Feinstein: Don't Spoil Our Desert With Solar Panels

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
WASHINGTON -- California's Mojave Desert may seem ideally suited for solar energy production, but concern over what several proposed projects might do to the aesthetics of the region and its tortoise population is setting up a potential clash between conservationists and companies seeking to develop renewable energy.

Nineteen companies have submitted applications to build solar or wind facilities on a parcel of 500,000 desert acres, but Sen. Dianne Feinstein said Friday such development would violate the spirit of what conservationists had intended when they donated much of the land to the public.

Feinstein said Friday she intends to push legislation that would turn the land into a national monument, which would allow for existing uses to continue while preventing future development.

Feinstein: Don't Spoil Our Desert With Solar Panels - Presidential Politics | Political News - FOXNews.com

Oh! how sweet,, no gas, no coal, no nuclear, kennedy don't want no windmills in his back yard and now feinstein don't want no damn solar panels either. you DUmb Democrats gonna freeze yer azzes off? How stupid can you get doyathink?

WASHINGTON -- California's Mojave Desert may seem ideally suited for solar energy production, but concern over what several proposed projects might do to the aesthetics of the region and its tortoise population is setting up a potential clash between conservationists and companies seeking to develop renewable energy.

Nineteen companies have submitted applications to build solar or wind facilities on a parcel of 500,000 desert acres, but Sen. Dianne Feinstein said Friday such development would violate the spirit of what conservationists had intended when they donated much of the land to the public.

Feinstein said Friday she intends to push legislation that would turn the land into a national monument, which would allow for existing uses to continue while preventing future development.

Feinstein: Don't Spoil Our Desert With Solar Panels - Presidential Politics | Political News - FOXNews.com

Oh! how sweet,, no gas, no coal, no nuclear, kennedy don't want no windmills in his back yard and now feinstein don't want no damn solar panels either. you DUmb Democrats gonna freeze yer azzes off? How stupid can you get doyathink?

Bit of a broad brush there Willow. I love the idea of Nuclear and have supported it for most my life (since I learned about it) and I know many Democrat supporters who do.

So then we can say all Republicans are christofreaks intent on putting us back into the Dark Ages.

Bit of a broad brush there Willow. I love the idea of Nuclear and have supported it for most my life (since I learned about it) and I know many Democrat supporters who do.

So then we can say all Republicans are christofreaks intent on putting us back into the Dark Ages.

Or we can live in reality where our CURRENT President is against Nuclear energy, and the democrats in Congress are against nuclear. A President that plans to bankrupt the coal fired power plants and gas fired plants as well as natural gas. Is against Nuclear and insists GREEN is the wave of the future.

And then we get his own party ensuring no green gets built in any meaningful manner anywhere at all.

Great attempt at deflections though.

Or we can live in reality where our CURRENT President is against Nuclear energy, and the democrats in Congress are against nuclear. A President that plans to bankrupt the coal fired power plants and gas fired plants as well as natural gas. Is against Nuclear and insists GREEN is the wave of the future.

And then we get his own party ensuring no green gets built in any meaningful manner anywhere at all.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Pondering pointing out your huge and very visible mistake or letting someone else do it just for laughs ....

:doubt:

Aah hell, I never liked the pop star of a president, never will, never voted for him, and don't agree with anything he has offered yet ...

... clear enough fo you?

I'll be laughing at this idiotic post of RGS' for a loooong time now.

Partisans are all the same, no matter what party or "ideal" they follow, so RGS ... I suppose you think I am against guns to, or that I think environuts have brains, perhaps you would like to tell me how I worship Affirmative Action ... damn ... this is funny.

Pondering pointing out your huge and very visible mistake or letting someone else do it just for laughs ....

Aah hell, I never liked the pop star of a president, never will, never voted for him, and don't agree with anything he has offered yet ...

... clear enough fo you?

