Feds to shut down concert season

Speaks volumes about what? There is a law in place, there have been violations of that law, .

Article VI, Clause 2 of the United States Constitution, known as the Supremacy Clause, establishes the U.S. Constitution, U.S. Treaties, and laws made pursuant to the U.S. Constitution, shall be "the supreme law of the land."

This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in pursuance thereof; and all treaties made, or which shall be made, under the authority of the United States, shall be the supreme law of the land; and the judges in every state shall be bound thereby, anything in the constitution or laws of any state to the contrary notwithstanding.

So does the statute trumps the Constitution?

Speaks volumes about what? There is a law in place, there have been violations of that law, .

Article VI, Clause 2 of the United States Constitution, known as the Supremacy Clause, establishes the U.S. Constitution, U.S. Treaties, and laws made pursuant to the U.S. Constitution, shall be "the supreme law of the land."

This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in pursuance thereof; and all treaties made, or which shall be made, under the authority of the United States, shall be the supreme law of the land; and the judges in every state shall be bound thereby, anything in the constitution or laws of any state to the contrary notwithstanding.

So does the statute trumps the Constitution?

How does the statute conflict with the Constitution, Mr. Peter-puffer sir?

It's been three years since Gibson was raided by armed agents.

Meanwhile, union shops in other states who buy the same wood have not had their doors kicked down.

This isn't about enforcing the law. It's about punishing companies who aren't union.

Of course you guys would make it about unions. Did you ever think that perhaps Gibson fucked up? Maybe they tried to circumvent the law....maybe something was wrong with the paperwork on the purchasing of that wood? Of course, it couldn't be anything like that. It has to be some stupid conspiracy theory.

No, it is strictly about unions. Gibson moved from unionized Michigan to non union Tennessee. And the unions demand payback. Notice that Martin, in the same line of business with the same suppliers hasn't been touched.
You have proof of that, or are you just running your mouth? I'm betting the latter...in fact, I wouldn't be surprised if someone from the right wing media fed you this bullshit....and you are simply regurgitating it.

The best thing democrats could do to affect obama's reelection is to have federal agents storm concerts and confiscate the instruments, then make an announcement that they are saving the rainforest.

Of course you guys would make it about unions. Did you ever think that perhaps Gibson fucked up? Maybe they tried to circumvent the law....maybe something was wrong with the paperwork on the purchasing of that wood? Of course, it couldn't be anything like that. It has to be some stupid conspiracy theory.

No, it is strictly about unions. Gibson moved from unionized Michigan to non union Tennessee. And the unions demand payback. Notice that Martin, in the same line of business with the same suppliers hasn't been touched.
You have proof of that, or are you just running your mouth? I'm betting the latter...in fact, I wouldn't be surprised if someone from the right wing media fed you this bullshit....and you are simply regurgitating it.

Just looking at the facts. The fact is that Gibson is the only company to get this treatment, even though other companies are buying the same wood from the same sources. Gibson is also the only company that went from unionized to non-union.
Coincidence? I don't think so.

Oh, I'm quite current with it. You see, there have been no arrests, no charges, no fines, nothing. Just he said, she said.

Really, you need to just stop now.

You forgot a key word: Yet.

YET..then that pre-supposes they support Obama...Interesting that property is seized but no one is in jail...and NO charges pending?

YOU are an idiot.

Just looking at the facts. The fact is that Gibson is the only company to get this treatment, even though other companies are buying the same wood from the same sources. Gibson is also the only company that went from unionized to non-union.
No....you are not. Have you seen their(Gibson's)bill of sale or paperwork pertaining to the purchase of that wood? Have you seen Martin's or any other guitar manufacturer's.

You are making gross assumptions, based on your hatred for unions...nothing more.

No....you are not. Have you seen their(Gibson's)bill of sale or paperwork pertaining to the purchase of that wood? Have you seen Martin's or any other guitar manufacturer's.

You are making gross assumptions, based on your hatred for unions...nothing more.

Do you haev some evidence that the Feds are investigating any other company for violating the Lacy Act?

On another note, I can't help but wonder whether you'd be talking about the Law and violations of the law requiring appropriate enforcement to maintain the law's integrity if we were discussing illegal invaders?

As a matter of fact, if we were talking about illegal immigration, I would be completely and firmly calling for stronger laws and enforcement. Perhaps you should read what I said in this post.

The law shouldn't exist in the first place, that's the point, and if you think this kind of nonsensical regulation over a few trees in Madagascar that turns non-threatening people into criminals is what makes the United States a great place to live then it's time to take off your jack boots, pull your head out of your ass, and start breathing some fresh air.

Why shouldn't the law exists? All it does is ensure that imports into the US do not violate the export laws of other countries. Why is that a bad thing? Why would we want the US to be a mecca of global black markets?

You obviously prefer the US be a mecca for Mexican drug cartels.

And what the Hell is that supposed to mean? I'm firmly opposed to illegal immigration and personally believe that the US needs to adopt some very strong, aggressive even, policies in regards to the unsecured border to the south, and that our government needs to finally stand up to Mexico. I'm tired of the US being Mexico's toilet.

Do you haev some evidence that the Feds are investigating any other company for violating the Lacy Act?
Have there Been any problems with any other guitar company? I know...pesky little details that fuck with your world view.

You forgot a key word: Yet.
It's been three years since Gibson was raided by armed agents.

Meanwhile, union shops in other states who buy the same wood have not had their doors kicked down.

This isn't about enforcing the law. It's about punishing companies who aren't union.

Then why haven't been charges filed? Why have appeals been denied? Nah, couldn't be the Fed taking revenge on behalf of their union contributors, never anything as insidious as that...

Have there Been any problems with any other guitar company? I know...pesky little details that fuck with your world view.

No. Amazing, given they buy wood from the same sources, isn't it? Maybe because other companies are union and Gibson is not?
Nahhh....

This is simply a witch hunt to punish Gibson guitars and make their sales go down. The Obama-ites hate Gibson because Gibson moved from union-thug Michigan to union-free Tennessee so they could be profitable. So the Administration has targeted them. Note they are not going after Martin Guitars even though they use the same sources for their wood.
Personal vendettas fueled by politics is the signature of the Left. We can't vote these morons out fast enough.

That sums it up best. It's revenge, pure and simple. It's okay to use wood from endangered trees if unions are the ones doing the wood working. The musicians bought the guitars legally and should not be punished. And all companies need to be held to the same standard.

I don't know how confiscating the guitars will change anything. Not like they can turn them back into trees, but they can destroy something and harass people.

Forum List

Back