Fellow libertarians....

Let me interject, your guys' bet should be you get to choose what the others' signature is for a week and they must post at least 5 times a day for that week on the politics board.

Fine except that we are both fairly close on our views. We'll come up with something. There's lots of time.
Yep yep.

Ron Paul is not competent to be Secretary of the Treasury. I don't know where he could do more harm except perhaps as Secretary of Defense, but that at least might put the onus of duty as an American on him. I would like to see Paul as Sec. of Education, Agriculture, or Energy. He would do a good job in those last three, but not Commerce.
Beautiful animals horses... Majestic... The bonds they form with each other is undeniable. They work hard hard, they play hard... Just absolutely wonderful animals.

But that quote right there shows why they aren't the top of the food chain.

Ron Paul is not competent to be Secretary of the Treasury. I don't know where he could do more harm except perhaps as Secretary of Defense, but that at least might put the onus of duty as an American on him. I would like to see Paul as Sec. of Education, Agriculture, or Energy. He would do a good job in those last three, but not Commerce.
Beautiful animals horses... Majestic... The bonds they form with each other is undeniable. They work hard hard, they play hard... Just absolutely wonderful animals.

A horse is not a sheep.
And Ron Paul is what he is.
Cheers!

A horse is not a sheep.
That's true.
And Ron Paul is what he is.
That's also true.
Cheers.

It's because they don't know why. They believe in a stereotype they hear over and over.

Do Ron Paul and Gary Johnson believe that Iran is a peaceful nation? Do they support the legalization of drugs? Are they isolationist? Did Ron Paul not suggest that Letters of Marque should be used to deal with terrorism? I don't know that there is a stereotype of libertarian beliefs, but if there is, it was made by libertarians.

In order: No, yes, no, maybe (i haven't heard that).
Missed that post first go around... Pred answered it as I would have however... So... Yeah.

Romney and Ryan will get this Libertarian's vote. To be sure, I'm not foolish enough to think that either Obama or Romney will give us more liberty. Probably the contrary, but I'm not willing to throw the baby out with the bath water. The difference that I see with Romney and Ryan is in the area of business. Businesses will respond to Romney and begin to rebuild the economy. I believe that the country will take longer to fall apart if the economy recovers. Meanwhile people like Johnson and Paul and the Libertarian party can continue to gain strength and maybe, just maybe, become a major enough player to effect politics and even perhaps run congress or the White House in my lifetime.

Left with 4 more years, Obama will take this country so far down that it will not be able to recover.

Romney and Ryan will get this Libertarian's vote. To be sure, I'm not foolish enough to think that either Obama or Romney will give us more liberty. Probably the contrary, but I'm not willing to throw the baby out with the bath water. The difference that I see with Romney and Ryan is in the area of business. Businesses will respond to Romney and begin to rebuild the economy. I believe that the country will take longer to fall apart if the economy recovers. Meanwhile people like Johnson and Paul and the Libertarian party can continue to gain strength and maybe, just maybe, become a major enough player to effect politics and even perhaps run congress or the White House in my lifetime.

Left with 4 more years, Obama will take this country so far down that it will not be able to recover.

Yes. The sky is falling. But I can't pretend that Romney will slow its descent, or that he even wants to. Obama will be no worse for this country than Bush before him, or Romney should he win the election. They're all the same status-quo, statist crap.

This Libertarian is voting Libertarian.

Last edited:

In a sense wouldn't it be better to give Obama another 4 years to further push the country into decay thereby accelerating the message and receptiveness of the liberty movement as people more quickly realize that they are in a world of shit?

In a sense wouldn't it be better to give Obama another 4 years to further push the country into decay thereby accelerating the message and receptiveness of the liberty movement as people more quickly realize that they are in a world of shit?
Actually... I think a clear message would be sent if Obama got re-elected, and then impeached his first year. That way both the Democrat and Republican parties get the idea that the bullshit is over. The American people are getting pissed off.

That would certainly be better than civil war.

Yes. The sky is falling. But I can't pretend that Romney will slow its descent, or that he even wants to. Obama will be no worse for this country than Bush before him, or Romney should he win the election. They're all the same status-quo, statist crap.

This Libertarian is voting Libertarian.

You should pay more attention.

Not really. There will be a point where the decay has gon on so far and is so deep that it cannot be reversed. In addition, you over-estimate the people in a panic. If things get bad, they won't be looking to really finding out the real way to fix things, they will be looking for the person who promises the most the fastest. If Obama wins and takes us off the cliff, everyone will be running to the GOP, which won't help us at all.

Actually... I think a clear message would be sent if Obama got re-elected, and then impeached his first year. That way both the Democrat and Republican parties get the idea that the bullshit is over. The American people are getting pissed off.

You are way more optimistic than I am. If they haven't impeached him already, they aren't going to.

Civil War is going to be a possibility this century. History has seen similar build ups before.

You are way more optimistic than I am. If they haven't impeached him already, they aren't going to.
Who's they? So these people serve the public or not?

Lol, as I'm sure you know, they only serve the public if it benefits them. Bohner and company won't impeach Obama now or in the future because it would hurt them politically.

Lol, as I'm sure you know, they only serve the public if it benefits them. Bohner and company won't impeach Obama now or in the future because it would hurt them politically.
If the "boss" aka the public lets them know that it'll hurt them politically...

That's assuming that the public is the boss. If the public is not the boss... Then obviously we are not in a democracy or republic. And that's something that needs to be addressed.

Forum List

Back