Feds to issue new medical marijuana policy

oreo

Gold Member
Sep 15, 2008
rocky mountains
- Federal drug agents won't pursue pot-smoking patients or their sanctioned suppliers in states that allow medical marijuana, under new legal guidelines to be issued Monday by the Obama administration.

Two Justice Department officials described the new policy to The Associated Press, saying prosecutors will be told it is not a good use of their time to arrest people who use or provide medical marijuana in strict compliance with state law.

The guidelines to be issued by the department do, however, make it clear that agents will go after people whose marijuana distribution goes beyond what is permitted under state law or use medical marijuana as a cover for other crimes, the officials said.
http://apnews.myway.com/article/20091019/D9BE5D2G0.html

This is one more thing out of many that I disagree with that I actually agree with. The Federal government should not be stepping on the toes of States rights. Currently there are 13 states that allow for medical marijuana use with people who obtain written notice from their doctors to treat chronic conditions.

We need to spend DEA funds to track down crack-cocain--herion & meth dealers.

Your thoughts?

Last edited:
- Federal drug agents won't pursue pot-smoking patients or their sanctioned suppliers in states that allow medical marijuana, under new legal guidelines to be issued Monday by the Obama administration.

Two Justice Department officials described the new policy to The Associated Press, saying prosecutors will be told it is not a good use of their time to arrest people who use or provide medical marijuana in strict compliance with state law.

The guidelines to be issued by the department do, however, make it clear that agents will go after people whose marijuana distribution goes beyond what is permitted under state law or use medical marijuana as a cover for other crimes, the officials said.
My Way News - Feds to issue new medical marijuana policy

This is one more thing out of many that I disagree with that I actually agree with. The Federal government should not be stepping on the toes of States rights. Currently there are 13 states that allow for medical marijuana use with people who obtain written notice from their doctors to treat chronic conditions.

We need to spend DEA funds to track down crack-cocain--herion & meth dealers.

Your thoughts?
Bullshit.

We "need" the DEA like we "need" endless foreign military deployments.

Time to end the idiotic federal "war" on (some) drugs altogether.

And how much you want to bet flake Dr.s will start upping their marijuana prescriptions... even though smoking is not an FDA approved delivery method and even though there is a tested and true product known as marinol that can be ingested or nebulized.... going to show all of this is not about the medicine, but about the high

After hearing the story from a CW co-worker discuss how she had visited a home where a client had "medically prescribed marijuana" for generic back pain, and said worker found boxes of it in the bedroom, in a bong ready to go next to the bed, another stash under a pile of clothes, and a much larger box in the car...I have determined to request medical marijuana from my PA for generic anxiety (I learned long ago that pot actually makes my anxiety worse, unless I'm completely isolated) and generic back pain.

I'm not a pot head, haven't been for years, but still...it's so tempting. I find something orgasmic about being able to have pounds of pot in my home legally. Like I said, I don't smoke it, but still.....

Last edited:
Fuck the FDA too.

Drinking beer and whiskey is also all about the high.

Doing a shot next to someone does not have the risk of passing the intoxication or the other effects over to the second person

And alcohol does have medicinal uses as just what it is, in it's chemical form... the chemical benefit of marijuana can be had it an approved delivery form without the high... kind of like why we have methadone and not heroin not being prescribed

When you're getting a cold, tickly throat, that sort of thing...if you drink 1/2-1 fifth of whisky, I guarantee the cold and tickly throat will go away.

Likewise, marijuana will cure a hangover.

Not that I smoke marijuana or drink. Because you know, that would be wrong.

I'm on this kick because Dis has accused (UNJUSTLY!) that I am a drug addict and/or alcoholic.

We all know that is a fabrication. Only unhappy, miserable people are potheads and drunks.

Hey, Dis, where does that leave you?

If marijuana truly helps people with specific illnesses, then I approve. However from what I've learned from friends in CA, it's pretty easy to get for just about any disorder.

I am a high school teacher and a mother of two teenagers. Pills stolen from parents are very very popular today. Kids think it's ok, because it comes from a doctor. The same will go with marijuana. I do not want to see it legalized. Kids are stupid enough. :cuckoo:

BUT WHAT ABOUT THE CHILDREN!!! THE CHILDREN!!! I have seen that 1930s movie and the commercials on TV where the kid shots the other kid cause hes high on pot. Marijuana will KILL your child dead... DEAD!!!

Okay, the War on Drugs is one of America's greatest domestic policy failures ever.

If marijuana truly helps people with specific illnesses, then I approve. However from what I've learned from friends in CA, it's pretty easy to get for just about any disorder.

I am a high school teacher and a mother of two teenagers. Pills stolen from parents are very very popular today. Kids think it's ok, because it comes from a doctor. The same will go with marijuana. I do not want to see it legalized. Kids are stupid enough. :cuckoo:
Pills are easier at school because there's no way the kids can sneak off campus for the most part to light up. Pills are much more dangerous..and easy to pass around right under everyone's nose.

And how much you want to bet flake Dr.s will start upping their marijuana prescriptions... even though smoking is not an FDA approved delivery method and even though there is a tested and true product known as marinol that can be ingested or nebulized.... going to show all of this is not about the medicine, but about the high

Who gives a flying rats ass? Here is a really conservative view for you.......not to be confused with the talk radio, social conservative agenda......let people take responsibility for themselves and do what they want. Simple and cheap. If someone wants to throw their life away on coke or meth, let them. Unless they are hurting someone else, it's none of my business. I've never touched a drug in my life other than a perscriptin medication and have no desire to. I've taught my son to stay away from them. I believe other people should stay away from them. That being said, people need to be responsible for their own actions and the government should stay out of it. That my friend is REAL conservatism.

Last edited:
We have Bitter Clingers, now: With their dollars and guns. Even in Vietnam, there were aspirations of World Peace aplenty, to go around. They were even visible in the photo of the last helicopter to leave Saigon!

Think of it as the Obama Administration, catching up with the curve(?): From Punahou School(?)! The little hotel kitchen NO2 cannisters(?) have their drawbacks, you know, if it's the same Punahou School that we've all heard about!

"Crow, James Crow: Shaken, Not Stirred!"
(Or if you must, then many regard my Indian name to be, "Crawling Drunk!")

Ok, I'm lost.

If I had medical marijuana, I could perhaps remidy that situation.

Forum List

Back