JRK

Feb 27, 2011
The spam from the left is "whose the GOP got"
it does not matter
in 2008 BHO was the next messiah

5% UE had become "stale"
Deficit spending 1-2% of GDP was destroying us
Bush was an idiot

Its simple, if the GOP caused it, why cannot the Libs fix it?
they had 2 years with no-one in there way
with Tarp there has been 1.3 trillion thrown at this event sense 11/2008
and they used all of that time with health-care reform

what has it done?
we have a 2 million job deficit in 24 months
I do not blame Obama
I blame him for doing all of this with the intent to blame the GOP, then raise taxes
it did not work

now the spam is "where is the jobs GOP"
as i state in another thread, the GOP did not run on that agenda

Thats it in a nutshell

Republicans fuck things up so badly and then mock you when you can't fix them right away

Thats it in a nutshell

Republicans fuck things up so badly and then mock you when you can't fix them right away

I do think if you put a women high enough on a pedestal you could look up her dress
but I also think thats kind of perverted
now
I made an observation and
it was not I who stated that with 800 billion dollars in stimulus I could fix it
That was BHO

Thats it in a nutshell

I do think if you put a women high enough on a pedestal you could look up her dress
now
it was not I who stated that with 800 billion dollars in stimulus I could fix it
That was BHO

Ridiculous analogies aside..the Republicans have been resisting with great vigor every effort for President Obama to set this economy right. The stimulus was about half of what it should have been and larded with Republican tax cuts..which do very little to stimulate the economy. They even set the limit on the package. Then they didn't vote for it. They've filibustered a record number of times and called President Obama every name in the book. One even called him a "liar" in the halls of Congress during a session. Add in Republican Governors have done their darnest to make people "feel" the pain despite getting gobs and gobs of cash. I've never seen such bad behavior from either party.

So the Stimulus took..and is taking twice as long to work..because it was perhaps a quarter of what was really needed.

It's true. And Obama has spooked the shit out of mainstream America. He'll get the far lefties and the college kids. But anyone with a brain will vote against him.

If you are expecting an "Anyone but Obama" campaign to make this country better off, you deserve what you get.

Thats it in a nutshell

now
That was BHO

Obviously not a Steve Martin fan....

What did the Stimulus (and TARP) accomplish?

By late 2008, the financial markets were in a panic. Banks were failing, the Auto Comapnies were failing and people were pulling their money out of circulation. The US Government was the only entity with the resources to put money into the economy. That $800 billion was enough to signal that the US was standing behingd our economy.

The result?

Within weeks the Stock Market reversed after dropping from 14000 down to 6600. It has now moved back to the 12000 range.
GDP which was down for four consecutive quarters went positive and has remained positive. This alone signaled the end of the Bush recession

Has it brought around a booming economy? No....Stimulus was watered down with GOP pleasing tax cuts and was not enough to cause a boom. ..but does anyone else want to infuse cash into this economy? We Know the Tea Party doesn't and we know that business is still sitting on $2 Trillion...so we will have to see

Last edited:
Thats it in a nutshell

now
That was BHO

By late 2008, the financial markets were in a panic. Banks were failing, the Auto Comapnies were failing and people were pulling their money out of circulation. The US Government was the only entity with the resources to put money into the economy. That $800 billion was enough to signal that the US was standing behingd our economy.

The result?

Within weeks the Stock Market reversed after dropping from 14000 down to 6600. It has now moved back to the 12000 range.
GDP which was down for four consecutive quarters went positive and has remained positive. This alone signaled the end of the Bush recession

Has it brought around a booming economy? No....Stimulus was watered down with GOP pleasing tax cuts and was not enough to cause a boom. ..but does anyone else want to infuse cash into this economy? We Know the Tea Party doesn't and we know that business is still sitting on $2 Trillion...so we will have to see

Tarp did that and except for GM/Chrysler and AIG we got all of it back before the stimulus was even out of Pelosi s house
Tarp was 11/08
The Stimulus was 3/2009
the DJIA was 6500 3/2009
Tarp stopped the wall street collapse
profits and earnings brought back the DJIA
Stimulus?
kept some teachers working and besides that??????????????????????

Thats it in a nutshell

now
That was BHO

Ridiculous analogies aside..the Republicans have been resisting with great vigor every effort for President Obama to set this economy right. The stimulus was about half of what it should have been and larded with Republican tax cuts..which do very little to stimulate the economy. They even set the limit on the package. Then they didn't vote for it. They've filibustered a record number of times and called President Obama every name in the book. One even called him a "liar" in the halls of Congress during a session. Add in Republican Governors have done their darnest to make people "feel" the pain despite getting gobs and gobs of cash. I've never seen such bad behavior from either party.

