'Feds have a plan if Mexico violence spills over'...

matty

SUMbodyweedemOUT
Jun 17, 2008
[[Gunny, please don't move me, this really is related.--And I get it now that we can't double post. :)]]

--I just skimmed the first two pages of that Compean thread, but I found these two links encouraging last night and saved 'em...you have to get at least a little kick outta the way they bring in Arnold two thirds of the way down the article. ~Only in America:lol:, I don't care what they have to say about his politics, his persona's far more recognized than that.

"Feds have a plan if Mexico Drug Violence spills over
TBO.com - News From AP

"EL PASO, Texas (AP) -- If Mexican drug violence spills across the U.S. border, Homeland Security officials say they have a contingency plan to assist border areas that includes bringing in the military...

"...[California National Guard spokesman Jonathan Guibordsaid National Guard officials in California know only "what's been publicized" about the plan, but added that state military officials routinely train and prepare to respond to any order from Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger or the president..."

"Border Patrol: San Diego Plaza used by smugglers
TBO.com - News From AP

"SAN DIEGO (AP) -- The top U.S. Border Patrol official in San Diego says he closed a half-acre oceanfront plaza on California's border with Mexico to enhance security [and that they are]... tearing up concrete at Friendship Park, a plaza that sits on a bluff where throngs once gathered on both sides of the border to chat through a chain-link fence.

"Mike Fisher, the Border Patrol's San Diego sector chief, sa[id] Friday that..is replacing the plaza with a dirt road, sandwiched between fences, that will be off-limits to the public."

Last edited:
On your first article, personality trumps authority at all times. That's a law created by our modern reality.
On your second article, that doesn't make much sense. Why don't they just station a couple guards near the fence? It is so public a place no mexican in his right mind would try to climb the fence.

On your first article, personality trumps authority at all times. That's a law created by our modern reality.
Yes, it 'tis.

On your second article, that doesn't make much sense. Why don't they just station a couple guards near the fence? It is so public a place no mexican in his right mind would try to climb the fence.

Or because it is so public, he could assume some greater chance of going unnoticed, they were passing drugs thru holes in the fence.--Why they wouldn't provide for some kind of guard there, I don't get either, but I don't know what they did do, if anything, before that to begin with...

I thought the plan would be somewhere along the lines of "ignore the problem and hope it goes away". That's always been the plan when it comes to the US/Mexican border.

They have a plan IF drug related violence SPILLS OVER into US soil?

That's rich.

I have a plan.

Bring the troops home from Iraq and put them on the Mexican border.

Forum List

Back