Federally Owned Land?

Did I just step into the twilight zone?

Didn't we already do this thread once before?

Glenn Beck was actually talking about how Utah is challenging the Federal Government for use of their land. I am astounded that the Federal Government has so much control.

In Arizona, where I live, they own a lot of land. The federal govt does nothing to maintain it. The town I live in last year sued the federal govt and won the right to thin the trees for fire protection purposes. That created jobs. They put up gates on the forest roads near me, yet do nothing to maintain them, so the gates end up at the scrap yard every winter, when the forest roads are supposed to be closed.
One of my friends is a federal officer, and lives here in town. He covers an area from I40 south to I10, and from the NM line to the rim.(about 2800 square miles) he has told me he is out manned, and has no chance of enforcing anything except the simple stuff. marijuana growers- he looks the other way. Illegals camped in the woods-looks the other way. Someone driving down the road in front of him that litters- they get a ticket !

The federal government might own the forest land and the BLM land around here, but we, the citizens maintain and control ot, usually against the will of the feds.

☭proletarian☭;2018959 said:
How do you feel about the Fed owning 85% of the land in a state?

291 – Federal Lands in the US Strange Maps

Which portion of the Federal Land shown on that map is actually Indian reservations? The Western States have far more Indian land than Eastern ones, so if that adds to the percentage then it is a bit misleading.
Another thing I oppose. The reservations were originally intended as little more than concentration camps. Now they serve to divide the People based on skincolor and tribal loyalty. Around here, most people on the reservations are poor as hell anyway.

I don't see how keeping the reservations is a good thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
☭proletarian☭;2019100 said:
☭proletarian☭;2018959 said:
How do you feel about the Fed owning 85% of the land in a state?

291 – Federal Lands in the US Strange Maps

Which portion of the Federal Land shown on that map is actually Indian reservations? The Western States have far more Indian land than Eastern ones, so if that adds to the percentage then it is a bit misleading.
Another thing I oppose. The concentrations were originally intended as little more than concentration camps. Now they serve to divide the People based on skincolor and tribal loyalty. Around here, most people on the reservations are poor as hell anyway.

I don't see how keeping the reservations is a good thing.

About 1/3 of Az is reservation, held in trust by the feds for the tribes. The people are poor, it does divide the people, even on the rez.
About 20% of the land in Az is privately owned. The state owns 12 %, the feds have the rest.
My biggest gripe with the BLM land is that it seems to be held in trust for the large cattle ranchers.
My biggest grip with the national forests is the feds don't take care of it.
The White Mountain Apache nation, which is about 17 miles from me, were all considered prisoners of war until the government need soldiars to fight WWI. Did you know that? We "freed" them, so they could fight to defend the system that oppressed them, and they did it!!! Figure that out......

Forum List

Back