So the Stimulus took..and is taking twice as long to work..because it was perhaps a quarter of what was really needed.

what was ridiculous?
Look why is it you think tax cuts do nothing?

10. Myth: The Bush tax cuts were tilted toward the rich.
Fact: The rich are now shouldering even more of the income tax burden. From 2000 to 2004, the share of all individual income taxes paid by the bottom 40% of taxpayers dropped from 0% to -4%, meaning that the average family in those quintiles received a subsidy. The share paid by the top 20% of households increased from 81% to 85%.

9. Myth: The Bush tax cuts have not helped the economy.
Fact: The economy responded strongly to the 2003 tax cuts. The 2003 tax cuts lowered income, capital gains and dividend tax rates. These policies increased market incentives to work, save and invest, creating jobs and increasing economic growth.(added about 5 million)

8. Myth: Tax cuts help the economy by "putting money in people's pockets."
Fact: Pro-growth tax cuts support incentives for productive behavior. Government spending does not "pump new money into the economy," because government must first tax or borrow that money out of the economy. The right tax cuts help the economy by reducing government's influence on economic decisions and allowing people to respond more to market mechanisms.

7. Myth: Reversing the upper-income tax cuts would raise substantial revenues.
Fact: The low-income tax cuts reduced revenues the most. In 2007, the increased child tax credit, marriage penalty relief, 10% bracket and Alternative Minimum Tax fix will have a combined budgetary impact of minus $114 billion -- without strong supply-side effects to minimize that effect. But the more maligned capital gains, dividends and estate tax cuts are projected to reduce 2007 revenues by just $36 billion, even before the large supply-side effects are incorporated.

6. Myth: Raising tax rates is the best way to raise revenue.
Fact: Tax revenues correlate with economic growth, not tax rates. Since 1952, the highest marginal income tax rate has dropped from 92% to 35%, and tax revenues have grown in inflation-adjusted terms while remaining constant as a percent of GDP.

5. Myth: The Bush tax cuts are to blame for the projected long-term budget deficits.
Fact: Projections show that entitlement costs will dwarf the projected large revenue increases. Revenues are projected to increase from 18% of GDP to almost 23% by 2050, while spending is projected to increase from 20% of GDP to at least 38%.

4. Myth: Capital gains tax cuts do not pay for themselves.
Fact: Capital gains tax revenues doubled following the 2003 tax cut. In 2003, capital gains tax rates were reduced from 20% and 10% (depending on income) to 15% and 5%, respectively. Rather than expand from $50 billion in 2003 to $68 billion in 2006 as the CBO projected, capital gains revenues more than doubled to $103 billion.

3. Myth: Supply-side economics assumes that all tax cuts immediately pay for themselves.
Fact: It assumes replenishment of some but not necessarily all lost revenues. Supply-side economics never contended that all tax cuts pay for themselves. Rather the Laffer Curve merely formalizes the common-sense observations that: Tax revenues depend on the tax base as well as the tax rate; raising tax rates discourages the taxed behavior and shrinks the tax base, offsetting some of the revenue gains; and lowering tax rates encourages the taxed behavior and expands the tax base, offsetting some of the revenue loss.

2. Myth: The Bush tax cuts substantially reduced 2006 revenues and expanded the budget deficit.
Fact: Nearly all the 2006 budget deficit resulted from additional spending above the baseline. Historic spending increases pushed federal spending up from 18.5% of GDP in 2001 to 20.2% in 2006.

1. Myth: Tax revenues remain low.
Fact: Tax revenues are above the historical average, even after the tax cuts. Tax revenues in 2006 were 18.4%of gross domestic product (GDP), which is actually above the 20-year, 40-year, and 60-year historical averages.
Brian Riedl is a Grover M. Hermann Fellow in Federal Budgetary Affairs in the Thomas A. Roe Institute for Economic Policy Studies at The Heritage Foundation.

now
That was BHO

The result?

Tarp did that and except for GM/Chrysler and AIG we got all of it back before the stimulus was even out of Pelosi s house
Tarp was 11/08
The Stimulus was 3/2009
the DJIA was 6500 3/2009
Stimulus?

