Fedology is the new Sovietology

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
Chaos in the Land of Oz | ZeroHedge

Right now, I'm very much focused on a phrase I call "The Wizard of Oz." The Wizard of Oz is the Federal Reserve, the governments, the U.S. Treasury, and the "Troika." You need to understand these organizations to invest today. You need to hire old apparatchiks from the old Soviet Union, because the basis of the 2009-2011 bull market is massive government intervention.

For instance, the spending of the U.S. Treasury, the U.S. government, right now is 25% of GDP. The norm is 18%. So that means 7% of GDP can be attributed to the government propping up this economy. You have huge transfer payments used for paying off banksters and keeping the system going. A lot of the transfers go to the wealthy "kleptocrats." That's one of the reasons we had a 400% increase in the price of Tiffany's, while Wal-Mart is on it's butt. Is it any mystery that protests against Wall Street and kleptocrats are on the rise?

So that's the effect. You really have to be an old apparatchik Russian guy; those guys would do really well in an environment like this.

Is there merit to what the man says? I'm leaning toward 'yes'.

The rest of the interview is pretty interesting as well.

Forum List

Back