Feeling old?

No point in "manning" up after abortion was legalized.

why? 46% of all babies in the USA are now born to single moms....where are the men in these cases?

What difference does it make? The women chose not to abort.

so are you saying the 'men' think their lovers should have just aborted the child, thus this allows them to carry on as if they have no responsibility in the rearing of their own child???

I was 37 when we had the first congress totally controlled by Republicans in my lifetime.

We got internet when my boy was 2. I had compuserve and GEnei (and prodigy, yuck) back in the days before the internet. The whole TCP/IP was very irritating. My kids have had internet all their lives.

One new cool invention is the keyless lock on cars. I thought the remote lock was the coolest thing.

I was 12 when all three networks went to color. We didn't have a TV in our house for many years because they were just too expensive. We went to my grandparents to watch Mayberry RFD and Dragnet and Wild Kingdom.

It just occurred to me to credit the post - DUH!
I have no idea who created the list, I did not. I received it in an e-mail.
That is all. You may return to your regularly scheduled postings.

Feeling old? No. Yet I have lived 55 years and feel like I could live another 55. :eusa_pray: I remember having to go to the outhouse, There was no bathroom. And when we wanted water we had to hand pump it in the sink. A bath or shower, forget it. It was fill a bucket and heat it on the stove and wash yourself by hand or when we were small mom put us in the bucket/tub.

I wonder though that if an EMP knocked out power to the US/World how many younger people would survive? Could they survive? Many don't know know the simple things it takes to survive in a powerless world. Do you?

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Feeling old? No. Yet I have lived 55 years and feel like I could live another 55. :eusa_pray: I remember having to go to the outhouse, There was no bathroom. And when we wanted water we had to hand pump it in the sink. A bath or shower, forget it. It was fill a bucket and heat it on the stove and wash yourself by hand or when we were small mom put us in the bucket/tub.

I wonder though that if an EMP knocked out power to the US/World how many younger people would survive? Could they survive? Many don't know know the simple things it takes to survive in a powerless world. Do you?

I hear that---who needs nukes when an EMP would incapacitate us and send us into chaos.

The young of today don't remember the grainy, black and white immediacy of the moon landing and the hold-your-breath, here it comes, nationally unified consciousness and wonder that it reflected.

No, they cannot.

Most people who were children during the Reagan administration (and after) have no idea what it was like to think of yourself as an American -- part of something greater than yourself.

They have been raised in the zietgiest of a time where GREED IS GOOD was though the height of sophisticated thinking.

It's not really their fault.

We (the 60s generation) had WWII parents who believed in the power of government to make their lives better. (and for their time they were right)

The younger generations had Viet Nam era parents who believed that the power of government was mostly to make their lives worse. (and for their time, they were right)

Small wonder there's such a generational divide in POVs.

BOTH generations are responding to very different (and very real) realities.

Really? Because my kidlet is knocking herself out to look after elderly relatives and to become an art teacher to special ed kidlets in middle school.

I think it's presumptous and a bit snotty to assume good values went out with the first MTV video.

Nope. I'd be dead before the milk expired.

It is an annual thing put out by some college on the east coast to the faculty and staff. They have been doing it for more than 40 years. I first heard about the thing back in the Reagan administration. The idea is to give context to the staff. It had things on it like
When the current crop of freshman was born, Richard Nixon was president
There was a South Viet Nam
Televison has always been in color

and so on.

Back when my son was born, floppy discs were still floppy. Now floppy discs have gone the way of IBM cards and paper tape.

I was born in '69 myself. One good thing is, I have not had all city living through my life. My great grandmother still had an outhouse, I lived on a farm for about a year. Canned fruit and veggies are the ticket! Good eats too. As far as most memorable television shows go... Little Rascals by far. My first television show was probably Sesame Street.

Forum List

Back