The Stimulus created 3 million jobs per the CBO

The influx of cash into our economy stopped the panic. TARP held up certain sectors of the economy and stimulus did the rest. If it wasn't for those useless tax cuts put in to appease republicans we could have created more jobs.

The great Ronald Reagan used a similar technique to end the Jimmy Carter recession as Obama used to end the Bush recession. Only difference is that Reagan had more money (in 2009 dollars) to dump into the economy

If you are expecting an "Anyone but Obama" campaign to make this country better off, you deserve what you get.

Mickey Mouse could run this country better than Obama is doing. Damn near anybody could. You don't stay with an idiot just because you're afraid to take a chance on a new idiot.

I don't vote rep or dem so I really don't care which of them wins in 2012, but to be honest I heard the same thing in 2004. Bush was such a disaster (like Obama now) that whoever ran against him would win. Didn't happen then and the dems ran someone people at least knew fairly well, and won't happen in 2012.

It's mostly a hollywood game of who sounds the neatest in speeches and has the nicest sounding campaign rhetoric, I haven't seen a GOP candidate who will out-do Obama in those areas next year.

Mickey Mouse could run this country better than Obama is doing. Damn near anybody could. You don't stay with an idiot just because you're afraid to take a chance on a new idiot.

I never said that at all. I want a good leader. I dont want just anyone.

If you take no efforts to put up someone who is good, you either get Obama reelected or another guy who is crap but has an R next to his name.

Either way, you get what you deserve.

I never said that at all. I want a good leader. I dont want just anyone.

If you take no efforts to put up someone who is good, you either get Obama reelected or another guy who is crap but has an R next to his name.

Either way, you get what you deserve.

There is lays my point
Take Walker for example
He is doing as i see it the right thing, he is taking a role as a leader
Obama missed the boat by a mile in 09
he spent all of his energy and time on healthcare reform, his way. Walker is taking on the item that needs taking on right now

The Stimulus was and is a slush fund with no thought given to it

Thats it in a nutshell

2 years is "right away."

Hey guys, it's been 2 years but NP, in 15 more days it will all be better!

Hey RW, even if things went amazingly well it would take 2 more years, that's if everything turned around for going BACK into the shiter like it is.

It's like Obama saying "People expected change overnight." Well it's been well over 700 HUNDRED nights now. Now YOU, RW are trying to blame the HOUSE as to why the Senate and Obama are failing. What an incredibly weak people Democrats (elected) are...

Thats it in a nutshell

now
That was BHO

Your a liar and a idiot.Your degenerate liberal scum had complete control of Congress
and the Whitehouse for 2 years.that is how obama care got passed.Your democRAT
liberal pigs just made EVERYTHING worse!!

The result?

Tarp was 11/08
The Stimulus was 3/2009
the DJIA was 6500 3/2009
Stimulus?

The Stimulus created 3 million jobs per the CBO

The influx of cash into our economy stopped the panic. TARP held up certain sectors of the economy and stimulus did the rest. If it wasn't for those useless tax cuts put in to appease republicans we could have created more jobs.

The great Ronald Reagan used a similar technique to end the Jimmy Carter recession as Obama used to end the Bush recession. Only difference is that Reagan had more money (in 2009 dollars) to dump into the economy

You use Reagan as a way to say "If you liked Reagan, you have to like Obama." Yet you hate Reagan but love Obama, LOL.

Reagan was not a great President, so why would I want Obama to take the worst parts of Reagan and use them full force?

Fellow americans its about obama in 2012, not who runs against him
Nonsense. Pablum.

Obama is a shoo-in for re-election if the GOP can't put up anything but the same old, same old. Deluded people somehow believe that the Romneys, Gingrich's and Palins are going to have any appeal at all for the Independents and Moderates. Newsflash: They're not.

So it is ALL about who runs against Obama.

It should also be noted that the demographic trends, particularily in the South, do not favor the Republicans and the Tea Party.

By 2050, visible miniorities will outnumber "whites" and Hispanic Americans will represent approximately 30% of the population.

With higher concentrations of "blacks" and Hispanics in the South and a voting history of supporting Democratic candidates, these trends are already starting to emerge where traditionally "red" will start shifting to "blue."

Obama has demonstrated that young, articulate, well-educated leaders from visible minorities is a glimpse into the political future!

But the country is so in Debt will we have a country by 2050? The long term future is not about Reps VS Dems, it's about fixing the fucking problem before Government has to cut everything, I mean everything... You see people running on cuts today but in 5-10 years it will be common as the public will know there is no other option.

Forum List

Back