Feds to issue new medical marijuana policy

I'm on this kick because Dis has accused (UNJUSTLY!) that I am a drug addict and/or alcoholic.

We all know that is a fabrication. Only unhappy, miserable people are potheads and drunks.

Hey, Dis, where does that leave you?

dam the "potheads" i knew and know now.....are not unhappy or miserable....and most are doing quite well.....alcohol....thats another story....

Yea, Sir Paul McCartney hasn't accomplished much while smoking pot most of his life, not too much. I have known 2 alcoholics that are dead from crashing their cars for the last time, thankfully without involving anyone else but the people that loved them. The best thing that could happen to Dis would be to smoke a huge Jamaican spliff by herself, she wouldn't be able to wipe the smile off her face for a week. This would be the size I would recommend.:razz::lol:

I remember when I got high for the first time, the third time that I had tried, I remember thinking......... how the fuck could this be illegal, surely it will be legalized soon, surely people will figure out that "Reefer Madness" was complete bullshit backed by the alcohol industry. How insane is it for people to be jailed for enjoying such a great feeling. That was 37 years ago! I smoked pot for 35 years, quitting a few times to pass drug tests. I finally quit completely 2 years ago, cold turkey, to get a new job that does random tests......... haven't even smelled any since then. I miss it, just like I would miss anything I enjoy, but it certainly wasn't addictive or detrimental to me in any way that I know of. It didn't even make me a liberal.

yea i had quit cold turkey after about 30 years ....missed it....wanted some after a fucked day....but after a week or two.....

I was always amazed at how, no matter how bad the problem I might have been going through, if I smoked a couple hits of quality weed I was always filled with positive solutions. Some unrealistic, but always positive, It made me want to come up with a solution as opposed to alcohol which deadens all senses and more often makes a bad situation worse.

I smoked it only twice, including once from a bong, just to see what it was like. It gave me a really fucked-up nightmare after the first time. The bong hit actually had me feeling alright, but since then I kept off of it. Mostly because I'd rather blow the money on other things... That said, I've been more fucked up by a daiquiri in New Orleans than by my experiments with herb. Don't know why it's illegal.

- Federal drug agents won't pursue pot-smoking patients or their sanctioned suppliers in states that allow medical marijuana, under new legal guidelines to be issued Monday by the Obama administration.

Two Justice Department officials described the new policy to The Associated Press, saying prosecutors will be told it is not a good use of their time to arrest people who use or provide medical marijuana in strict compliance with state law.

The guidelines to be issued by the department do, however, make it clear that agents will go after people whose marijuana distribution goes beyond what is permitted under state law or use medical marijuana as a cover for other crimes, the officials said.
My Way News - Feds to issue new medical marijuana policy

This is one more thing out of many that I disagree with that I actually agree with. The Federal government should not be stepping on the toes of States rights. Currently there are 13 states that allow for medical marijuana use with people who obtain written notice from their doctors to treat chronic conditions.

We need to spend DEA funds to track down crack-cocain--herion & meth dealers.

Your thoughts?

It's a start.

It won't be a done deal until hemp is completely legal and NOT taxed.

- Federal drug agents won't pursue pot-smoking patients or their sanctioned suppliers in states that allow medical marijuana, under new legal guidelines to be issued Monday by the Obama administration.

Two Justice Department officials described the new policy to The Associated Press, saying prosecutors will be told it is not a good use of their time to arrest people who use or provide medical marijuana in strict compliance with state law.

The guidelines to be issued by the department do, however, make it clear that agents will go after people whose marijuana distribution goes beyond what is permitted under state law or use medical marijuana as a cover for other crimes, the officials said.

This is one more thing out of many that I disagree with that I actually agree with. The Federal government should not be stepping on the toes of States rights. Currently there are 13 states that allow for medical marijuana use with people who obtain written notice from their doctors to treat chronic conditions.

Your thoughts?

It's a start.

Completely legal, as in you can smoke it while driving? I'm not willing to go that far.

Fuck the FDA too.

Drinking beer and whiskey is also all about the high.

Doing a shot next to someone does not have the risk of passing the intoxication or the other effects over to the second person

And alcohol does have medicinal uses as just what it is, in it's chemical form... the chemical benefit of marijuana can be had it an approved delivery form without the high... kind of like why we have methadone and not heroin not being prescribed

Dave if someone can get high sitting in the same room with someone smoking pot....then said person is a wuss....and Marinol does not work as well as the real thing...period....

