FEMA doing another fantastic job

Quantum Windbag

Gold Member
May 9, 2010
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0f8k2DNw0Y#]FEMA Camp "Prison like" tent city NOW erected in NJ while NY considers turning jails into homes - YouTube[/ame]!

Cops: Man Sexually Assaults FEMA Inspector...
:eusa_eh:
Homeowner in ‘sex assault’ on FEMA gal
November 15, 2012 - During a check of his home for damage
A Staten Island homeowner was arrested yesterday for allegedly sexually assaulting a FEMA inspector who was checking his house for storm damage, law-enforcement sources said. The inspector, a 49-year-old working for the government-contracting firm PB Disaster Services, had knocked on Robert Langshultz’s door in the Sandy-battered Midland Beach section on Monday afternoon.

Langshultz, of 895 Father Capodano Blvd., then allegedly pounced on the woman. He allegedly threw her against a wall, tried to kiss her and grabbed her breasts and buttocks. The woman broke free and later informed police, the sources said. The Staten Island Special Victims Unit picked up Langshultz, who is a contractor, early yesterday morning.

Langshultz, a 53-year-old contractor, was charged with sexual abuse and forcible touching. His arraignment is pending. “Unbelievable! It’s really ridiculous,” said a woman who identified herself as his sister. “My brother lost everything. He didn’t have nothing left.” His neighbors were shocked by the news. “He’s a great guy. Terrific, actually,” said one neighbor, who asked not to be named. “He’s a hard worker. He gets up at 4:30 in the morning everyday to go to work. He’s been dealing with the flood for the last two weeks,” he added.

MORE

Granny says, "Dat's right - another example o' FEMA insensitivity an' ineptitude...
:mad:
FEMA teams told to 'sightsee' as Sandy victims suffered
December 07, 2012 - Hurry up and wait.
That’s what first responders were left to do after being deployed by FEMA to assist in the storm-ravaged areas in the initial days after superstorm Sandy, FoxNews.com has learned. A FEMA worker who spoke to FoxNews.com described a chaotic scene at New Jersey's Fort Dix, where emergency workers arrived as the storm bore down on the Atlantic Coast. The worker said officials at the staging area were unprepared and told the incoming responders there was nothing for them to do for nearly four days.

“They told us to hurry, hurry, hurry," the worker, who works at the agency's headquarters in Washington and volunteered to deploy for the storm recovery effort. "We rushed to Fort Dix, only to find out that our liaison didn’t even know we were coming.” “The regional coordinator even said to us, ‘I don’t know why you were rushed here because we don’t need you,'” said the worker, who spoke out of frustration with the lack of planning and coordination following the devastating storm.

After arriving in New Jersey, the worker and others waited for three full days and parts of another, even as reports dominated the television of the devastation and suffering wrought by the storm, which struck land on Oct. 29. When they asked for assignments, they couldn't believe the response, according to the worker. “They told us to go to the Walmart nearby or to check out the area but told us to stay out of the areas affected by the storm,” the worker said. "If our boss back at headquarters had not been alerted and didn’t make a push to get us assignments, the people running the show on the ground level would have just kept us sitting in the barracks.”

In a Nov. 3 email obtained by FoxNews.com, an administrator back in Washington urged the regional team to get his people into the field after learning they were idled. "My people are being told to go sightseeing," the e-mail reads. "They may have a mission in 2-4 days .... I am asking them to reach out to contacts there that may be able to use their expertise ... We will continue to seek these opportunities as otherwise these personnel resources will be wasted ... Please advise way ahead ..."

MORE

Granny says, "Dat's right - another example o' FEMA insensitivity an' ineptitude...
:mad:
FEMA teams told to 'sightsee' as Sandy victims suffered
December 07, 2012 - Hurry up and wait.
That’s what first responders were left to do after being deployed by FEMA to assist in the storm-ravaged areas in the initial days after superstorm Sandy, FoxNews.com has learned. A FEMA worker who spoke to FoxNews.com described a chaotic scene at New Jersey's Fort Dix, where emergency workers arrived as the storm bore down on the Atlantic Coast. The worker said officials at the staging area were unprepared and told the incoming responders there was nothing for them to do for nearly four days.

“They told us to hurry, hurry, hurry," the worker, who works at the agency's headquarters in Washington and volunteered to deploy for the storm recovery effort. "We rushed to Fort Dix, only to find out that our liaison didn’t even know we were coming.” “The regional coordinator even said to us, ‘I don’t know why you were rushed here because we don’t need you,'” said the worker, who spoke out of frustration with the lack of planning and coordination following the devastating storm.

