Feinstein: Don't Spoil Our Desert With Solar Panels

There's PLENTY of dessert out there.

Why must these things be put on CONSERVATION land?

Or are you all just choosing to ignore the one truly germane part of this story because it is inconvenient for your Republican whiny assed points of view?

Last I checked the land is in fact NOT set aside at all. Rather Feinstien WANTS it set aside. Do get your facts straight.

You obviously missed the part where the land was bought by the Conservation group specifically AS conservation land.

Does that make a difference to you?

Oh, another Kennedy move huh? How clever, now back to the original question. You DUmmies gonna freeze yer azzes off?

And yet your previous post was nothing more than a blatant attempt to run interference for this administration. Once again you stupid shit, OBAMA and the Democrats are opposed to Nuclear, and you and your couple friends do not change that. He has STATED he is against Nuclear as has the leadership of the Congress. He has STATED in plans to bankrupt Coal plants and that he intends to rape gas and natural gas plants as well.

And what do we get? We get HIS party, you know, the DEMOCRATS, opposing all efforts to create GREEN energy. No wind and no solar.

And we have you claiming otherwise.

Really ... so by reminding someone who mistakenly says all us Democrats do not blindly follow those in charge I am somehow defending Obama ... or as you said running interference? Odd, so then any Republican that disagrees with Jrs idiotic policies is also just running interference for Bush like all the liberal sheeple think? My, you are sheeple yourself if you think that.

The really funny thing is that you completely ignored the fact that I said I love nuclear energy, also the fact I don't give a shit about the "green" label. But you did show why I don't bother with supporting Republicans either, you don't even care what someone actually agrees with or not, you just care what party they are on. Thanks for proving my views on your narrow mindedness yet again.

it's irrelevant stupid, what you believe, you are powerless to build a nuclear plant correct? Yes you are, but Obamalama and the Democrats could build them and won't do you get the drift now? DUMMIE?

So ... who do you think I voted for?

Really ... so by reminding someone who mistakenly says all us Democrats do not blindly follow those in charge I am somehow defending Obama ... or as you said running interference? Odd, so then any Republican that disagrees with Jrs idiotic policies is also just running interference for Bush like all the liberal sheeple think? My, you are sheeple yourself if you think that.

The really funny thing is that you completely ignored the fact that I said I love nuclear energy, also the fact I don't give a shit about the "green" label. But you did show why I don't bother with supporting Republicans either, you don't even care what someone actually agrees with or not, you just care what party they are on. Thanks for proving my views on your narrow mindedness yet again.

it's irrelevant stupid, what you believe, you are powerless to build a nuclear plant correct? Yes you are, but Obamalama and the Democrats could build them and won't do you get the drift now? DUMMIE?

I don't give a shit who you voted for. You gonna build a nuclear plant?

I don't give a shit who you voted for. You gonna build a nuclear plant?

You really are a partisan freak ... will you?

Oh, and we don't need any more built yet, just the ones that are already built used for a change, all they need is the okay to get operational. Thanks to some Democrats in the 80's.

Or we can live in reality where our CURRENT President is against Nuclear energy, and the democrats in Congress are against nuclear. A President that plans to bankrupt the coal fired power plants and gas fired plants as well as natural gas. Is against Nuclear and insists GREEN is the wave of the future.

And then we get his own party ensuring no green gets built in any meaningful manner anywhere at all.

Great attempt at deflections though.

Speaking of reality, and to be sure that we are all on the same page:

The full complement of solar energy collection equipment built since 1974 produces about 0.08 percent of America’s energy—8 parts in 10,000. Not even a tenth of 1 percent of our energy comes from solar power!

Wind power falls into a similar range of energy production. The combined power-generating capacity of every single windmill (and there are thousands), every photovoltaic solar cell on every rooftop, and every thermal solar energy plant across America equals 0.4 percent of America’s energy consumption. That number is astounding for its smallness. Despite 30 years of Carterism, taxpayer subsidies, mandates forcing energy utilities to use alternative energy, and the hundreds of billions of dollars invested so far, green energy isn’t even on the meter.

