Feel sorry for me damn it!

Againsheila

Gold Member
Nov 1, 2008
Federal Way WA
Andrew is home again...problems at the group home. DSHS says one thing, the care providers say another. Now it's back to cleaning up shit everymorning and doing laundry EVERYDAY and no more thinking about looking for a job......

To top that off, I made a very big mistake...I forgot to pay my property taxes last April and now we have to come up with $4500 real fast........so much for our planned trip to Vegas in January.

I hate my life :(

Andrew is home again...problems at the group home. DSHS says one thing, the care providers say another. Now it's back to cleaning up shit everymorning and doing laundry EVERYDAY and no more thinking about looking for a job......

To top that off, I made a very big mistake...I forgot to pay my property taxes last April and now we have to come up with $4500 real fast........so much for our planned trip to Vegas in January.

Is there some agency that can help you with Andrew right now? Can you do the property taxes in installments? Would the Group Home be willing to give Andrew another chance if you meet with them?

Sorry Shelia!

Is there some agency that can help you with Andrew right now? Can you do the property taxes in installments? Would the Group Home be willing to give Andrew another chance if you meet with them?

Sorry Shelia!

Nope, have to pay it all at once. And the group home is pretty much toast. Allegations on both sides make me feel Andrew is not safe there anymore. One of the allegations is that he and another resident were spanked. Who spanks a 21 year old autistic person? I'm meeting with his DDD counselor tomorrow to discuss alternative adult family homes. We're hoping to get him into another one in the next couple of weeks. If not, we may keep him until next year.

The taxes thing is my own fault. I could swear I paid them, but I didn't. We are going to have to get more organized for next year.

take a real deep breath.....be glad you have the money...sorry you have to foregone the vacation....focus on your son and getting him the type of home he needs...good luck

So kids and residents are claiming there are spankings going on?

Well this is weird. But then I'm not familiar with group homes for men that also have children. I'd be inclined not to believe fellow residents, unless there's some other sort of evidence..not because they aren't truthful but because they can and do misinterpret things.

But the whole kid thing..I dunno.

Good luck with it, how stressful.

I bet you have a long lost relative in Nigeria who left you a lot of money and all you need to do is send a Nigerian "lawyer" the filing fees and you'll be rich ! :tongue:

(you'll get through this one too---people can do amazing things)

Forum List

Back