After arriving in New Jersey, the worker and others waited for three full days and parts of another, even as reports dominated the television of the devastation and suffering wrought by the storm, which struck land on Oct. 29. When they asked for assignments, they couldn't believe the response, according to the worker. “They told us to go to the Walmart nearby or to check out the area but told us to stay out of the areas affected by the storm,” the worker said. "If our boss back at headquarters had not been alerted and didn’t make a push to get us assignments, the people running the show on the ground level would have just kept us sitting in the barracks.”

In a Nov. 3 email obtained by FoxNews.com, an administrator back in Washington urged the regional team to get his people into the field after learning they were idled. "My people are being told to go sightseeing," the e-mail reads. "They may have a mission in 2-4 days .... I am asking them to reach out to contacts there that may be able to use their expertise ... We will continue to seek these opportunities as otherwise these personnel resources will be wasted ... Please advise way ahead ..."

MORE

Recall Katrina? Notice how the press soft balled this one, can we guess why?

Duplicate thread. See the last response in the other thread here:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/curre...ld-to-sightsee-as-sandy-victims-suffered.html

The threads are not duplicates. If you check the dates you will see I posted this almost a month ago, and it has nothing to do with the new allegations against FEMA.

That would take you being honest, something you are demonstrably incapable of.

You are so right. I didn't notice. My apologies.

However, the recent charge laid against FEMA WAS repeated here. In fact, it was used to bump this old thread.

As for your original post? The guy "reporting" that on YouTube is an idiot who knows nothing.

That "prison like" tent city was a camp for relief workers. That might include the Red Cross, NGO's, power crews and maybe even some refugees. I've stayed in them before and seen them in every recent disaster. In Galveston, after Ike, it was called "The Big Tent" because it held something like 900 people.

And, yes, there is security because there's no storage for personal items and when workers go out for the day, their personal stuff is just left lying on or under their bunks. Not just anybody is allowed to wander around in there for a reason. There's also expensive equipment, such as those generators she talked about (you'd be surprised how many generators get pilfered during a disaster) and things like power company service trucks.

No, it's not the Waldorf, but it provides workers a place to sleep, take a shower and get something to eat.

As for his outrage that refugees might be temporarily housed in a prison? What the fuck does he want? The Ritz-Carlton? It's a DISASTER folks, and people are going to be inconvenienced. A shelter is not gonna have all the comforts of home.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

As for your original post? The guy "reporting" that on YouTube is an idiot who knows nothing.

That "prison like" tent city was a camp for relief workers. That might include the Red Cross, NGO's, power crews and maybe even some refugees. I've stayed in them before and seen them in every recent disaster. In Galveston, after Ike, it was called "The Big Tent" because it held something like 900 people.

And, yes, there is security because there's no storage for personal items and when workers go out for the day, their personal stuff is just left lying on or under their bunks. Not just anybody is allowed to wander around in there for a reason. There's also expensive equipment, such as those generators she talked about (you'd be surprised how many generators get pilfered during a disaster) and things like power company service trucks.

No, it's not the Waldorf, but it provides workers a place to sleep, take a shower and get something to eat.

As for his outrage that refugees might be temporarily housed in a prison? What the fuck does he want? The Ritz-Carlton? It's a DISASTER folks, and people are going to be inconvenienced. A shelter is not gonna have all the comforts of home.

We were told during Katrina that the makeshift camps and trailers that had to be used for a prolonged time were evidence that the director of FEMA, a Bush appointee, was incompetent. That the mayor of New Orleans failing to tell EMA were all the hold out sites were was proof EMA was poorly lead.

How many weeks now since Sandy and still no relieve and how long was the power out again?

And not a peep from the press.

We were told during Katrina that the makeshift camps and trailers that had to be used for a prolonged time were evidence that the director of FEMA, a Bush appointee, was incompetent. That the mayor of New Orleans failing to tell EMA were all the hold out sites were was proof EMA was poorly lead.

How many weeks now since Sandy and still no relieve and how long was the power out again?

And not a peep from the press.

You can try to compare Sandy with Katrina to make Bush look good all day long, but it won't wash. FEMA, and everyone else, has learned SO much since Katrina that no comparison can be made. It's apples and oranges.

And, by the way, the chief mistake Bush and FEMA made was that AFTER he'd been faulted in the media, they began spending money like drunken sailors. They spent billions on stuff nobody needed, nobody wanted and didn't even know was coming. Under the glare of the free press, they tried too hard and did too much, too quickly. It was a 3 ring circus.

