horrific story of what has transpired after hurricane Sandy, news that has not been widely reported, from what I can see.
Disaster shelter doesn't protect from bitter cold
He stood and talked in the cool morning air a short distance up the road after security at the front gate threatened to have his car removed outside the entrance to what Sotelo's identification tag calls "Camp Freedom," even though it more closely resembles a prison camp.

The Seaside Heights, N.J., resident was at a Toms River, N.J., arena with his wife and three kids a half hour before the shelter opened as superstorm Sandy approached last week. On Wednesday, Sotelo was part of a contingent shifted to this makeshift tent city in a parking lot across the road from a racetrack about 30 miles north.

"Sitting there last night you could see your breath," Sotelo said. Outside temperatures hovered below freezing, in the upper 20s and low 30s. "At (the arena) the Red Cross made an announcement that they were sending us to permanent structures up here that had just been redone, that had washing machines and hot showers and steady electric, and they sent us to tent city. We got (expletive).....Sotelo scrolls through the photos he took inside the facility as his wife, Renee, huddles for warmth inside a late-model Toyota Corolla stuffed with possessions, having to drive out through the snow and slush to tell their story. Temperatures Thursday finally made it into the upper 40s. Images on the small screen include lines of outdoor portable toilets, of snow and ice breaching the bottom of the tent and an elderly woman sitting up, huddled in blankets.

All the while, a black car with tinted windows crests the hill and cruises by, as if to check on the proceedings.

As Sotelo tells it, when it became clear the residents were less than enamored with their new accommodations Wednesday night and were letting the outside world know about it, officials tried to stop them from taking pictures, turned off the Wi-Fi and said they couldn't charge their cellphones because the complex didn't have enough power.

Forum List

Back