Feds: No link between climate change and floods!!!!

skookerasbil

Platinum Member
Aug 6, 2009
Not the middle of nowhere
duh

[URL=http://s42.photobucket.com/user/baldaltima/media/duh_09.gif.html][/URL]

Of course, non-AGW religion folks, better known as skeptics, have been saying this for two decades while the religion goes, on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on........about drought a flood being caused by climate change.

Be again, we see them getting kicked squarely in the nut sack by the federal government!!!!!

Feds declare no climate link to floods - SC's '1000 year flood' only a 10 year flood! U.S. Geological Survey: 'No linkage between flooding & increase in GHGs'

By the way........of course, Mommooth was leading the charge last week after the SC floods contending they were Noah's ark type events due to climate change.:spinner::spinner::spinner:

LOL.....its only a "10 year flood event" according to the government!!!:funnyface::funnyface::fu:

Feds declare no climate link to floods - SC's '1000 year flood' only a 10 year flood!

Try reading your own link:

>> it does appear that the USGS streamgage on the Black River at Kingstree, SC and the one on the Smith Branch at Columbia, SC both measured peak floods in the neighborhood of a 500-year flood. Currently, there appear to be a few more streamgages experiencing a 25-year to 50-year flood, but the majority of USGS streamgages had flood peaks that were less than 10-year floods. USGS will have more accurate estimates of the flood probabilities out in the coming months, as the engineers and scientists in South Carolina take time to do more careful analysis of the statistics. <<

"Once in a thousand year event" was indeed the NOAA prediction here a little over a week ago. Not only did I read that, I recorded it for broadcast. Fortunately the weekend didn't manifest as copiously as the flash flood warnings were predicting (though SC is still in the depths). But that's where the term came from.

Dad-What-Is-Science.jpg

NOW THIS IS INCONVENIENT FOR THE FLAT EARTHER ALARMIST'S... Even the USGS is getting OFF of the AGW crap mantra..

From the USGS: Flood Information website:

"Dr. Robert Holmes, USGS National Flood Hazard Coordinator, takes some time to discuss and answer some hot issues related to the flooding in South Carolina.

Is this flooding in South Carolina truly a 1000-year flood?

While this certainly was a catastrophic flood with lots of damage and tragic loss of life, USGS provisional data and preliminary analysis show NO indication that a 1000-year flood discharge occurred at any USGS streamgages. However, based on that analysis, it does appear that the USGS streamgage on the Black River at Kingstree, SC and the one on the Smith Branch at Columbia, SC both measured peak floods in the neighborhood of a 500-year flood."

They admit a very sparse event history and back away from any link to AGW... Looks like a few are seeing the writing on the Empirical Evidence wall..

"Is this flood due to climate change?

USGS research has shown no linkage between flooding (either increases or decreases) and the increase in greenhouse gases...."

I can hear the alarmists heads exploding right now... CO2 has no effect on the hydrological cycle and water vapor (convection cycle)... Oh Lordy!!!!

This is going to leave a huge mark on the alarmist meme.. It should kill it dead as the USGS admits there is no link, not even a causal one, between water vapor (as a positive feedback), and CO2...

:blowup::blowup::blowup:

I believe that this was the exact premise the IPCC and alarmists give for man caused runaway global warming.. The USGS just told us that they have seen no change, by empirical evidence, to support this. This should be the dagger that kills the alarmist meme..

Last edited:
duh

Of course, non-AGW religion folks, better known as skeptics, have been saying this for two decades while the religion goes, on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on........about drought a flood being caused by climate change.

Be again, we see them getting kicked squarely in the nut sack by the federal government!!!!!

Feds declare no climate link to floods - SC's '1000 year flood' only a 10 year flood! U.S. Geological Survey: 'No linkage between flooding & increase in GHGs'

Dear Moron,

Irrespective of whether or not AGW is causing the frequency of flooding to go up or down, its quite obvious that, all else being equal, a storm surge causes more flooding if the pre-surge sea level is higher.

-Person Who Can Count

Why is it that Republicans believe in the science of high-volume high-pressure hydraulic fracturing, yet Liberals don't? :dunno:
Didn't the dirty brown people on the other side of the planet put a stop to that?
Da fuck is that question about? And I can't concentrate with that sig GIF of yours flailing my eyeballs.

Get rid of it. :slap:
Get rid of it? Like the dirty brown people across the planet got rid of U.S. fracking?

I heard this basic scenario from someone just a little bit ago.

'Well, but you know there is a very good documentary out there that shows the cows are the problem makers and that is why the earth is warm'n. I knows cause that what's I heard today.....'

I asked, "Why is it then all those ancient cities are under water that have just been found in the last twenty years or so? No reasonable response was heard back. I asked if they also watch the documentaries about the methane pockets throughout the ocean floors. Again no response.

Why is it that Republicans believe in the science of high-volume high-pressure hydraulic fracturing, yet Liberals don't? :dunno:
Didn't the dirty brown people on the other side of the planet put a stop to that?
Da fuck is that question about? And I can't concentrate with that sig GIF of yours flailing my eyeballs.

Get rid of it? Like the dirty brown people across the planet got rid of U.S. fracking?
Unlike Republicans, they're the ones that don't believe in science. Or haven't you figured that out yet, E=mC asshole? :dunno:

Unlike Republicans, they're the ones that don't believe in science. Or haven't you figured that out yet, E=mC asshole? :dunno:
Bitch ass nigga

BITCH-ASS-NIGGA.gif

Only a five hundred year flood. My, my, and how long before we get another five hundred year flood in the same place? A number of places on the West Coast have had two or three five hundred year flood in the last 30 years.

Hmmmmmmmmm.............. E = MC^2. LOL.

duh

[URL=http://s42.photobucket.com/user/baldaltima/media/duh_09.gif.html][/URL]

Glacial lake outburst flood - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I heard this basic scenario from someone just a little bit ago.

'Well, but you know there is a very good documentary out there that shows the cows are the problem makers and that is why the earth is warm'n. I knows cause that what's I heard today.....'

I asked, "Why is it then all those ancient cities are under water that have just been found in the last twenty years or so? No reasonable response was heard back. I asked if they also watch the documentaries about the methane pockets throughout the ocean floors. Again no response.

that is an inconvenient question

--LOL

Forum List

Back