But, in their defense, nobody had ever seen anything like it in living memory and it caught everyone involved by surprise. Every level of government was paralyzed by the immensity of it at first and the rush of un-asked for volunteers into the disaster zone only complicated matters.

In spite of what some of y'all seem to believe, a disaster response is not a well-oiled machine where everything goes off like clockwork. For the first few days, it's a clusterfuck because nobody really knows what's needed, or where, until the initial assessments have been done.

The point is that it's easy to sit on the sidelines and bitch. If you want to know what REALLY goes on, get out there and help.

The entire point of these threads was to point out to the idiots that thought that FEMA is different now than it was 7 years ago are wrong. The federal government is always going to screw up the reponse, and the private sector is always going to do a better job of reacting to disasters. The best thing for the government to do is get out of the way and let people get the work done that needs to be done. Unless you are one of the idiots that think the government is the solution I have no beef with you.

The entire point of these threads was to point out to the idiots that thought that FEMA is different now than it was 7 years ago are wrong. The federal government is always going to screw up the reponse, and the private sector is always going to do a better job of reacting to disasters. The best thing for the government to do is get out of the way and let people get the work done that needs to be done. Unless you are one of the idiots that think the government is the solution I have no beef with you.

You really can't imagine what an uncoordinated, unsupported disaster relief effort would look like. It would be like a kicked-over ant bed, with well meaning people running around willy-nilly getting in each others way, bringing the wrong help to the wrong place and overloading some areas while ignoring others.

Sorry, but I AM among those who think government involvement is not only mandatory, but that it should take the lead. SOMEBODY has to be in charge. If not the government, who?

You really can't imagine what an uncoordinated, unsupported disaster relief effort would look like. It would be like a kicked-over ant bed, with well meaning people running around willy-nilly getting in each others way, bringing the wrong help to the wrong place and overloading some areas while ignoring others.

Sorry, but I AM among those who think government involvement is not only mandatory, but that it should take the lead. SOMEBODY has to be in charge. If not the government, who?

Sure I can, all I would have to do is look at the examples from history. Tell me something, why does somebody have to be in charge? Is it totally impossible to work together to accomplish a common goal without somebody being in charge? If that is true, how do you explain ancient Rome being built at all?

Bloomberg being in charge sure helped in New York, didn't it? If it wasn't for his decisiveness the resources that were being hoarded for the marathon would have been used to help people, kind of like what happened with that big fashion show that he wasn't in charge of.

Last edited:
Sure I can, all I would have to do is look at the examples from history. Tell me something, why does somebody have to be in charge? Is it totally impossible to work together to accomplish a common goal without somebody being in charge?

Why does somebody have to be in charge? What kind of utopian fantasy world do you live in? You don't SERIOUSLY think we can all just link arms, sing "Kumbaya" and work together in peace and perfect harmony to solve all our problems, do you?

If that is true, how do you explain ancient Rome being built at all?

Uh...because somebody was in charge?

Bloomberg being in charge sure helped in New York, didn't it? If it wasn't for his decisiveness the resources that were being hoarded for the marathon would have been used to help people, kind of like what happened with that big fashion show that he wasn't in charge of.

So, one poor leader is evidence enough that we don't need leaders at all?

Gee whiz, man. Nobody can be THAT naive.

Why does somebody have to be in charge? What kind of utopian fantasy world do you live in? You don't SERIOUSLY think we can all just link arms, sing "Kumbaya" and work together in peace and perfect harmony to solve all our problems, do you?

Damn, I never thought of that. If people weren't in charge we would probably have wars all the time, how stupid of me not to see that.

Somebody was in charge of building Rome? Was his name Methuselah? it took hundreds of years to build that city.

One?

The problem with good leaders is they die, and then somebody else takes over.

Damn, I never thought of that. If people weren't in charge we would probably have wars all the time, how stupid of me not to see that.

Somebody was in charge of building Rome? Was his name Methuselah? it took hundreds of years to build that city.

One?

Have you ever had a real job? Do you know what bosses do, or why they're there?

Tell ya what, sport. Go start a company and see how much money you can make without somebody being in charge. Put your money where your ideology is.

"Helluva Job, Fuggy."

One?

Have you ever had a real job? Do you know what bosses do, or why they're there?

Tell ya what, sport. Go start a company and see how much money you can make without somebody being in charge. Put your money where your ideology is.

I destroy your argument that, without someone being in charge we would have no peace, and you come back with this? No wonder you are so bitter.

Forum List

Back