And yet your previous post was nothing more than a blatant attempt to run interference for this administration. Once again you stupid shit, OBAMA and the Democrats are opposed to Nuclear, and you and your couple friends do not change that. He has STATED he is against Nuclear as has the leadership of the Congress. He has STATED in plans to bankrupt Coal plants and that he intends to rape gas and natural gas plants as well.

And what do we get? We get HIS party, you know, the DEMOCRATS, opposing all efforts to create GREEN energy. No wind and no solar.

And we have you claiming otherwise.

This is hilarious.

You know Obama's wind farms will be blocked because those blades will chop butterflies and birds to bits

Wait a minute.

They're talking about land that was bought and paid for to be set aside as conservation lands, right?

What?

Don't you guys BELIEVE in the sanctity of contracts?

Wait a minute.

They're talking about land that was bought and paid for to be set aside as conservation lands, right?

What?

Don't you guys BELIEVE in the sanctity of contracts?

The government doesn't believe in the sanctity of contracts so why should we?

... clear enough fo you?

And yet your previous post was nothing more than a blatant attempt to run interference for this administration. Once again you stupid shit, OBAMA and the Democrats are opposed to Nuclear, and you and your couple friends do not change that. He has STATED he is against Nuclear as has the leadership of the Congress. He has STATED in plans to bankrupt Coal plants and that he intends to rape gas and natural gas plants as well.

And what do we get? We get HIS party, you know, the DEMOCRATS, opposing all efforts to create GREEN energy. No wind and no solar.

Really ... so by reminding someone who mistakenly says all us Democrats do not blindly follow those in charge I am somehow defending Obama ... or as you said running interference? Odd, so then any Republican that disagrees with Jrs idiotic policies is also just running interference for Bush like all the liberal sheeple think? My, you are sheeple yourself if you think that.

The really funny thing is that you completely ignored the fact that I said I love nuclear energy, also the fact I don't give a shit about the "green" label. But you did show why I don't bother with supporting Republicans either, you don't even care what someone actually agrees with or not, you just care what party they are on. Thanks for proving my views on your narrow mindedness yet again.

There's PLENTY of dessert out there.

Why must these things be put on CONSERVATION land?

Or are you all just choosing to ignore the one truly germane part of this story because it is inconvenient for your Republican whiny assed points of view?

Or are you all just choosing to ignore the one truly germane part of this story because it is inconvenient for your Republican whiny assed points of view?

Um ... actually I am not Republican and I don't think it's a good idea to use desert any more than forest for this. The desert has an ecosystem that is just as easily harmed by such things. This is why "green" freaks are so ignorant, they see that only areas with green in them as being natural and pure. Hate to break it to you but deserts have just as much life in them and are just as important to the environment as any forest.

Last I checked the land is in fact NOT set aside at all. Rather Feinstien WANTS it set aside. Do get your facts straight.

Last I checked the land is in fact NOT set aside at all. Rather Feinstien WANTS it set aside. Do get your facts straight.

You obviously missed the part where the land was bought by the Conservation group specifically AS conservation land.

Does that make a difference to you?

... clear enough fo you?

while we're laughing at you because he got it exactly right 100% you are just too damn DUmb to see it.

... clear enough fo you?

Really ... so by reminding someone who mistakenly says all us Democrats do not blindly follow those in charge I am somehow defending Obama ... or as you said running interference? Odd, so then any Republican that disagrees with Jrs idiotic policies is also just running interference for Bush like all the liberal sheeple think? My, you are sheeple yourself if you think that.

The really funny thing is that you completely ignored the fact that I said I love nuclear energy, also the fact I don't give a shit about the "green" label. But you did show why I don't bother with supporting Republicans either, you don't even care what someone actually agrees with or not, you just care what party they are on. Thanks for proving my views on your narrow mindedness yet again.

it's irrelevant stupid, what you believe, you are powerless to build a nuclear plant correct? Yes you are, but Obamalama and the Democrats could build them and won't do you get the drift now? DUMMIE?

Forum List

Back