Feds halt new citizenship approvals after Obama admin’s gaffe on background checks

Clementine

Platinum Member
Dec 18, 2011
If ineligible people were 'accidentally' given citizenship status, it needs to be revoked immediately. I don't think this was a mistake. If it was, people would have been notified but instead they kept it secret. Our vetting system is a joke when people come from third world dictatorships. There is no way to know the background of many people and that should prevent them from coming here. Even if they determine they are refugees, no way shoud citizenship be granted.

"The government suspended naturalization ceremonies and banned officers from approving any new applications for citizenship earlier this week after realizing its background check system was broken and ineligible people may have been slipping through, a key congressman revealed Friday.

House Judiciary Committee Chairman Bob Goodlatte, whose office was tipped off to the monumental error, said he was stunned by the problem — and also by the fact that the administration never bothered to inform him of it."

Feds halt new citizenship approvals after spotting hole in background checks

But how many were already allowed in?
Thank God, because Obama was about to take in refugees that Australia refused because of where they came from. Syria, Iran...

Too many. Bad enough too many were bought here but now too many have been granted citizenship when they don't qualify. What will be done to rectify this? They can't just allow them to remain citizens when they don't qualify.

This is horribly irresponsible and I think was done deliberately.

I almost guarantee it was and the numbers let in when the ttruth comes out will probably be astounding.
But how many were already allowed in?
Thank God, because Obama was about to take in refugees that Australia refused because of where they came from. Syria, Iran...

Too many. Bad enough too many were bought here but now too many have been granted citizenship when they don't qualify. What will be done to rectify this? They can't just allow them to remain citizens when they don't qualify.

This is horribly irresponsible and I think was done deliberately.

Forum List

Back