The Green Energy Dream | theTrumpet.com

Or are you all just choosing to ignore the one truly germane part of this story because it is inconvenient for your Republican whiny assed points of view?

Last I checked the land is in fact NOT set aside at all. Rather Feinstien WANTS it set aside. Do get your facts straight.

You obviously missed the part where the land was bought by the Conservation group specifically AS conservation land.

Does that make a difference to you?

Nope, it is Government land, it belongs to the people.

Or we can live in reality where our CURRENT President is against Nuclear energy, and the democrats in Congress are against nuclear. A President that plans to bankrupt the coal fired power plants and gas fired plants as well as natural gas. Is against Nuclear and insists GREEN is the wave of the future.

And then we get his own party ensuring no green gets built in any meaningful manner anywhere at all.

Great attempt at deflections though.

Speaking of reality, and to be sure that we are all on the same page:

The full complement of solar energy collection equipment built since 1974 produces about 0.08 percent of America’s energy—8 parts in 10,000. Not even a tenth of 1 percent of our energy comes from solar power!

Wind power falls into a similar range of energy production. The combined power-generating capacity of every single windmill (and there are thousands), every photovoltaic solar cell on every rooftop, and every thermal solar energy plant across America equals 0.4 percent of America’s energy consumption. That number is astounding for its smallness. Despite 30 years of Carterism, taxpayer subsidies, mandates forcing energy utilities to use alternative energy, and the hundreds of billions of dollars invested so far, green energy isn’t even on the meter.

The Green Energy Dream | theTrumpet.com

I guess you missed the part where Obama plans to bankrupt Coal and gas fired plants and claims he will replace them with Green? THAT is the reality. Meanwhile every attempt to create Green power is opposed by high powered democrats.

0ver 60 percent of our electrical power comes from coal fired plants and Obama was clear, he plans to SHUT them down. Hope you enjoy living in the 1800's.

Jesus christ, I belive in saving endangered species and all but I would love to actually have electricity when oil is gone! Somethings gotta give I don't think them damn Solar Panels will affect those damn tortises.

Jesus Christ lets all freeze toegether.

Feinstein: Don't Spoil Our Desert With Solar Panels ???

Its amazing what freekin' hypocrites the Democrats are and how the Koolade makes their supporters literally blind to that fact...positively amazing.

Unbelievable--but let's face it--what can we expect from a liberal democrat from CALIFORNIA? Common sense is totally out of the question. I imagine she'll have the entire--enept California state legislature behind her on this one too.

I was reading a green magazine a couple of months ago. Same thing--enviromentalists OPPOSED a wind transmission line--that would be buried underground to help supply the electric needs of California. They opposed it because it would have to be brought through national forest lands.

You can never win with these liberal democrats. They will talk the talk for their (sheep herd)--but they will always come up with extremely poor excuse to never walk the walk.

Last edited:
Shogun ... proof you don't know much, glaring at us right there. The desert is an important part of the ecosystem of he world, just because you think it's ugly doesn't mean it's worthless. Look into what it does for the world and how much of an impact it would have to absorb all the energy that the sands reflect, all the life you would destroy, and all the other benefits the desert offers us as a species.

As readers here know I am not a fan of The Prophet. But I would encourage every member of the Congress to find his own special way to block the plans of the energy-feel-good crowd. Then we will be left with using nuclear and recycling its spent fuel.

Taking up entire states with solar panels to replace a small part of our power needs is misguided, to put it kindly.

Nurclear is the only realistic, large answer on the public energy side. Upgrade the grid (not referring to the Smart Grid idea) and voila, we can all drive electric cars all over the country.

And actually a lot of that desert land is still dirt cheap. No excuse for it not to be utilized with solar panels for energy. The turtles can snuggle up under them whilst looking for shade on those hot summer days.

Desert Tortoises don't need to look for shade on hot summer days. They spend most of their lives underground in estivation, only waking up every one or two years when it rains.

I really wish the media would publicize the opinions of desert ecologists instead of the opinions of politicians.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back