Feingold LOSES!!

I have to admit i'm a little surprised by this one. I thought the old corrupt career politician would pull it out in the end. I guess i was wrong. This is a good thing for America. Corrupt career politicians like Feingold should get the boot.

I have to admit i'm a little surprised by this one. I thought the old corrupt career politician would pull it out in the end. I guess i was wrong. This is a good thing for America. Corrupt career politicians like Feingold should get the boot.

Yeah, he was such an outspoken conservative for the right, he had to go.:clap2:

Democratic Sen. Russ Feingold not only refused to support the financial-reform bill that President Obama signed into law yesterday; he also refused to support an up-or-down vote on the legislation, joining the Republican filibuster.

1/2 a shame, as Feingold was one of the few libs who wasn't a total foaming-at-the-mouth moonbat.

Still, him gone and the very real possibility that the seat held by total foaming-at-the-mouth moonbat David Obey may well flip, makes this a red letter day for the folx of Wisco.

Yeah, he was such an outspoken conservative for the right, he had to go.:clap2:

Democratic Sen. Russ Feingold not only refused to support the financial-reform bill that President Obama signed into law yesterday; he also refused to support an up-or-down vote on the legislation, joining the Republican filibuster.

He didn't think the bill went far enough!

1/2 a shame, as Feingold was one of the few libs who wasn't a total foaming-at-the-mouth moonbat.

Still, him gone and the very real possibility that the seat held by total foaming-at-the-mouth moonbat David Obey may well flip, makes this a red letter day for the folx of Wisco.
True, he just quietly took away your civil liberties and freedoms.

funny-pictures-cow-is-not-happy.jpg

The cows knew. Maisy's a feingold supporter.

I still can't forgive him for McCain-Feingold, so I'm glad he's toast....

I cannot forgive him for McCain Feingold..I have tried. I am very happy he lost, what he and McCain did to us is unforgivable

Feingold was one of the few honest men in the Senate.

It's a shame.

Feingold is ranked 6th in the Senate for bipartisan voting.[citation needed] He is a recipient of the John F. Kennedy Profile in Courage Award, and cosponsored the Bipartisan Campaign Reform Act (McCain–Feingold Act), a major piece of campaign finance reform legislation. He was the only Senator to vote against the USA PATRIOT Act during the first vote on the legislation.

Feingold's primary legislative focus has been on campaign finance reform, fair trade policies, health care reform, conservation and environmental protection, a multilateral foreign policy, Social Security, civil liberties, and the elimination of capital punishment and wasteful spending.

Feingold was the only Democratic senator to vote against a motion to dismiss Congress's 1998–1999 impeachment case of President Bill Clinton. In a statement, Feingold said House prosecutors must have "every reasonable opportunity" to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Clinton should be removed from office on charges of perjury and obstruction of justice. Feingold ultimately voted against conviction on all charges.

In 2001, Feingold voted for the confirmation of Attorney General John Ashcroft. This decision was not popular with his party, but Feingold explained that he voted based on respect for the right for a President to choose his Cabinet, not because of his own personal opinions on Ashcroft.[10]

Feingold has also been an opponent of NAFTA and other free trade agreements, a popular position among many pro-fair trade Democrats, but at odds with the pro-free trade Democratic wing including the Democratic Leadership Council.

In May 2006, Feingold voted to support the Salazar Amendment, which would have declared English the "common language" of the country, but dissented in the vote for the Inhofe Amendment, which would have made English the "national language" of the United States.[11][12]

As one of the strongest opponents of capital punishment in the Senate, Feingold co-sponsored, along with Jon Corzine (who would later, as Governor of New Jersey, sign an abolition bill in his state), the National Death Penalty Moratorium Act in 2002.[16] In the 111th Congress, Feingold introduced the Federal Death Penalty Abolition Act of 2009.[17]

On January 26, 2009 Feingold, Tom Harkin and Robert Byrd were the sole Democrats to vote against confirmation of Timothy Geithner to be United States Secretary of the Treasury (Independent Bernie Sanders, who caucused with Democrats, also voted against Geithner's confirmation).[18]

Feingold has supported various measures to assist veterans. He cosponsored the Veterans Health Care Budget Reform and Transparency Act, which was enacted in October 2009. In 2010 he was named "Legislator of the Year" by the National Association of County Veterans Service Officers.[19]

Feingold is also a well-known advocate for reductions in pork barrel spending and corporate welfare. Citizens Against Government Waste, the Concord Coalition, and Taxpayers for Common Sense, three nonpartisan organizations dedicated to those causes, have repeatedly commended him.[21]

Feingold, who was elected to Congress on a promise not to accept pay raises while in office, has so far returned over $70,000 in such raises to the U.S. Treasury.[22] In addition, he is notoriously frugal in his office's spending, and sends back the money that he does not use. In one six-month period in 1999, for example, his office received $1.787 million in appropriations and returned $145,000, a higher percentage than any other senator.[23] Since becoming a Senator in 1993, Feingold has returned $3.2 million from his office budget back to the Treasury.[24]

Russ Feingold - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It's a shame.
Ummmm.... you don't/didn't live in WI... do you? Mr. "I promise to not be a career politician and fight for your freedoms" Feingold fucked WI over 6 years ago by violating his term limit promise for STARTERS. I'm just pissed I voted for this jackass the first time he ran for office and his "garage door' promises as a 'regular working guy'. Young and dumb back then I guess.

It's a shame.
Ummmm.... you don't/didn't live in WI... do you? Mr. "I promise to not be a career politician and fight for your freedoms" Feingold fucked WI over 6 years ago by violating his term limit promise for STARTERS. I'm just pissed I voted for this jackass the first time he ran for office and his "garage door' promises as a 'regular working guy'. Young and dumb back then I guess.

I didn't. I voted against the ass hat every time, and I'm damn glad to see him gone. He has voted the liberal party line and for every one of OWEbama's radical agenda take overs. People are hurting in Wisconsin, and they're starting to wake up to this out of control spending and massive expansion of government, and they don't like it. I'm am a little shocked that the liberal dumb ass Ron Kind survived here though. He should have been kicked to the curb with the rest of the democrap trash here.

Forum List

Back