Absolutely FALSE.... show 1 study that has Marinol as ineffective when nebulized or ingested... it is indeed the real thing... without the smoke (which AGAIN is not nor will it ever be a FDA approved delivery method) and without the high...

I'll be waiting

Your thoughts?

It's a start.

if that happens....you know they will tax it.....

Wow. Something I can agree with. The Obama (May his camels be plentiful) seems to understand better then some. Drug legalization is a States Rights issue. Each state has the right to determine their laws regarding drugs.

But how can he be for states rights when he has a plan for global domination? :eusa_whistle:
Well, its a baby step in the right direction. But he'll fall on his backside soon enough. For the briefest of moments, there was a pinpoint of light in an otherwise dark and intimidating administration.

Fuck the FDA too.

Drinking beer and whiskey is also all about the high.

It is about the high, otherwise people would not drink some of that nasty tasting stuff

I think it is hypocritical for the fda to be cool with children being given ritalin and other psychotropic drugs, because they "seem" to show signs of "not paying attention in school"

And this is and off topic for a second, but screw the EPA as well, all these federal agencies need to go. They are about the money. The do gooders who support these bloated bureaucracies are useful for the federal government to keep doling out money to these bloated bureaucracies.

It is much like the stimulus money, it does nothing but encourage corruption, it is always about the money in the end

Another thought, I think this is just another way for the feds to control something they had no control over. I believe it should stay illegal for one reason; and that is because the feds really cannot control the illegal stuff, that is why they are always making new laws, and involving federal agencies.

For those of you who support legalizing weed, I would ask you to rethink your position

Number one they will tax the hell out of it, and number 2, they will make laws to tell you who can and cannot have it. And the purety of the weed will go down the tubes and end up becoming something full of unnatural chemicals.

I hope it stays illegal for the reasons stated. I do not smoke it, frankly, I hate the stuff personally, but do not make judgements on those who choose to smoke it.

Everything the feds touch turns to crap.

If I am not mistaken, before Roe V Wade, there were less abortions

Anyone notice what they have done to the cigarette industry? Some things are better left untouched by the feds, well....most things

Another thought, I think this is just another way for the feds to control something they had no control over. I believe it should stay illegal for one reason; and that is because the feds really cannot control the illegal stuff, that is why they are always making new laws, and involving federal agencies.

For those of you who support legalizing weed, I would ask you to rethink your position

Number one they will tax the hell out of it, and number 2, they will make laws to tell you who can and cannot have it. And the purety of the weed will go down the tubes and end up becoming something full of unnatural chemicals.

I hope it stays illegal for the reasons stated. I do not smoke it, frankly, I hate the stuff personally, but do not make judgements on those who choose to smoke it.

Everything the feds touch turns to crap.

If I am not mistaken, before Roe V Wade, there were less abortions

Anyone notice what they have done to the cigarette industry? Some things are better left untouched by the feds, well....most things
I look at it from a different angle. Each state has the right to determine the legality of marijuana. The Feds should not be involved whatsoever.

As to the reasons for keeping it illegal. I used to be in that camp. But as the philosopher said when confronted with why he had changed his mind.

"My opinion is based upon the facts. Always has been. I have not changed My mind, the facts have changed."

I now support marijuana to be regulated the same as alcohol is regulated with all the appropriate laws and fines/jail time that exist for the misuse of alcohol.

I personally do no partake of pot. Its a bad high for Me and I find it difficult to concentrate when I'm high. Beer is My drug of choice. Homemade beer at that. :D

But the bottom line is this. Each state has the right to determine its own destiny and that includes what laws they will abide.

It is about the high, otherwise people would not drink some of that nasty tasting stuff

I think it is hypocritical for the fda to be cool with children being given ritalin and other psychotropic drugs, because they "seem" to show signs of "not paying attention in school"

And this is and off topic for a second, but screw the EPA as well, all these federal agencies need to go. They are about the money. The do gooders who support these bloated bureaucracies are useful for the federal government to keep doling out money to these bloated bureaucracies.

It is much like the stimulus money, it does nothing but encourage corruption, it is always about the money in the end

i think the hypocrisy of the govt comes in big on this issue....its ok to smoke something that has been proven, to cause your demise over the course of time,and its VERY adictive and hard to break away from......you can drink a fluid that contains a substance that has been involved in more deaths than all the drugs combined,families coming home from a night out,destroyed because of this stuff in some jerks system......but smoke that evil weed.....turns you into a degenerate.....and then your hooked.....now whatcha gonna do?

Forum List

Back